Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wages and Pensions

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jim , think you're reading me wrong. I've lived over here now for nearly 32 years BUT , have never taken Dutch nationality, still faithfully
    renew my British passport at the British head consulate in Amsterdam every 10 years , am British and proud of it.

That does not retract from my view that UK troubles began with ourselves and it's not correct to blame Brussels for everything.

Just back from a month touring round France with the caravan. Signs of economic stagnation are all around. One of the few areas
    where the UK did it's own thing was refusing to be part of the Euro zone and I think this will turn out to be a blessing for the UK.

Brian ; of course it';s not personal. Agree with most of what you say. Just because I live here dose'nt mean that I'm one of them ,
    and I don't even speak German and don't intend to learn, Also stand by my point of view re UK troubles were not caused by
    Brussels.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John, my argument re europe, is the way they have taken over our legal system, we cannot deport Terrorists because it is their Human rights.
    As regards our employment problems...
    In 1975 all the western countries including the UK signed up to the Lima Agreement and factories were closed down and the eqipment shipped overseas to India, China, Philipines, Thailand and so on.
    Work had to be spread around the world to the overpopulated third world.
    In Bolton, just one cotton town, 20,000 workers thrown out of work, this was in all the Lancashire towns, same as Yorshire. Steel works now owned by India and Thailand, Engineering works , closed in Bolton Horwich Loco Works, made locomotives for the world, many Bolton engineers served their apprenticeship there before going to sea. Closed, Germany now builds our trains, Italy now build out carriages, Ship building yards closed down. Harland and Wolf at Belfast got the contract to build the $800,000,000 Queen Mary 2, Tony Bliar , with ambitions to be President of Europe refused to finance them to get started on the first phase of the building so he gave the order to a bancrupt ship yard in France, Chantilliers St. Nazaire, to further his Political ambitions to be President of europe. St Nazaire has never stopped building ships since, 4000 skilled ship builders out of work in Belfast never to return. The list is endless.
    So that is my beef with europe. Our bent Politicians, Clegg and Milliband, confirmed europhiles, Cameron loves europe, He made a statement a few months ago, "I would welcome Turkey into the eu."
    What is he, some kind of Nut? Turkey is a ****** country, it borders on Iraq and Syria amongst others, All the Islamic Terrorists in the middle east, would get their Turkish Passports and would be pouring in by the million, and then making Syria look like a birthday party in Britain.
    "We aint seen nothin yet"
    Have a nice day, it may not last.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Last edited by Captain Kong; 19th October 2012 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see today that France and Germany are still at odds on how the financial system should be fixed. Then someone told me the war had ended, they must be joking!!!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Fixed " is the right word John .

It must have been obvious in Brussels that southern european countries like Greece and Spain etc. have a different culture , mindset and
    so forth than Northern Europeans. It must therefore have been obvious that their entry into a common monetery system was
    pretty sure to fail. But the obvious is not what Brussels is about.

For me , the bad guy is Barrosso - and guess which end of Europe he comes from !.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3