Thread: Further education

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Further education

I have this silly idea of wandering down to Spain and fishing the Ebro from source to sea next year, possibly three months duration and off the beaten track. My Spanish being rather limited and totally useless outside the confines of a bar I decided I needed at least beginners language skills so checked with my local college. At £189 for the course it works out at £12.60 per two hour session with class sizes of up to twenty. I'm told by a friend who did a course I need to get my name in early as they are usually over-subscribed so that works out the college is receiving around £250 per two hour session.

Is this the going rate around the country for evening classes? I thought they couldn't make ends meet!

Regards
    Calvin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Spanish

Whats wrong with quanto costa cerveza, or quanto costa para nachta, or capitano passo la platto manana. Got most seafarers around latin countries. Enjoy your fishing, sure you"ll pick up the lingo real quick as have all the basics required Cheers John Sabourn.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Calvin you have got more chance of coming across an English speaking spaniard out there rather than an English speaker in this bloody country:JP

Gulliver Guest

Arrow Further Education......

Calvin,just a bit of feedback for you re Fees.

My local college is charging £76 for a Spanish Conversational Class-2 hours per week x 10weeks.
    And : £89 per term for a structured Beginners Level 1 Class -probably also 2 hours per week x 30 weeks.

The Spanish conversational classes are supposed to be very good,and will probably suit your touristic aims,and as you’re an ex-seafarer I bet you find you’ll pick it up again very quickly.

The fees I quoted are from my West Midlands/West Mercian area,so I bet your fees down in Berkshire as you stated could well be higher,although it sounds more like the sort of fees that a Private Language School would charge ! Muy Caro.!

Hasta pronto por ahora !
    Gulliver
    Fishing.giffishing (2).gif

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Calvin,
    Go google and there many Spanish lessons with audio, I think the BBC do a free one as well..........
    I am brushing up on my Javanese language for when I go on my Holland America cruise to the Pacific in February,
    Last year the stewards were made up because I could speak it a little and got a lot more treats than the other passengers. All the catering staff there are Javanese.
    .Cheers
    Brian.
    ================================================== =======================
    .google, `Spanish Language Lessons` .............................
    Ads related to spanish language lessons freeThese ads are based on your current search terms.
    Visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager to learn more or opt out.
    Learn Spanish Online - Learn Spanish - Easy, Fast & Fun
    learn.spanish.online.babbel.com/ - 78 seller reviews
    Learn Spanish - Try it Now Free.
    How good is your Spanish?
    Elementary Spanish Course Intermediate Spanish Course
    Advanced Spanish Course

Learn Spanish For Free | Busuu.com
    click on this ........busuu - Learn languages for free online - 313 seller reviews
    Learn Spanish online and completely for free!Free Spanish Lessons - Learn 1000 instant Spanish words.
    Shortcut to Spanish
    ./

Fast way to speak with Spaniards Search ResultsBBC Languages – Free online lessons to learn and study withwww.bbc.co.uk/languages/Cached - SimilarYou +1'd this publicly. Undo
    Free online language learning: courses, audio, video and games, including the alphabet, ... Key questions about language learning ... Real Spanish, real drama.
    .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    . Nowt wrong with just saying "Quanta costa jigajig, or Una cervaisa and one for my mate."
    Do your trip before its too late, and enjoy it. good luck with the lessons.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 31st October 2012 at 07:02 PM.

john sutton Guest

calvin
    dont waste your money.I have lived in this country for 15 years and speak only a smattering of spanish and have no problem.
    Before getting married and moving down here I kept a boat here and being a single man had to put myself about.I had several spanish ladyfriends who had no english and I found with the help of a spanish/english dictionary I could mange to breach the defences with regularity.
    I would add that I am not one of the expats that want everone to speak english but the locals love it if you make an effort.
    john sutton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for that John. I thought as I was going off the beaten track up into the Cantabrian mountains I might have troubles language-wise. I know from doing my research re licences etc I can find few official websites much above Caspe offering English pages so it is looking as though this is going to be a bit of a suck it and see excursion. I am even struggling to find out when to start as obviously I have to wait for the snow melt to ease off. Have even played with the idea of doing it in reverse and wandering back along the Atlantic coast. At least then I'd hit the mountains in August.

Regards
    Calvin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN PRUDEN View Post
    Calvin you have got more chance of coming across an English speaking spaniard out there rather than an English speaker in this bloody country:JP
    Surely if you all want to mix in you should be learning Urdu, or some other Islamic language!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller