Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool City.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Liverpool City.

You can now add Liverpool to Your Tranquil WEE places that you have visited (or will visit)So all you people who are always taking the pizz about stolen hubcaps can eat you words.After decades of gags about Scouse scallies,figures show that London,Birmingham,Manchester,Leeds and Sheffield allhave more burglaries and car crimes per person.Among big cities only Newcastle is safer than Liverpool.People living in South Yorkshire are 50% more likely to be burgled than Scousers.And violent crime attacks are twice as common in London than they are in Merseyside.Just 1% of people in Merseyside were burgled 2011/12.The figure was 20%in Manchester and London and 30%more in West Yorkshire.London car crime was double the Liverpool figure and in Birmingham it was 50% higher.When I watch some of these Police Camera Action shows on TV around the UK and I see the antics that take place in some of the Cities and towns on a saturday night I have never seen anything like that in Liverpool.Some of the most violent ones are in places that I always thought of as a small country villages and the women are often more trouble than the men.As far as I was concerned people that passed comment on how bad Liverpool was had never been here and I'm sure those of you that dont live here but have been here whilst at sea or otherwise will have found it quite a pleasant and safe place to have been.
    Regards.
    Jim.B

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Jim
    Well there is a coincidence for you. I have just booked 4 nights at the Liner Hotel in Liverpool for March next year, and then I come onto the Computer and there is this thread started by your goodself extolling the virtues of Liverpool. All of which I agree with. But then all of us Scousers have always known that Liverpool was and still is the greatest. Roll on next March which will see my 70th birthday by the way.
    Best Regards
    John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Liverpool City.

John,that was'nt the only coincidence as I was writing that Lou Barron was sending me a pm saying he hopes to visit next May.Lou will certainly see a big change since he was last here but one thing is for sure he will enjoy it.
    Regards.
    jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just maybe there is nothing left to lift in Liverpool anymore they have stolen the bloody lot and are now venturing further afield. Said with tongue in cheek. Got to look at it from all angles LOL.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would not say it was that bad Les but there has been a recent incident at John Lennon Airport
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I spent all my seafaring days sailing and living in Liverpool, used to live in the Southend in Chester Street Number 4, just off Stanhope street near the Flat Iron until they pulled it down around 1973ish.
    I used to stagger around Warwick St. Parliament Street and Lime Street etc. No problems. sometimes with a big pay off in the back pocket. I used to drink along the Dock Road, in Broken Nose Jacks, the Boathouse, Mabels, the Caradoc, the Winifred etc, no hassle at all.
    Liverpool always had atmosphere, it was vibrant, it was in the atmosphere. I never liked Manchester, very dull in comparison and a lot more crime in Manchester. I had a lot of mates in Liverpool, most are dead now. I still go there and have a drink in the Eldonian now and again.
    So you have my support Jim.
    I recommended Liverpool University to my son, he had passed for Cambridge and decided too many poofters there so he went to Liverpool Medical School on my advice and became a great Consultant of Liver Diseases and is well known on both sides of the Atlantic., he appears on TV some times talking on Liver diseases. He loves it.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The times you lived in Liverpool Brian you were living not far from where I was brought up. We lived just off Dingle Lane, never had any money, no new clothes at Christmas or any other time for that matter, holidays were never on the angenda - but good wholesome food was put on the table, and as a kid I spent the happiest time of my life, untill I went to sea that is. My grandma lived in Upper Park Street and spent most of her time in the pub on the corner. Remember the Flat Iron and if my memory serves me right there was a Chinese community centre opposite, or some such thing. Park Road used to be where we spent a lot of time as there was a lot of the family who lived in the holy lands, Jacob, Isaac, David and Moses Streets. Great days and memories one can never forget.
    Best Regards
    John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Liverpool City

During the war Liverpool got a fair hammering but the people never let it get them down as regards to crime there where a lot more of that in a lot of other places i always felt safe when i was in the Pool so Jim you have a very good point in what you have said

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i blame the wagon drivers they don't lash the loads properly that's why stuff falls of the backjp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the majority of people that think al scousers are robbers thieves and any other name they call us have never stepped foot here in the first place!!!! i ask you lads go ashore in any foreign land in a bar you know if a scouser is with you you will be OK? there is thieving that gos on everywhere the thing is we share with friends and lets face it who among us hasn't acquired a bit of hookie gear at one time or another?jp

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast