Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool City.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

neville
    Hi Brian , I guess its good to have a son who knows about liver problems .did you recomend that line of work to save your liver

I sure did Neville.
    I was in hospital with a Liver problem in July and given the all clear two weeks ago, my Consultant consulted my son. so I was in good hands.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 28th October 2012 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default neville

We have guns for sale to anyone even assault rifles here in the US . and 100,000 people here are killed each year by guns . I have 6 hand guns and one 50 calliber rifle that I collected . hope I never need them to protect the old homestead .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default neville

I grew up on Romer road in Kensington Liverpool 6. once a good working class area ,I hear now its one of the worst places to live. I took a look around on the pc ,on (veiw of house )and there were a few ****** looking people on the street .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I lived in Cambridge for nine years. Town not gown but can't say I noticed any more poofters there elsewhere. Biggest concentration would possibly have been MN.

Medicine - Top UK University Subject Tables and Rankings 2013 - Complete University Guide

Regards
    Calvin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Calvin,
    The rankins there are for 2012/3. even so the figures are not bad. Liverpool Uni is still good for education.
    He was there 30 years ago so I guess things may have changed over the years.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The difference in rankings between any of those in the top thirty is so small as to make no difference. Anyone who graduates through any of them is to be congratulated.

Regards
    Calvin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Liverpool City.

Yes Neville Kensington (or Kenny as it was affectionitely known) was a great area to live at one time.Most of the big houses down there have now been converted into flats and yes many foreigners maybe mostly asylum seekers are now living in the area.I think some parts are still ok with residents associations striving to keep the area in good order.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Outside of Glasgow, even with it's inherent problems, I still consider Liverpool as a second home and probably like most of us, because i sailed in and out of there so often. Many years ago when my sons were still toddlers and still living in Glasgow at the time, I took them on a vacation to Wales but stopped off in Liverpool to take them to Anfield and Goodison. I had to stop, at one point, to ask directions and the minute the lad I asked opened his mouth, I was immediately overwhelmed with nostalgia. The same thing happened when I went back about 3 years ago for the MN reunion. I stood by the waters edge at Pier Head for a long time followed by an extensive drive around the city. O.K you might say, nothing more than nostalgia, but if that's what makes me feel the way I do about Liverpool, then no-one can argue with my logic, it's mine. I love Liverpool and the Scousers, warts an all, just like Glasgow. I can't honestly say that about anywhere else in the world.
    Duke Drennan R809731

Gulliver Guest

Smile

Originally Posted by Captain Kong :- I recommended Liverpool University to my son, he had passed for Cambridge and decided too many poofters there so he went to Liverpool Medical School on my advice and became a great Consultant of Liver Diseases and is well known on both sides of the Atlantic., he appears on TV some times talking on Liver diseases. He loves it.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Well,I 'm sure that wouldn't be the final deciding criterion to take into account when considering whether to accept an Oxbridge Uni place or not,Brian? Perhaps he really just wanted his laundry done by Mum ,and be just a bit closer to the Bank of Dad?

Which reminds me,regarding those in this world of 'other' sexual persuasion,I was 'googling' Liberace the other night(as one does) and came upon this gem....

In 1956, an article in the Daily Mirror by veteran columnist Cassandra (William Connor) mentioned that Liberace was "…the summit of sex—the pinnacle of masculine, feminine, and neuter. Everything that he, she, and it can ever want… a deadly, winking, sniggering, snuggling, chromium-plated, scent-impregnated, luminous, quivering, giggling, fruit-flavoured, mincing, ice-covered heap of mother love" , a description which did everything it could to imply he was homosexual without actually saying so!
    (What a put-down that was !)

But......
    Liberace sent back a telegram that read: "What you said hurt me very much. I cried all the way to the bank." Piano.gif

Gulliver

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well,I 'm sure that wouldn't be the final deciding criterion to take into account when considering whether to accept an Oxbridge Uni place or not,Brian? Perhaps he really just wanted his laundry done by Mum ,and be just a bit closer to the Bank of Dad Gulliver.
    . That could not be further from the truth Davey.
    I brought him up single handed, no MUM to do his washing. He did not use my bank, He worked hard in vacation times at all kinds of jobs, even on building sites including some dangerous jobs, to earn money for term time. He certainly isnt a panzy. To survive in this life you have to be tough. That is what I taught him,., I brought him up to be a Man and stand on his own two feet. I only helped financially for certain fees and overheads that had to be paid in advance., Also I was at sea when the two lads were at school, four weeks on and four weeks off, I trained them to look after themselves and how to run the house, to cook, to dhoby and ironing, including safety , between them whilst I was away. They matured early because of my training.
    Every tom dick and harry jumping on the bandwagon, all I was doing was complementing Liverpool`s Education system and how it gave my lad a good start in life. To show that Liverpool has a good side and not just slums, guns and crime. As per thread.
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 28th October 2012 at 05:54 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast