Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Austerity Measures.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Austerity Measures.

The electorate have let this government know just what they think of their austerity measures.Three by elections yesterday where Cameron and Clegg were humiliated,Rotherham the Conservatives came in 5th whilst the Lib finished 8th.UKIP were 2nd to Labour whilst the BNP and George Galloways Respect party even beat the Torys.Middlesborough Labour win followed by UKIP second.Croydon North Labour win Tories 2nd..Will this make this government change tack,I dont think so as they are to arrrogant for that.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jim maybe the penny is finally dropping we can only be pushed so far and the results prove it i would like to see more ukip and bnp and independent mps in parliament just give a voice for the few and not the here here brigade.jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If the government stopped giving Tax Payers money to 185 Different Countries, many of them Richer than us and some are even our declared enemies,
    then there would be no need for Austerity or cut backs in Services.
    They forget, it is our money not theirs.
    We could be a fairly wealthy country but for that. Charity begins at home. not in China or India and Iran and North Korea.
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian what and how much will this country spend to help the flooded areas of the country farm land ruined houses with foundations washed away but no it gos on your insurance but a flood anywhere else and we throw money at them. we pay out of our own pockets in disasters through our insurance going up again when was the last time your insurance went down i can't remember can you!!!!jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i think that the next couple of elections will see UKIP coming out in front with BNP a close second. i have voted for them for years as i want out of europe. it only needs a couple of wins to turn the tide.
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i see that cameron has blocked 21million aid to rwanda.hooray. now block all the other rich countries that we are giving money to and as brian has said, we can all benefit here.
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

john sutton Guest

This year, December has 5 Saturdays, 5 Sundays and 5 Mondays.

Dec-12

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thu

Fri

Sat

Sun

This only happens once every 824 years. The Chinese call it the Money Bag. Send this to all your friends and enemies as well. According to the legend, you will receive money in 4 days. According to Feng Shui, if you do not send it you will stay poor. I in particular, will not let this opportunity pass by. So I send it to you with my best wishes. (Just in case it is true!)

john sutton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The poor in Rawanda will die

Hi shipmates. Money given by the U.K. government as A.I.D. has many purposes' some as we know goes into the pockets of our friends??? To keep them sweet this is not new, but has happen for many years 21 million is only a drop in a very large bucket. Captain kong has a very good point, But he does not understand the old saying in every poor country you first must put grease on the wheel hubs to make the ox cart move .... and all people in power like to put some grease on!!!!! We are a very weathy country but the mega rich 3% have 90 % of the wealth property, land and endless funds. The rest of us?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Austerity measures

Louis, there is some truth in what you say BUT if all the poor countries stopped buying arms to fight within their own borders then there would be a great deal more money to purchase food to feed their starving.

In the 1980's I did stints in Ethiopia over a four year period working with USAid and World Food Programme Aid, programming ships carrying food and fertilisers (long before Geldorf screwed things up) into Assab, it wasn't an easy job and not recommended for vacationers. At one period there were nearly 90,000 tonnes of aid in various ships waiting to berth but could not because the Soviet ships carrying arms etc got priority. There were lots of things happening that never made the International Newspapers because it would not have been good for public consumption. After arranging large convoys of trucks to carry aid into the interior, these trucks would be set on fire if the aid was destined for the Eritreans or other Ethiopian tribes that the Ethiopians setting the trucks alight didn't like. I found similar things happening in other parts of the world where I was involved in Aid Programmes. Consequently I have no sympathy for the so called 'Starving' countries because most of the trouble within them is man made and has nothing to to do with drought or other factors. I worked east and West Coasts of Africa, India, Pakistan, Jordan (for Iraq) and other places around the world on AID programmes, most of which could have been avoided if food instead of Armaments had been purchased by the respective countries.

The sooner that our ruling party, whomever they maybe at anytime stops trying to curry favour with countries that have no allegiance to us, either politically or monetary and concentrating its efforts on our survival, the better. We maybe 'perceived' as a wealthy country, but we are not that wealthy that we can be generous to all and sundry, whether they be perceived as being worthy recipients or not.

I'm afraid from first hand experience I no longer give to boxes for the 'starving' as most goes where it is not intended and for goods that do nothing to alleviate suffering. What little I can afford goes to two worthy causes, Cancer Research and RNLI; charity begins at home

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Louis, I think you will find Aid is nearer to 21 BILION .
    We could do a lot in Britain with 21 BILLION Pounds. Remember these are not one off payments, they are every year and this year Cameron Increased payments by 50%. After the USA we are the biggest giver of Aid in the world.
    I wonder how much money France and Germany give.
    The list of countries are on GOOGLE, 185 of them, many are French Colonies why?
    I remember a few years ago. We gave India 500,000,000 Pounds, they went to Russia and bought some submarines off them, Some Grease on the wheels that, they must have skidded off the road and ended up in Moscow.
    They could have bought the submarines of Britain at least we would have had some employment and some of the money back.
    We have been giving money by the Billions in Africa, it is in a worse state now than it was 50 years ago, There are no signs of any improvement anywhere, The Swiss bank accounts of many of those Dictators in Zurich are overloaded with our money.
    Pakistan , a Nuclear Power, India a Nuclear Power and has a Space program, we cannot afford one. China the biggest Army in the world and Navy, A Nuclear Power with Space programs, Now Louis what is all that about?
    We have to sack 8,000 Army veterans from the Army in January because we cannot afford them,
    They forget, those men will be unemployed on the Benefit system, How many millions a year will that cost, better to keep them in the Army paying tax. Did Cameron ever do Maths at school?? is that what an Eton Education does for you? Cannot reckon up.?
    He throws our money around like a `Drunken Sailor` , and I should know I used to be one.
    With a bit of luck , Pakistan and Bangladesh are going to have a collection for the flood relief in the UK.
    And India may Donate food parcels to our Food Banks for our poor people
    Pigs may fly over Iran.
    Good one Ivan, just seen your post.
    I also ONLY donate by direct debit to Cancer Research UK . and the lifeboat when I go to Fleetwood, also at funerals I donate to Heart Foundation. I give absolutely NOTHING to any Overseas beggers
    If they all stopped shagging and kept their populations down they could be better off.

Cheers
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 30th November 2012 at 04:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast