Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: sun rise/ set

john sutton Guest

keith
    at that time I had a Cygnus 32 trawler yatch built by bryce waterhouse solid as a rock.built for long range cruising twin thornycroft engines .Made it from newlyn to Bayonne ,spain on one tank of fuel and some left over.Wrote an article for motor boat and yatching in may 90(i think.could have been 91).Also crewed a westerly 41 for a pal down to Gib.
    Had several boats both sailing and motor but gave up about 5 years ago as the coastline down here is boring and basicly you have to cruise marina to marina.
    havnt missed it
    john sutton
    ps check my photo gallery for pics of some boats i,ve ownd but not a full pic of the cygnus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks John,
    Sounds an interesting boat, mine westerly centaur, Magyar, sailed a lot semi professional on a Contessa 32, used to take kids away for a sailing school, soon found i was good with good kids, but not bad kids, so gave it up regards Keith

john sutton Guest

always fancied a magyar but in those days was ouit of my reach(1970ish)the westerly I crewed was an oceanlord i think it was sail number 10 brand new and the owner put it in gib to charter
    john sutton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Dawn or sunrise or sunset its all good

Hi Shipmates, Hi Doc Vernon Your first picture takes me back to the 1960s every thing look like that to me back then ? must have been all the stuff that we took loads of new age crap ? was around at that time a lot stronger and with more buzz than today . The other two are real works of art, what a lovely place!!!! But how can any one capture on film the feeling of dawn on an empty sea?

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default sunrise/ sunsets

Both my favourite times to be on deck. *especially around the Equator. really impessive to see, * to see the night sky still alive with many stars turning blue and the glow of the Sun below the Horizon, Fantastic,! *then watch the huge ball of fire rise rapidly, thats why the 4/8 was my favourite watch, *never tired of that . regarding boats , have never owned a yacht but crewed on many, preferred the big cruising yachts, sailing is so peaceful, my boats were used for fishing, including fishing parties with the bigger one i owned, an ex Prince Line * * Motor Lifeboat 30 feet long, had a Thorneycroft Engine. next was a 27 Foot ex RN Motor Whaleboat, *had a Dorman diesel engine, another double ender, better in following seas. many others from open launches to cabin cruisers, eventually Marina Fees killed it, on a pension , *now because of arthritus in hands and leg its impossible. my last boat was GRP 22 Foot cabin cruiser , easy *to upkeep but did not have same feel as a wooden boat.*
    Tony Wilding

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3