Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Petrol Rip Off

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default neville

many years ago they used too say that when the government needs money it was .raise taxes on petrol , booze and cigarettes . so with all the money they lose on lack of smokers .they have too make up on the other sins . have you ever stood behind a bus when taking off .cough cough .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wilding View Post
    No point in complaining, nothing ever happens, the motorist is the Goose that lays the golden egg, Fuel Duty, Road Tax, soon road Tolls, Fuel Duty going up again after Christmas, never goes down, could have had cheap fuel and gas if not all sold off, the money we use to buy fuel has allready been taxed, a member on this site signs off by saying , i quote, A NATION OF SHEEP BEGETS A GOVERMENT OF WOLVES, am afraid thats what we are, Cameron and Co only know how to take, never give. and they get better at it all the time. road tax was for for road maintainance, only about a third is spent on that, the rest disappears, dont know what the answer is, they are trying to invent a reliable electric car with long range, if they do and the goverment lose tax on fuel, they will tax the electricity u use in the car, so we cant win.
    Very true Tony, but there is something that can be done, but few whant to do it. First and formost get the three main Political Parties Voted out of Parliment. Secondly if we all said we would use puplic transport and leave our cars at home, it would cause a vertual holt to Buisness, and then watch the government come under real preasure. Sadly the British People have been split and concherd since 1948, and no longer have the heart to work together.
    George
    in Southampton

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default petrol rip off

The problem is getting a strong defense, would need millions of people to join together. that would never happen, am afraid we are up a Creek without a Paddle.slowly the UK is Bankrupting itself, no work, too many Europeans coming here, and others, too many people chasing too few jobs, but thats OK, Foreign Aid goes on.Billions of Pounds.
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

radical change needed
    Unfortunately nothing will ever change until the general public wake up to the fact that only a completely radical change in government at the next election needs to be voted in. Whether Cons, Labour or lib Dems get in next time it will still be the same. None of them have come up with any answers or solutions. Labour proved they are incapable as the last government and the cons are doing exactly the same this time round with a little dubious help from their coalition partners. The country needs radical reforms as do so many others. The problem is though that it will never happen unless voting becomes compulsory and everyone actually puts their cross on the ballot papers. Anyone who thinks that it will be any different in 5 years time is just plain naive in my humble opinion. TONY

Tony,
    the big problem with voting in the UK, is the sheep method..............
    "I vote labour cos me Dad voted Labour and his Dad before him.
    or I vote Conservative because our family have always voted Conservative.
    so it doesnt matter who you put up against them, people are like the sheep and vote as they always done.
    So you vote out one Bad Government and Vote in another Bad Government, No different than a Dictatorship,
    So one day someone will invade us and give us Democracy.
    cheers
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 21st August 2012 at 01:59 PM.

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default petrol rip off

The problem is once in power they change the predicted course, break all pre election promises, too late then to change things, its like being told by the pool its a 3 month trip, then after you sail you find its 9 months. too late then. they all go there own way, they are not of our world, we arejust the idiots who have to keep paying more taxes for there bird brained ideas. if they can afford to give billions in aid then they can afford to reduce taxes. Cameron likes to look big in Foreigners eyes, Indias Economy is stronger than ours,and we help them , ? cant imagine them helping us.
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One way that will help is easy.
    But british people being british will not do this.
    Just boycot one petrol company for a month and the price will soon come down.
    As one of my old workmates said. " It won't be cheaper as I will still have to put my £30 in"
    With people like that how can you win.
    As you say Cars and drink are easy cash cows.
    Ron the batcave.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Not a top gear freak:

Cars are cars and mean little to me, if you pass me on the motorway, yep, I am the guy in the heap:

My latest heap, gets me from A to B, the Automobile Club, gets me home. (Safe)

Done it so many times, bought top range, value depreciates the moment I am off the forecourt.

I maintain being legal, MOT, Tax and Insurance etc, but given up with the men and motors / top gear / grand prix lifestyle.

The heap is safer, driving through London etc, you have less chance of accidents, anyone that has paid out a mint on an expensive motor, give way to you, they are more wary that in an encounter you may not be insured etc.

I do not even knock out the dents anymore, just mark them in fine line paint: His and Hers.

I do have a great mechanic and as said keep the heap well maintained, safe and legal etc.

I worry it is always new, modern expensive cars that have broken down on the M3 / 4, M25 etc.

I do feel smug passing by at 6 and a half miles per hour, beats walking;

Buy a new motor in the morning, stick key in and start up - possibly lost a Grand, drive it off the forecourt two:

Save loads, by buying the car when devalued and off cutting all against the price of gas.

Alexei Sayle-Ullo John Gotta A New Motor-1982: LINK: Alexei Sayle-Ullo John Gotta A New Motor-1982 - YouTube

WORKS TILL YOU GET PULLED IN BY THE FUZZ (Painfull)

LINK 2: police officer - Smiley culture - YouTube

Gonna settle for a funky moped: LINK 3: Jasper Carrott - Funky Moped (totp2) - YouTube

Ha Ha.
    k.
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 22nd August 2012 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    The guy from the Tax Payers Alliance when talking this morning made this statement."Last month we gave India some £250 million to help them with their space programme".What kind of aid is that I ask you!!!!!!
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    Well I have heard the UK is getting a bit crowded so more space would certainly be an advantage to you.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The situation is little different here in Oz, though the tax is fixed at 32cents per litre. The price of oil rises, petrol price rises. The price of oil drops petrol stays the same. But even if you got rid of all the current politicans and put a new lot in do you realy think things would change? No because the trough is of such a size they would kill one another to get into it. Here we have the 'Greens' who want to tax the living daylights out of just about anything that moves, yes do so and the country will come to a stand still. The fact is there are bigger forces out there than we can understand and they are manipulating things to their advantage. Latest news there are now 856,000,000 living under a carbon tax or ETS scheme which pushes the price of just about all goods up. That is about 12% of the worlds population, and sadly we are in that 12%.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default tax tax tax

Hi shipmates, overs seas its our gift aid, if you dont grease the wheels you dont get any big contracts, The India space program will help our industry in the long term, big spin offs for many companys and most of the boffins who work on it, were students in the U.K. we fund public toilets in mumbai gave £2 million last year and mr David Cameron gave £650 million to Pakistan for new schools, and teacher training in 2010 and will give £2,5 bn over the next 4 years. Many Pakistan diaspora go home once a year, to see familys or get married or other reasons' big business for many companys Mr David Cameron quote{ we have an unbreakable link with Pakistan} estimated 42 million live in the U.K. in some parts of the U.K. north and south they hold the keys to politcal power,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast