Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: C.V.s and Political Correctness

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here in Oz we also hear of some terrible happenings regarding help. But there are also some who you wonder why or how they got it. Mainly because they know the right person to put a good word in, local coucillor, or MP. Same with the blue disabled badges for the car. If you have a sympathetic doctor it is easy to get one. Not what you know, rather who you know.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default jobs are not easy to come by today

Hi Shipmates, One of My sons job interview last year for house-hold name company Alll types of questions personal , medical, and all work history from leaveing school and university hobbies pastimes e.t.c. The Interview over 3 days all types of tests' team work e.t.c then 1 week on the job training (no pay} 30 people on interveiw all ages from 18yr to 64yrs for a job 4 people only were at the end for final interview , in front of a panel of 4 people ? my son passed and one other? result on probation for 6 months on the job working with pay , before you have The job !!!! the reason why many unemployed people dont get jobs the interview and stress? This is now the normal way to interview people for big companys. ? a form of torture ?Not like in the olden days ? Going to sea down the pool, if you did not get a telegram to ship out next day you were home. How things have changed ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default C.V.s and Political Correctness.

A place I once worked a young lady applied for a job and was given an application form.Q.Sex. 3 times.was the answer she put to that.
    John Cleese made some wonderful training videos,very cleverly done.In my job I used to recruit and interview,one seminar I went on we had the J Cleese video on conducting an interview it was hilarious,the questions he was asking had absolutely nothing todo with the job.There are some clips of the traing videos on You Tube.Whilst looking for them I came across Monty Python A siily Job Interview worth a look for a laugh also many others.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

if we are so worried about cv's why are there so many from the EU here taking all the jobs our people should have?

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Every time there is a Depression and Mass Unemployment these Companies do this, really make you squirm , in 1991 was my first time unemployed, job center a waste of time, had jobs there but was told i had to be out of work 6 months befor i could apply for them, bloody crazy, found a job advertised for a cleaner at Manston Aerodrome, went for interview, two toffee nosed twits interviewed me, asked the most stupid questions, had seen my CV, WAS TOLD THEY WOULD CONTACT ME, WAS SHORT LISTED FOR A SECOND INTERVIEW, FOR A CLEANERS JOB ,! GOT A LETTER TO GO BACK, WHICH I DID, MORE STUPID QUESTIONS BY THE SAME TWO IDIOTS, COULD FEEL MY BLOOD START TO BOIL, FINAL QUESTION WAS ,, I PRESUME YOU KNOW HOW TO PUSH A BROOM, ! THAT DID IT, I JUST BLEW UP, TOLD THEM TO GET ME A BROOM AND I WOULD PUSH IT UP THERE BACKSIDES BROOMHEAD FIRST, AND WALKED OUT, THE NEXT WEEK I FOUND A JOB AS SECURITY IN RAMSGATE HARBOUR.
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Of course many companies do not do their own interviewing now, they use an agency to sort them out and maybe see only the top three from which they choose.
    But from experience I have found there are wasy around asking questions which are considerde to be out of bounds.
    Ask a female if there are any incumberances that may preclude her from getting her to work on time and she will tell you the kids are sometimes a problem. If however you had asked her how many kids she had that would not be allowed.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN PRUDEN View Post
    if we are so worried about cv's why are there so many from the EU here taking all the jobs our people should have?
    Don't know about the UK John but in Ireland the reason was because the "EU" persons did actually work for the wages they got. Outrageous behaviour.
    Bob Hollis

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default times are hard for many

Hi shipmates ,today in the U.K.jobs market the boot, is on the other foot { The Buddy can you spare a dime days} are here again for many young workers???? unless you are very skilled in some jobs, but now very few and far between? if you are "Big Joy" no interview? needed { The Headhunters will find you} Many E.U workers take low -end unskilled jobs dont spend a penny, or pay any rent, or pay tax if possible? and go back to eastern europe with the cash worth more there, Happens every day. I am very lucky all my children have good jobs pay full U.K. tax ,not low -end unskilled.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

British worker. mortgage to pay income tax to pay council tax to pay pension to pay!!!! EU worker{most anyway} no council tax mortgage income tax national insurance {stamp} most live in bedsit land by a gang master with food thrown in for about £150.00 per week so the difference between the workers are about £300.00 per week cheaper to hire EU labour? but the British worker is kept on the dole poss ably for years before a job comes along were he can actually live? i do know what i am talking about because i worked for enough landlords converting houses into accommodation for them plus the fact two of my sons are proper time served tradesmen in the building trade and are picking up the scraps finishing of some of the shoddy workmanship? all my sons are not frightened to get their hands dirty to feed their families.jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Lous the Amigo.
    I think that should be the Golden Days not the olden days.
    Cheers Des

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast