Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: C.V.s and Political Correctness

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default C.V.s and Political Correctness

It used to be the following information was on a C.V. when applying for a Job. What info. is the Employer now lawfully and legally entitled to have.
    Name.......
    D.O.B.......
    Marital Status.............
    Nationality..................
    Parents Nationality.......................
    Name of Spouse............................
    Names/Age children.......................
    Religion.......................................
    Where born....................................
    N.H.I. No........................................
    Previous work experience..................................
    Please supply current recent photo head and shoulders...................... Cheers John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Name rank and serial number is about it now.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default C V's and P C's

Chile used to have a good immigration system in the 1980's had to travel there a few times on business (it was like going home as an ex PSNC man, as hadn't changed much from the 1950's then ). When applying for a visa everyone was told oh! from the UK or USA (plus a few others) you don't need one. Upon arrival in Chile it was always "Where's your Visa" if you were Caucasian you got one, if you were not, you didn't. Seemed to work beautifully from their point of view.

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default CV,s

About 15 Years ago my Wife applied for a position as a check out operator with ASDA, You would not believe the Personal information that they expected, *a real invasion of Privacy, *questions* with no relevance at all to the position applied for or your *your capablities to do it, was more like being Physco Analised, *there were pages and pages, should be illegal to pry like that.
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Soft touch that job

Hi shipmates Why no finger prints, for photo I.D.and blood group for accidents and D.N.A. profile, very important for insurance companys , and what prisons' you been too if any? and How much money you owe to the banks or other debts ? and how much do you driink in a week? also police check for any sex crime if dealing with members of the public or certain groups, { No Check no pass no job rule} all can be asked at interview for a job today , I was asked for my views on gays, and ethnics, and disable people in one interview and questions about the news????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Louis

What you mention on what you were asked is exactly the sort of C.V. every politician should have to submit to the General Public. We have a right to know this as we are going to employ them, they hope. As it stands they know more about us than we do them. Cheers John Sabourn.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For years there has been an attempt to bring in a national identity card here in Oz. On it would be all the info of the person, tax, medicare etc. But no, thre civil libetarians are against it saying it infringes on peoples privacy. With noting to hide I have no problem with it, the medical side has great beifits, taken ill a doc can at once see your history by a simple scan, might save a life! It will also root out the sick birds in society and stop some of the rorts that take place.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

leratty Guest

Default CV's & PC

Did we worry about B.A. passports way back when, no even though some of the info was incorrect. Here we have both HK ID & Chinese ID all photo with I suggest every bit of info on you. We have only ever had to produce it for of all things cable TV, cell ph, water-elec-gas etc a/c's & Dr-dentist when first going there. Oh in & out of HK-China is a breeze, you just swipe, put your thumb down & off you go none of that crap in Aus-US-UK when entering or leaving. Why can they not do this the Richard Craniums one muses?
    CV's you should see the detail we get when seeking staff, amazing with qualifications up the Ying Yang. Oh & none with Batch-Master Arts, or other inane degrees. OK now for the diatribe but really a degree in fashion, marketing of jewellery & or same design, physical education, catering & that is just some of our friends children telling us either what they are doing at uni, or have completed. Laughably some working in bars in HK now days living with Dad & Mum, wonder why? They should be booted back to home country & get a job at whatever learn what life is all about? Did they go to uni on those course just to avoid getting into the workforce, or was it parents pretensions to see & be able to say their child got into uni...hmm?
    Richard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default CVsand Political Correctness

When my wife died i got some papers from the Work and Income department about pensions and if i wanted to apply for home help when i read the form the information they wanted was something to behold so just did not bother to answer

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Very sad Lou, they let you think you can get help.then make it virtually impossible to get it, when i first was disabled and got my benefit, i was told if my condition worsens to let them know, well it did worsen dramatically, i re applied for help, was told i was too old, and refused extra help,twice i tried with same result. anyway Lou i hope things improve for you, , you should get the help you deserve, maybe someone can help you with the application form, ? dont give up Lou, You of all people with what you have experienced deserve any help available. dont be beaten. Tony W.

Tony Wilding

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast