Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Child Benefit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Child Benefit is encouraging immigrant families to breed and multiply, Child birth is a Growth Industry, it pays well.
    Just as Ghaddafi said a couple of years ago, "We do not have to fight the West, we will take over by our numbers."
    That is trueist words ever to come from the mouth of a Politician.
    Child Benefit should be for up to Two Children, If a couple or single girl wants more than that then they should pay for it themselves, if they cannot afford children then dont have any, or dont expect other people to pay for them. simple.
    When I see many of my neighbours from overseas with a corral full of kids, breeding every 12 months and even less, then I strongly object, It really is a Growth Industry, we are paying them to multiply and then take over.
    Also I dont like paying tax to help other peoples Sex Lives.
    There was a man in the Post Office, dressed in full Talban clothing collecting a huge wad of money, The Post Office man made a comment about the amount of money he was getting, The man said , "If you dont like it become a ******, I have three wives and twenty children and three houses"The Post Office man was going berserk,
    He said the man was on more than double his salary.
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 30th October 2012 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Child benefits

There was a woman on TV this morning bemoaning the fact that because her husband was on £65,000 per annum, she is going to lose £4700 in child benefits for her SIX children, an accountant felt sorry for her explaining with tax assessment etc she was probably poorer by £7,000 per annum.

My wife and I are sending her some help from our over generous State Pension

Gulliver Guest

Post Child Benefit.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    There was a woman on TV this morning bemoaning the fact that because her husband was on £65,000 per annum, she is going to lose £4700 in child benefits for her SIX children, an accountant felt sorry for her explaining with tax assessment etc she was probably poorer by £7,000 per annum.

My wife and I are sending her some help from our over generous State Pension

I think it disgusting that Child Benefit is paid to ANY family whose income is £40-£50,000,never mind £65,000. That goes for everyone,indigenous British, an immigrant or other.

It is clear that many parents are seeing it,not as a Child Benefit, to help feed and clothe their offspring but as a Bonus to help fund their (sometimes )extravagant lifestyles. As we know,a Bonus ,after being paid for a time soon becomes looked upon by the recipient as an Entitlement.. No wonder these parents are complaining then if they are going to lose it!

We’ve touched upon Child Benefit somewhere else in these forums,so nobody please tell me that I don’t know how much it costs a family with children to live on these days,because I do know.

And it is far less than the proposed £50,000 household income threshold that is bothering(even ‘frightening’ ) those who are vociferously complaining that they are now going to lose out.

Gulliver

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The money paid in child benifits to overseas claiments is over £36 million per anum. Stop it now.

John Albert Evans

john sutton Guest

prior to retiring i was in the financial services industry and we had many people who were investing their child benefit into baby bonds so their children would have a capital sum on reaching a certain age.
    these people obviously didnt need the money to maintain there living standards so the money had no real importance to them.
    I would like to say that they had more entitlement than some scrounger that had just arrived on our shores
    john sutton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My Parents didnt have child Benefit in the 30s when I was a lad, or any kind of other benefit, dole or allowances, they brought up five kids and the mills were shut due to the depression. We didnt go hungry,
    The man from the Parish would come in, and say, sell the wireless, and sell those chairs, No chairs for kids, we stood up at the table, only allowed two chairs for the parents. When he sold them, got next to nowt for them , then the man from the Parish would give him a few shillings when there was nothing left to sell. Sometimes in summer we played out in the street in bare feet to save the wear on the clogs.
    Then the war came and jobs came with it and a bit more money in the kitty. Dad did not smoke or drink, couldnt afford it. Looking back it did us no harm, it helped to mold us into the men we are today, self reliant.
    I have never been able to claim any benefits. because instead of blowing All my money on fags and booze, well just a bit of it, I invested in a MN Pension, and because I am being paid my own money and paying tax, I can get nothing off the State. All these immigrants are getting loads of money and have never contributed into the funds. They get more money than I do and because it is Benefit they do not pay tax on it.
    The guy next door has been on Benefits since he came to England seven years ago, He has a bad back, 40 years old and fitter than me, He has a big Mercedes in the driveway and another car for his wife. Am I being exploited??
    Today all I see is single girls puffing on fags and pushing prams.
    So is my tax paying for their fags??
    That is why I can get angry.
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 30th October 2012 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default True

A lot of what you say Brian hits a sore spot with a lot of us. We would all like to see the genuine citizens of the country get what they deserve in the way of sickness and disability benefits which they are honestly due to, but to see money which regardless of what anyone says does not belong to a bunch of poxy politicians give away to non citizens of their own country goes against the grain. Those of us brought up in the 30 40 and 50s learned the value of money worked for. A lot now think manual labour is a spaniard. There are a lot of our own people suffering through lack of money which is given away ad lib to satisfy the personal ambitions of a few of our so called leaders.What a dozy bunch they are. Cheers John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The memeber states of the EU are not the only ones doing this. We have similar problems here in Oz but at least to some extent our gov does means test some of the benifits. But back in July they paid out a sum of $800 per student to assist in paying for school purchases. Here all kids have to buy their own books etc. What happened, there was a sudden spike in the number of new TV's being bought.
    But as a memeber state of the EU and one of the richer ones you are required to help poor Ali to live the life style he never knew before he came to the Islamic republic of England, but is now accustomed to. LOL
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi All.
    And to think of all the hue and cry when the Communist Chinese Govt said couples can only have one child. Who has the most common sense in this day and age with shrinking resources.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Child Benefit.

As most of us on here (if not all) are no longer in reciept of CB what do our members think about the benefits to OAP's.Should the Bus Pass, free TV Licence and Heating Allowance plus the £10 Christmas Box be abolished????After all these are paid to all pensioners no matter what their status even to our Honourable Members of Parliament qualify if they are pensionable age.How many on here dont need it and think it should be means tested just like the Child Benefit????
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast