Thread: Members On Line.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Members On Line.

When I look at the members on line I notice that some appear tobe on 24/7, knowing their part of the world in which they live they are registered as on line when it would be during their bed time.The question is do many members stay logged on 24/7 I myself log off when going to bed or leaving the house.Anothe thing that prompts me to ask is, quite a large figure could be logged on but the site is stagnant so to speak with very little views or replies.
    Just a thought.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I pop in and out at any time of day or night. I wake up I get up so just as likely to be on at 0300 as any other time. I think Tesco brought in round the clock opening just for me. That said, I don't leave my browser open on this site when I'm on other sites nor away from computer. I don't physically log out of the site but assume it would automatically log me out when browser was closed.

Regards
    Calvin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i just leave mine logged on because when trying to log on i get stores to something instead of MN old friends every couple of days my computer clears and i have to log on again. i am only on one other site but always under my own name so you all know who i am?? jp sorry three there is a club on facebook.jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Numbers!

Interesting Point here Jim,as i too have noticed this!
    I have always thought that once you finish your session with the site,it takes a little while to show that you are then offline??
    But yes i see many times that many are online for a very long time,when in fact they more than likely are fast asleep or elsewhere!
    One person is of course Tony Morcom (Admin Asst) whose Green Light is never out!
    Do you sleep at all Tony LOL!

Yes it would be better if when one has completed their session here that after a short time the Green Gremlin goes to sleep as well,that way we can actually see who is online!

Yes i know that on the Main Page it shows who is online,but as said is that the absolute correct number,me thinks not!
    Cheers

Now of interst as i havent been online as much the past few Weeks,does my Green Light stay on !??
    Let me know as i cant see it haha!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi All.
    I always try to remember to log out as I thought it would be clogging the site for no reason. BUT I always turn my computer off at the wall every time I switch off, the price of electricity sky rocketing as it is.
    I asked my son if he turned his off, he said no, I said well go and look at your meter box then come back in turn it off and look again, he actually saw his meter slow down when he turned it off.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I never log off, just in cae I wantt o go back in. Have noticed on a couple of occasions when I did log off it tookages to get back on. Yes I shut down each night, all off at the wall apart from printers.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Gulliver Guest

Thumbs up Log In Times

I have always required and like my straight 8 hours sleep- sleep.gifapart from at sea(impossible !) and fortunately I sleep really well.That's why I'm never on line between about 2200 and 0600 U.K.time.
    For the rest of the day I'm 'on and off' at differing times depending on my other various daily activities,but I always log in and out to the site which does seem to show others the green light if I am on line.Not that I specifically look at other members to see if they are online or not.It doesn't matter ,if they want to read my post then they eventually will.One exception here(bless him dear Lord for he shall remain nameless) ! is a certain nice chap who always replies to a thread long after the interest has died down(I think he's probably only just found it !) He's caught me out a few times by resurrecting an old Thread containing a post of mine that I would have sooner preferred to have died a natural death due to it's content.Then I have to cringe all over again at what I'd written-especially if by deleting it would look too obvious -or worse still someone else has replied with a quote,which will show your original comment !

Yes,it pays to be 'canny' on line .
    I think we longer serving members of the site probably know by now the geographical location,and therefore the likely 'on-line' times of other members-including those who are having a sleepless night or have (probably)just blown in from the pub! Time of Posting is usually the give-away here-adjusted for geographical location of course .
    Exceptionally,and I expect I'm not alone am I Mr.Brady?- if I know I've posted something which I know will invite controversial comments,then I'll 'hang around' a while a bit longer than usual just to read the anticipated incoming low-flying s... tuff !
    All pretty normalf really,and it must happen to everyone on all manner of websites.

All the Best to Everyone.!

Gulliver
    Love PC.gif

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cant remember

Gulliver its even worse when one cant remember the following day what you sent in ones cups the previous evening. I usually know when looking at later by the spelling just how inebriated I thought I wasnt Cheers John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

this must be the only site you can access without logging on? some sites you have to join even to ask one question and never go back but that makes you a member and that jacks the numbers up!!!!jp