Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: From Brussels with love

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One day, if we ever get our Royal Air Force back, we could have an air strike to wipe out the European Parliament in Brussels.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Have to agree with lowering the speed, 2-3 years ago, a mobility scooter knocked down and killed a holiday maker here on the Isle of Wight in Sandown. The disabled driver was prosecuted, and if i remember correctly was found guilty of careless driving. The old grey matter cannot recall the sentence given.. KT

Lilian Macey died two days after being run down by a scooter driven by Walter Cousins, 76.But police, who investigated the accident at Sandown, Isle of Wight, found that they were unable to bring charges against Mr Cousins under the Road Traffic Act.

Full details here Killer mobility scooter driver escapes prosecution - Telegraph

Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Scooter Tooter

Prototype.

prototype.jpgprototype.jpg

End Product (Wishfull thinking)

end product.jpg

John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

thamks for your reply tony. people don't realise how much scooters are needed.
    without one i cannot get out. every where i go is up or down hill and in my wheelchair its impossible. i go out on a saturday to the car boot to buy some cheap baccy for my two kids, the're not fifty yet. haha. then i go down to the city and do any business maybe have a meal then home.thats my day out.
    if scooters are used on the road they should have lights and indicators but even lots of police do not know this.
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had not realised that there were two types of Mobility scooter until I collected my Golf Trolley from the manufacturers agent last week and they had an 8 mph , lights and horn type that was DVLA approved for road use , a much more substantial beast than the usual variety . I can see the necessity of them , but cry in despair when I am trying to shop and get hit , whilst stationary , by a grossly overweight lady who cannot maneuver the thing , then I pass the same person with a cigarette in her mouth as she uses the roadway to get home at 4 mph disrupting traffic , the majority around here are responsible , but a couple of irresponsible riders give the mobility scooter sector a bad name , I would ( Sorry but it is more legislation ) give everyone who gets one from a mobility company a compulsory lesson and a certificate of training . there is a very responsible user locally who does miles walking his dog , sometimes the little west highland does the return leg in the front basket where it is totalled
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default from brussles with love

Hi Alf, went to Asda today to get a few things, use the trolley to lean on, so i know how it is, 50 yards and i have to stop, on tuesday providing no problems i fly to Cebu in Philippines, am dreading the journey, 16 1/2 hours flying time , 2 planes, dreading all the walking at the Airport in London, have lived alone 4 years hated every minute, so from next week i have companion, cant wait to get there. no more cooking, !! Tony W.
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good Luck and all the best Tony, on your new adventure, I hope it all goes well for you.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wilding View Post
    Hi Alf, went to Asda today to get a few things, use the trolley to lean on, so i know how it is, 50 yards and i have to stop, on tuesday providing no problems i fly to Cebu in Philippines, am dreading the journey, 16 1/2 hours flying time , 2 planes, dreading all the walking at the Airport in London, have lived alone 4 years hated every minute, so from next week i have companion, cant wait to get there. no more cooking, !! Tony W.
    Tony Good Luck , God speed your journey , and may your new life be a wonderfully long and happy one , Best wishes Rob

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keep in touchTony, let us know how you are faring.
    All the best.
    Brian.

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default from brussles with love

I will most certainly do that, my Lady Friend has a laptop allready in use there, untill i get mine going, getting nervous now, meet her for real at last after over 2 years of talking on Skype, She is OK, tells me not to worry, but she is so sweet, she asked me today would it still be ok for her to still visit her sister when i am there, i was so suprised, i told her she does what she wants, she said no, has to ask me first for permission, her parents have small farm in rural area 2 hours from Cebu, when i first knew her she was living 6 in one room, her sisters place, so poor there, and not a nice area, so i got her to rent a small housein Cebu at Christmas, she has completely decorated it, made new curtains, i have gradually got the furniture, now have all. she thinks she lives in a palace now, but its just a small house,DSCN2242.jpghouse.05302011162.jpg view at parents farmduring parade.jpg thats annie
    Tony Wilding

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast