Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: fighting for one's country

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default fighting for one's country

B.B.C. o800 news this morning. When the Taliban attacked Camp Bastion the other day, Prince Harry was whisked away out of harms way and hidden in a cupboard and looked after by armed guards till the threat of him being hurt had passed. Question--is this the guy who couldn't wait to get back to Afghanistan to do his bit for Queen and country by shooting and killing the enemy?? This must now imply that him being out there is a complete farce and a waste of money if he's going to be put in a cupboard each time the enemy approaches. Perhaps though, the authorities will now adopt a similar policy for all our troops who are laying down their lives, and perhaps get NATO or some other foriegn troops to guard them whilst hiding in a cupboard. Some-how I don't think for one second any of our brave men would want to be mollycoddled in this way. In view of these revelations about Harry, the best thing the authorities could do is to put him on a plane back to the U.K. But they won't do that. He will come back at the end of his tour of duty, resplendent in his best uniform with medals from his elbow to his ****, and telling all that 'I WAS THERE'.

Colin.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

sounds as if your a trifle biased against harry
    perhaps you wish you were as lucky with the birds
    if that is your inclination regards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Colin,
    I dont think he has any say in what he does, He is told what to do. The problem is the BBC told the world he was there, you never ever tell your enemy about your troop movements, or who is there, the same day I watched the Al Jazeera TV News and they already knew, they had a Taliban chief on saying he was their Prime Target.
    Because the BBC also told the Talban where he was located, Camp Bastion, and exactly what kind of helicopter he was going to fly, the Taliban know where to find him. So the base is attacked ,eight Harrier planes destroyed many others damaged and hangers blown up. the damage goes into a billion pounds and two US soldiers killed and many others including British soldiers injured.
    Now I would say that the BBC and members of the MoD should be charged with supplying information to the Enemy. In wartime a charge that could be punishable by Death.
    Because the Taliban have been told by MoD and the BBC , it also puts other Service men and womens lives at risk.
    Last time he was there for four months and no one knew until the Daily Mirror reported it, so he had to be withdrawn.
    My Nephew, a Captain in the Royal Artillary is about to go to Afghanistan for his third tour, of around seven months. The MoD and the BBC do not inform the Talban every time he goes.
    I spoke to him last week, he is not worried that Harry is there but is concerned that the BBC and MoD are giving information to the Enemy.
    If anyone wants to go to Afghanistaan there are many civilian jobs requiring volunteers. paying BIG money.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default no way mo or Ali

Hi shipmates All the terrorist would love to kill "harry" they would become heroes' and famous in the ****** world, But no royals are allowed near any fighting zone in war or not , the queen put this in place years ago because of Lord montbatten ,if anything happen to "Harry in his service dutys many heads would roll" everyone knows that !!! But what has gone wrong with the new Royals? Kates topless pictures are on line , and a story about a royal sex tape? Whats next?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cool Prince Harry

Hi There.
    At least he is there,and dont forget that he volunteered
    to go there,and he still stands to be killed the same as the
    next man,so PLEASE leave the guy alone.
    Dave Williams.
    PS...He didnt chose to pick his birth,just like
    you and me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi shipmates All the terrorist would love to kill "harry" they would become heroes' and famous in the ****** world, But no royals are allowed near any fighting zone in war or not , the queen put this in place years ago because of Lord montbatten ,if anything happen to "Harry in his service dutys many heads would roll" everyone knows that !!! But what has gone wrong with the new Royals? Kates topless pictures are on line , and a story about a royal sex tape? Whats next? LOUIS.
    . Hi Louis, I would say that anywhere in Afganistan including Camp Bastion, is a Fighting zone. Bastion has been attacked many times, and many Servicemen killed there.
    and Lord Mountbatten was not in a fighting zone, just on his fishing boat with his family when the IRA had planted a bomb on his boat. There were many IRA attacks in England, Birmingham ,Manchester Guildford, up on the Penines in buses, London, etc etc but I wouldnt call England a fighting zone..
    .Regarding photos of a topless Royal. If I hid in the woods behind my house and was caught taking photos of my topless neighbour in her garden, I would be charged as a Pervert. Why are professional Photographers not charge with being Perverts?
    Cheers Brian.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Llynges Frenhinol Gymreig:

Prince Henry (Harry) of Wales would be perfectly welcome in our Llynges Frenhinol Gymreig - Royal Welsh Navy (Welsh History Post Glyndwr)

The Llynges Frenhiniol Gymreig (Royal Welsh Navy - RWN) is the Maritime Arm of the Welsh Armed Forces. It consists of a full complement of vessels from Aircraft Carriers, through to Patrol Craft and a large diesel electric submarine flotilla.

LINK 1: Llynges Frenhinol Gymreig - Royal Welsh Navy (Welsh History Post Glyndwr) - Alternative History

LINK 2: http://www.merchant-navy.net/forum/s...elsh-navy.html

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why should Harry be Different to other Royals before him. His Great Grandfather fought in the Battle of Jutland as a mid-shipman, his uncle Andrew flew Helicopters in the Faulklands war. Mined that said the Government should be tryed for treason, for having allowed the information to be leaked, and made to pay heavy compensation for every British service man lost while Harry is on tour, and out of there, own pockets.
    George
    in Southampton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Harry`s grandad , Prince Philip was in the RN in the Malta convoys, they were tough ones.
    His Dad`s Uncle, Mountbatten was in WW2 and sunk on one ship.
    So he should have been treated as a normal Service man. The MoD and BBC do not broadcast the name of every Serviceman and woman who is sent to Afghanistan so why did they tell the Talban Commanders he was going to Bastion if not to cause trouble.
    As I said before My nephew is going soon but he hopes the BBC and the MoD do not tell the Taliban Commanders where he will be.
    The BBC can be a very evil organisation at times , they did it in the Falklands war when they told the Argentinos their fuses were set for the wrong altitude when they bombed our ships, the Argentino Air Force said Thank you BBC, changed the settings on the fuses and Voila, our ships were sunk and a hell of a lot of our men were killed.
    I despair at these Quizlings in our government, MoD and BBC..
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

FIGHTING FOR ONES COUNTRY this country does not belong to us anymore we are told to do everything by strangers we have fought throughout the past history of great Britain{we can't make our own decisions any more} is the middle east a direct threat to us? we could boot all non British out shut up shop freeze assets and shut up shop to foreigners and look after ourselves like we have always done we don't need the EU in any shape or form we dole millions every week for the privilege of our heritage being slowly taken away from us. we are getting battered with taxes to pay to bail out non producers in Europe about time we woke up to this? just my view JP

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast