Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Work hard lads

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Rich Aussie stole it from the tribes people

Hi Shipmates, The world-wide union movement came into our lifes not because some left winger or trouble maker wanting to cause the rich lords and masters probelms? but to help workers get free from the company store/ and child labour/ and life long poverty for workers. The power has sadly gone back to the bosses' in the western world because any union today who dares' to stand up for any rights or better conditions or more pay, is soon put back into line by the media/ and hundreds of unfair laws brough in by governments and used by they in the pocket judges ,so the unions today have very little funds to fight so allways get a good kicking in court and membership of any trade union in any work place means no promotion !!! ,and first out the door if any short-time working or down-sideing happens in any sector The trade unions have had they day in the U.K. ??? untill people start to see whats happen to all they hard won rights Ref Aussie woman silver spoon job, she has no idea whats it like for honest hardworking people to look after a family on her wages I bet she spends more on her under-wear that many of her workers earn in a month/year. We have many like that in the U.K. Mega rich people who thing nothing of spending £1000 on a lunch time dinner, but getaway with paying min tax??? who pay they worker min poverty wage and tell them to work longer hours with no extra pay,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Post 10

Ref. post 10 from Neville. Obviously you living in the States will have more info. than me regarding work ethics. Everyone thinks that the states is the land of milk and honey. I found that working for American owners they wanted their pound of flesh, if you didnt perform you were out, the money was fair and the conditions were good. However what I saw of shore workers most had at least 2 jobs,a day job, and an evening one usually working in a bar or resteraunt. However people were happy with their lot and they do have a fantastic country. The idea out here in certain industrys is that they expect too much money for too little returns. You saw this in the UK when the unions used to try and hold the country to ransom. It doesnt work like that anymore, the old adage a fair days work for a fair days pay should still be the outriding claim. To most normal working people they still stick by this. Cheers John Sabourn

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default For cunard:

Whatever, I have done or not, can admit not for this company, but in London SPEAK, Have worked 4 Cunard.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Roger thank you for your comments, they did reflect the current situation here in Oz. From what I hear such actions are now taking place in all Liberal held states, a threat to the gov of the day in those states, including here in VIc nurses, teachers and public servants all wanting more, but mainly trying to turn the people against the dult elected gov of the day.
    As to the basic wage, no I agree that many are struggling on low money, but there is the other side to this argument. Here in Melbourne the other week a Thai company came in and made an offer for a motor parts manufacturing company that is in trouble. They want to take the business to Thailand where wages are equivalent of $1.12 per hour. The company has been tempted as they currently pay about $20 per hour which actualy costs them with oncosts, super, work cover etc $26 per hour.
    But a the same time trying to tax businesses to the hilt as the current feds want to do is not the answer. These companies such as the iron ore provide thosands of jobs and bring in good revenue for gov. Tax the too highly and you will kill the golden goose.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unhappy Work Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post
    Whatever, I have done or not, can admit not for this company, but in London SPEAK, Have worked 4 Cunard.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Want a little wager that if the Thai company manufactures the parts overseas paying $1.12 per hour that the parts will still cost the same here. Just look at the hospitality industry. They pay there workers about the same as $1.12 per hour yet when booking into the hotel you will be paying the same as Oz or even more per night and expected to tip the workers because of there poor wages. Lets look at the whole picture before putting the boot into unions and workers rights. To read what some put on this site would tend one to think that they are really up themselves and forgotten how they have got what they have now through the sweat of past unionist.

I wonder if the site in question in Melb is shut down because of the weekend and as nearly everyone gets one RDO a month and it falls on that Mon why the hell would they picket a site that is closed or are the scabs working it over the weekend on flat pay.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Yugoslavia

The only country which I have ever visited where the people held their past leader with reverence was yugoslavia before it came to the disasterous end which it did after he died. What I could gather from the people was that although he was a communist, his form of communism worked as much so as he also kept the Russians out. His communism was tempered with a bit of free trade, Business people could employ 12 workers unless they had a special dlispensation. The country what I saw of it was still booming after he died. I was there on holiday. However it ever came to the disasterous end it did I fail to understand. He must have been the odd example where a Dictatorship did work to the benefit of the country. Cheers John Sabourn.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Ivan, 4cunard, run the two together, regards KT

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Still Working for Cunard:

Still Working for Cunard:

Just a pun on the unfortunate name of the company, I have never worked for them, but every day work 4 Cunard ?

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Work hard

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post
    Still Working for Cunard:

Just a pun on the unfortunate name of the company, I have never worked for them, but every day work 4 Cunard ?

K.
    I am indebted to the two Keiths, must wake up before reading next time

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast