Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Police Elections

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Police Elections

Just reading what the role of the Police and Crime Commissioners aims are.Part of it is to reduce crime in the area what do they intend doing going out on the beat as some Robo Cop.I find that an insult to the Chief Constable,I would hope that the Chf/Cons priorities are todo just that and if the crime rate goes up in his area he be replaced.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

THIS IS.......Role of PCCs

The Police and Crime Commissioner will be responsible for holding the Chief Constable and police force to account on the public's behalf. The Police and Crime Commissioner will oversee how crime is tackled in their area and aim to make sure the police are providing a good service.

The Police and Crime Commissioner role includes:

meeting the public regularly to listen to their views on policing producing a police and crime plan setting out local policing priorities deciding how the budget will be spent appointing Chief Constables and dismissing them if needed.
    Police and Crime Commissioner elections
    On Thursday 15 November 2012 new elections are taking place in England and Wales (excluding London).

On this date you will be asked to choose a Police and Crime Commissioner for your local police force.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

if you ask the general public 9 out of 10 would tell you more cops on the streets heavier sentences for criminals deport foreign criminals after sentence why do we need someone to tell chief constables what to do that's there bloody job in the first place!!!!! another waste of tax payers dosh?jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Police Commissioner

An ideal candidate has appeared on the scene today, a policeman tasered a 61 year old blind man today when the officer mistook his white stick for a sword, so we need look no further our future is safe in his hands

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ivan just reading that on sky i think the cop should have the white stick? what if he had a pacemaker fitted it could have killed him.jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think this is a ploy by the politicians to get total control of the Police. The Police will then become a political football, doing things on the whim of whichever political party the commissioner belongs to. Their political impartiality will be gone forever and they will just be a tool of jumped up politicians who are not bothered to break the law themselves when they want to, expenses etc etc
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unfortunately every time the police are in the news these days it's because they've been caught out in one thing or another so perhaps there is a need for an independent person with a hands-on role so cock-ups and similar can get sorted quickly rather than dragging on until there is a public enquiry or whatever. Time after time police are called to give evidence and it doesn't stand up to scrutiny or their version of events is totally at odds with witnesses. Whether a commissioner is the answer I have no idea. It is always going to be a political position as very few have the electoral clout to win without a strong group behind them. The exception being some type of celebrity in another field but I'm sure you wouldn't fancy the likes of Mr Saville running round in a police car. Scary.

I must hold my hands up to being a little anti-police at the moment but that is due to my driving a van and being silly enough to want to be out after 2000hrs without being continually stopped for some non-existent reason so they can check if I am a builder who's stopped off in the pub for a few hours on the way home.

Regards
    Calvin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have just seen the man who was Tazered on TV News
    An old man with a white walking stick, The Blind Policeman thought he had a Samurai Sword. Nothing like one. The Policeman should have been Tazered to wake him up and take notice.
    I am glad most of our Policemen are not armed or the death toll would be terrible./ A few years ago a man was walikng home from a timber shop with a repaired table leg. The Police ran up and shot him dead. Thought he had a gun.
    They should all have eye tests before they are allowed to walk the streets.
    Where do they recruit these police from , the Taliban??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i have had many a late night run in with the police taking lads all over the country playing football it would often be after midnight when still with a car full to drop of at their homes and then the dreaded blue light i would pull over the police man would get out and then start swearing at the passenger side get out of the f.....g car now then comes the good part i get out of the drivers side and the cop just melts!!!!! first i ask who do you think you are why have we been pulled over all in my best voice sorry i saw a gang of lads with baseball caps in the car??? is it against the law to wear a baseball cap? totally lost for words he would try to think of something to change the subject then he would go over the car i would say are you looking for something to cover you puling me over!!!! then the killer i think we should have an inspector here to apologise to the lads for the approach and inflammatory language you used on my passengers that dos the trick the cop would wash the car if i asked just to get himself out of the s...e this has happened many times over the years in many parts of the country.jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The council rates as it stands at the moment is levied on Businesses/ householders etc. with precept for the police and Fire Brigade. So we pay seperately for the police at the moment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast