Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: C.V.s and Political Correctness

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bit in the news here today about the making of footballs. The company who makes them outsourced it to India. We now know the young kids of 10 or 11 years of age were being paid about 12cents per ball to stitch them up, methinks the kids have also been stitched up. Anyway there was such an outcry by the public here that the company has had to go to another company to get them made, with the proiviso that no kids be employed for the task.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

MR CAMERON the quote of the week {we have a moral obligation} to give aid to foreign countries????? what dos he know about morals and has he not got obligations to this bloody land and the people that give him his job?jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

At one time if you used teh Government Jobcentre for recruitment , they would never vet potential applicants , so you got really unsuitable people that you would have screened out , and you got people who were told if they did not go to three interviews they would be off the dole . I had a job going as boiler attendant and had two graduates , bith long term unemployed apply , a couple of ex Royal Navy CPOs who used their dole to eak out their pension , and one guy who was spaced out totally . I used to ask , "why do you want this job " , and one stock answer was , well , er , I have to get so many interviews , or well er , I dunno ! , i ued to spend no more than 5 minutes deciding they were unsuitable and signing their jobcentre form and sending them on their way , I got a huge bollocking from the HR manager for not giving each candidate at least 20 minutes , the potential ones used to get that and more , but in the politically correct world we were not allowed to tell a waste of time that they were a waste of time
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a florist in the town where I live which I use every week, the female owner is a bit of a whacko but nice with it if you treat her nice. Has a notice on the door,
    No I do not have any jobs, No I will not sign your work search form, go and find a real job.
    So far no one has complained she tells me.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Back handers make the wheels turn

Hi shipmates Mr Cameron is like tesco and the other supermarkets he gives out free vouches {our tax money? to the so called poor countries who need goods many types, but wont pay for them {All money in swiss bank accounts} the retirement fund for they familys Africa ,Asian , Middle east, this has been happening for years, But the money must be spent in the U.K.? The probelm is not the giving its never get spent in the U.K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A few years ago we gave India 5 Billion, they then spent it buying Russian Submarines.
    Russia Five Bil. UK Nil.
    Pollies Never learn.
    Brian.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3