Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: lucky

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I survived,
    in all my years I have had two broken legs, two broken ankles, a broken thumb, five broken ribs, a broken arm, a broken collar bone, a fractured skull and over 100 stitches.
    five operations, and two thingies, I wonder how fit I would be today if I had never had an accident.
    I have an operation pending for my gall bladder removal, under protest at the moment, got to see the Surgeon at 3 pm tomorrow Saturday in his Clinic to discuss it, and an Orthopaedic Surgeon on November 30 for a pending operation on my knee that I injured on the old Queen Mary this year while trying to get on my bed the fifth time it came round.
    Apart from all that I am Fit. apart from the blood pressure and the tablets. in my 78th year.
    One day I will observe the `Code for Safe Working Practices`
    Cheers
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 5th October 2012 at 09:17 PM.

Tony Morcom Guest

I dare say the two thingies have come in really useful from time to time Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Lucky

At our age thething is to keep active the best thing i did was getting the laptop it keeps the brain active also having a big vegetable and flower garden i like to spend time in the garden .I also take a interest in most sports

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Red face lucky

compared to some of you guys out there i am a youngster. (74). But yes we are lucky if we wake up each morning to tackle any chore given to us by her. or something we happen to remember we had to do some time ago. leaving home at sixteen, sailing around the world, doing all the things that could be deemed detremental to your health. The youth of today have no sense of adventure or direction, unless it's given to them. I remember when i was working as a police officer in a small ontario town, (4500 people) i would see these young kids of 17 18 on the pool room corner, day in and day out. This is my life man, they would say. never been further than 100 miles in any direction. Now and again one or two would disappear for a year or so, turns out they went west to alberta during the boom. It was surprising to see change in these kids, matured to some degree, motivated somewhat, all because they had to stand alone and make their own way. Looking back over the years I figure I have been blessed with a life lived full and apart from a few set backs health wise, am able to still scare my partner and my kids at some of the things I try to do and get away with/
    regards, stan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2