Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Child Benefit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the Amigo View Post
    .................... I will keep to general banter on this forum in the future..............................
    Louis, no way man you must continue to voice your opinion on here. It has been the supresion of free speech in many places that sees the world in the mess it is today.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default how far will they go

Hi Shipmates, Hi happy john in oz, Thank you for you kind words, but the way some serious post on this great site are going we will soon be planning a take back the U.K. campaign!!! as I am not the only one who can see, what will happen to us all if we do nothing in a few short years .

Gulliver Guest

Originally Posted byj.sabourn I think the UK government owe it to the people of the country to give them a referendum, the only question is to ask is to stay or come out of. If it is to stay then the British people (or what is left of them) will only have themselves to blame for any future prosperity or otherwise. This decision is not for any self seeking politician to decide on, but the British people themselves, it should be their decision alone. Regards John Sabourn

Statements or random comments like that (nothing wrong,we all use them)always bring the proverbial ‘wry smile to my face’, John.

You make it sound like there’s been a nuclear holocaust and we mere handful of British whites left in the U.K. are hanging in a lifeboat off the end of Southend pier (other British piers are available) and just waiting when the time comes to be cast out into the great unknown.

When,.in actual fact we ethnic whites currently make up 87% of the UK population (with Ethnic minorities making up 13%. )These are 2001 figures,and even by 2051 it is estimated by the University of Leeds we will be down to 80% ethnic white(with 20% other ethnic minorities -(still only a fifth of our total.

Not yet the time to panic and initiate an ethnic cleansing ‘pogrom' then !

If truth be known I would rather initiate a 'pogrom 'to evict all the white British Jeremy Kyle type of unproductive , burden-on -the-State scrounging trailer trash than any of the ethnic minorities…

Not sure if Scotland is included in the above percentages,but it doesn’t really matter any more to we British as in a few years we won’t have to worry any more about President Salmond and his little tin-pot banana republic any more.
    They still think we want their oil!

Banana republic is not an appropriate word.there.
    Haggis republic-there you are,I’ve just coined a new word for future breakaway countries of the peculiarly Scottish kind. You heard it first here!
    All the Best/'Orra Best'
    Gulliver

But yes John those 'few of us' left do want an EU referendum-and I think it won't be far off....

Last edited by Gulliver; 3rd November 2012 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i think one problem we have got us British are an arrogant race much like the Germans i think that's why we have battered each other in wars its not our fault but it was our heritage to think that any other race is beneath us weather its from the days of empire or rarge in India i don't know but this invasion of foreigners coming in touches a nerve we are snobs the lot of us if you have a coloured neighbour say black he could be a doctor teacher the nicest fella you could wish to meet in your mind what is he first we can't help it!!! as you get a bit older and supposed to be wiser you think back in history we fought along side many different races all colours and creeds their blood is the same colour as ours and may be they deserve to come and help with our economy but with us being an arrogant race we still think they are beneath us. just my view jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Child Benefit

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN PRUDEN View Post
    and may be they deserve to come and help with our economy but with us being an arrogant race we still think they are beneath us. just my view jp
    John it is probably the first time I have commented upon one of your posts as mostly they are worth reading and comments if any erring on the positive side. However I do on this occasion think you are doing the indigenous populace a dis-service. It is not a question of arrogance or feeling others are beneath us, as we have all, or most of us, sailed with peoples of different creeds and colours and judged them solely on their abilities and nothing more.

The disquiet we feel as natives in this country is not so much (though it may have some bearing in some) about creed or colour or our superiority, as you put it, it is solely about 'numbers' which these sceptred isles cannot cope with and the amount of revenue (taxes) being generated by the working populace cannot give a service to those people who have contributed to this revenue. There are too many legal and illegal immigrants who have not or will not see it as their duty to contribute to our coffers by working and paying taxes and some of those that are working are mostly sending their earnings back home to their own countries so that their relatives can buy air tickets to join the gravy train. Our own Council gives advice to immigrants, who are not working on how they can claim further benefits for their children back in their native country. You may be happy with this situation and maybe have personal reasons for being so, but I, like many others who had a 60 year working life and paid taxes and dues all those years and am still getting taxed on my meagre State Pension are not too ennamured with the situation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan if you have read most of my posts on this subject i will be the first in line to say we should have a good clear out of non producers to our land but we have both hands tied? i to have put my time in tax wise and i don't even claim half i am entitled to by law because i simply don't get the help that immigrants get when they drop their hook here and totally agree that the indigenous people of great Britain are being laughed at by people that have not put a penny in the coffers but like tax dodgers they know all the scams loopholes you name it.jp

Gulliver Guest

Default Love thy Neighbour or Never the Twain shall Meet?...

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN PRUDEN View Post
    I think one problem we have got us British are an arrogant race much like the Germans i think that's why we have battered each other in wars its not our fault but it was our heritage to think that any other race is beneath us weather its from the days of empire or raj in India i don't know but this invasion of foreigners coming in touches a nerve we are snobs the lot of us if you have a coloured neighbour say black he could be a doctor teacher the nicest fella you could wish to meet in your mind what is he first we can't help it!!! as you get a bit older and supposed to be wiser you think back in history we fought along side many different races all colours and creeds their blood is the same colour as ours and may be they deserve to come and help with our economy but with us being an arrogant race we still think they are beneath us. just my view jp
    I agreel John.
    A little tale.

I remember joining my first ship,a Bibby Line cargo vessel,this was in 1970. Apart from 4 white QM'S and the Chippie,all the rest were Indian crew.
    Each officer's cabin had a booklet entitled something like ' Working and Dealing with Native Indian Crews'-clearly a throwback to the 'good old days and this was despite the fact that we also had a few Indian,Sri Lankan and Burmese officers in the company.What they thought about that we can only guess. As cadets we were also expected to learn Hindustani,so that we could converse with the natives( only in an authoritative businesslike way I would presume,not in any social sense ! . How arrogant was that !-and that was in 1970 ! In actual fact I had more chance of understanding the Hindi or Urdu crew speaking their usually excellent English,than I did with my fellow Scousers,Geordies or Glaswegians......
    Seems like a lifetime ago now.
    Gulliver

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gulliver if you look back in history how did we make an empire{we stole best part of it} we came ashore in a jolly boat planted a flag and it was ours let alone dealt drugs to the far east from India our hands are far from clean but then that was then we are paying the price for it now? again just my view JP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default A part of the british empire dark past

Hi shipmates Hi John Pruden, you have a good point My wifes great great granddaddy was a slave ship Captain sailed out of {bristol} made a fortune out of drugs and black gold we have a medal to prove it off young queen Victoria

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Louis it's a pity we can't send in the gun boats anymore{we have got none}due to cutsjp

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8