Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FERAL TIMES

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default FERAL TIMES

Here in Oz it is school holiday time, end of Winter, start of Spring. No doubt for many parents it can be a trying time, not half as trying for those of us who just want to do some serious shopping.
    Go to any shopping centre at school holiday times and see all hell let loose. Many of the centres put on entertainment for the kids, and that is good, but why do parents think that their kids should be the entertainment of the day for others?
    There are the mothers at the coffee bars with a Latte, while their kids are let loose to run like some form of feral virus. They create havoc for the various store owners, running around turning stall over and generaly making a nuisance of themselves.
    No manners, will not move for anyone, you are expected to get out of there way.
    Then the screams of anguish. There I was looking in a shop window when something bumped into me. A young girl of maybe 8 or 9, so busy with a text message she did not see me and walked into me. Dopped her phone which split into a number of pieces, looked at me as if I was something from outer space, before picking up the bits and running off screaming.
    As I see it we have a choice, put up with this sort of encounter for two weeks, or stock up on groceries and stay at home until they go back to school.
    How do you guys cope with it in UK, or is it just an Oz encounter?
    Here endeth my rant for the day.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here John we have a plauge , I am all for security , but we have a virus spreading , Uniformosus bigideaius , we have parking attendants who clamp and tow away cars after a few minmutes , my daughter stopped in a mother and child parking bay in an ASDA supermarket , to pick up her child and got a ticket because she did not have a child in teh car when she parked . My grandson was stopped by a security guard in LIDLS and mde to empty his pockets by another uniformed idiot who after searching him found nothing and never even apologised . We are CCTV camera covered everywhere , schools even have them in changing rooms , If the security guards dont get you the clampers will , our lives have bought George Orwell's book 1984 to life
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Know exactly what you are on about but we have learnt never to go shopping on a Thursday all year round. Same things but minus the mobile phone's but replace them with those bloody mobile chairs. Pension day is not a pretty sight in shopping centres. Not to mention the rush they to get the subby parking bays. Yes we stock up about four weeks before Xmas because you get the double wammy. The worst time is if you see the olds with the grand kids, then forget going there.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Gulliver Guest

Default Half Term Blues/Feral Times,and Kidspeak...

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Here in Oz it is school holiday time, end of Winter, start of Spring. No doubt for many parents it can be a trying time, not half as trying for those of us who just want to do some serious shopping.
    Go to any shopping centre at school holiday times and see all hell let loose.
    How do you guys cope with it in UK, or is it just an Oz encounter?.
    Come on John.this is the U.K. We can’t afford kids,the smog and rain are not conducive to their health,nor our high murder and crime rates conducive to their well-being, and if they dropped their mobile phones onto our cobbled terraced streets (not that we can afford to buy them mobile phones)they would certainly smash,or at least get covered in horse muck.
    The only kids you see on our streets are dressed in non-designer rags and selling matches. There are far many more kids, than you can see but they exist on paper only,and enable their poor unmarried mothers to claim unimaginable kinds of benefits.Many parents are urged to open kid’s bank accounts if they can…the most popular preferred one is one for the Food Bank
    Noticeable though that the only well-behaved kids these days are found in towns like Boltonstan, wearing hijabs and burqas ?- so perhaps their faith embraces an ethos of '’ kids should be neither heard…nor seen for that matter.’ ! 'Their culture ,in bringing up well-behaved kids must be doing something right,then….

So,you see we don’t have problems with unruly kids in the U.K. I would suspect it is purely an Oz phenomenon.

All the Best, m6-(sorry,I think I mean m8 -as the kids always use in text these days -it's one of the motorways,anyway.)
    A lot of them now also say "Soz !-when they bump into you.I think it possibly means Sorry !-but I'm really not sure as my mate Cliff down 'Ye Olde Faggot & Firkin' thinks it's a reference by the kids to him being permanently sozzled ... I hate the word- do you know I happened to have the TV audio subtitles on screen the other day(not that I need it by the way-it's just that I have issues with a blocked earhole) and the word on screen actually translated it as what was actually said by a person i.e. "Soz! " (Tut !-it makes my 1968 GCE O -Level in English Language look so worthless now)..

PS William Roache (Ken Barlow of Coronation Street) reckons the world is going to end on December 12th...

Gulliver Coffee & News.gif

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Children are children

Hi Shipmates, Children and shopping? Do you mean the small size humans ,who some times make a noise, run around and scream in Tesco? Do we still have any of the local type of feral kids . Most of the Children in the U.K are very clever they all speak Urdu, and go to the local maddress to read the Koran after school never any trouble with them, dont play games in the street , or mix with non ******s or do any sports {not allowed} unless its appove by the mosque? The Children are never rude to anyone young or old like me. But one young boy 9yr did not want to go to the local mosque, to read the koran so his parents pour petrol over him a set him alight No probelm with him after that ? only life imprisonment for the parents.

Tony Morcom Guest

Wink Scary Daze John in Oz

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Dopped her phone which split into a number of pieces, looked at me as if I was something from outer space, before picking up the bits and running off screaming.
    You must look really scary John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Feral Times

Yes shopping in the school holidays can be a bit of a problem .One time a few months ago a young guy on a skate board came towards me (its iillegal to be on the footpath) my wife and i kept on walking and the guy was dead in line with me and as he got by me i pushed him off the board he got up and came towards me mouthing off some foul language so i told him get lost i thought he was going to have a go at me and i was ready but he took off

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is good to know we are not alone here in Oz. But as there are now only 87 sleeps until the guy in the red suit appears it will only get worse. We have parking spots for cars with babies, as well as the usual disabled parking spots. Parking is free, though there are a couple of shopping centre that do charge, but the parents with kids parking causes all manner of problems. Saw a guy park there one day with out any kids, when questiuoned by a lady said he was going to collect his grand kids. He looked all of 30 and when challenged again it said it was reverse discrimination telling th elady if they are fit enough to push them around then they are fit enough to walk abit further to park.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There I was quiet ignorant of the fact that there where only 87 sleeps until we can relax. What my thoughts are about you now John would not only get me kicked of the site but the whole world wide web. Thanks mate. Will do the usual presents again this year for them all. Cash. Not those fecking gift vouchers either just plain hard currency that can be spent where ever they want to. My problem is sitting in the chair reading at the moment and once she gets into Christmas spirit it is food shopping because she has to have enough food to feed the whole fecking street the amount she gets. Who else has a sheriff that thinks that there will be a famine because the shops shut for a day or so.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

liverpool's dock road is UNADOPTED {what ever that means} double yellow lines but you can park if you have the blue badge{disabled parking} anyway this clown took a photo but on an angle that you could not see the badge i caught him at it i rang the cops there is always a cop car on the dock rd so he was there in seconds i reported what had happened i never even unlocked the car the cop looked at it went away and brought the warden back he knew that he was bang to rights? that's when i kicked of i asked the cop this rd is unadopted ? i don't know? well there is a sign down the rd saying so? i said well i will tell you what i will do i will adopt the rd know take your ticket stick it up your a.se and take your f......g yellow lines of my rd the two of them were speechless i drove away never heard anything about the ticket again?jp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast