Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rule of Law

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thumbs up Rule of Law

The people running this country, Politicians, Lawyers and Civil Servants really are a joke.

On 24th February 2012 Julian Assange appeared before the Courts in this country and a warrant was issued for his deportation to Sweden for serious sexual offences.

He is also wanted for offences in the USA.

Neither of these allegations have anything to do with this country. He used the Criminal Justice system quiet legally to appeal the deportation order. His appeal was dissmised on 30th May 2012 by the Supreme Court.

For the life of me I cannot understand why there were not two Police Officers at that hearing and knowing that his appeal had been disallowed he was not immeadiately placed in handcuffs, taken straight to Heathrow Airport put on board the first plane to Sweden. This would have been a completely lawfull act.

What have we now, we have the whole world witnessing the farsical situation at the Equador Embassy in London and not one person in authority has a clue as to what to do.

It's no wonder we are the dustbin of the world. Leadership is a joke. Doesn't it just make you proud to be British.

John Albert EVans
    Last edited by John Albert Evans; 18th August 2012 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John I could not agree with you more. We appear to have the biggest buffoons in history involved in our government and legal systems. I bet the Police are heaving a sigh of relief that Stuart Hazell was arrested as quickly as he was over the murder of Tia Sharp. Why he was allowed to go when he was obviously under suspicion was a real bollock dropped.

Chris.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Rule of Law.

Another interesting statistic since 2010 we have provided £3.3 million assistance to Ecuador I know this is not a lot of money but just how many foreign governments are we giving money to.All these amounts albeit its not a lot but all these little amounts add up.The money we spend on Ecuador does not buy us any influence.They just despise us for it.And with international relations it is clear you can't buy friends either.
    It is possible using the 1987 Consular Premises Act to lift Ecuadors diplomatic status.Which I imagine means that we can go in and arrest this character.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hague has not got a clue. He threatened to enter an Embassy, which is illegal, the whole of South America is now against us, how many export orders will now be cancelled?.
    So far the stand off outside the Embassy has cost us Tax Payers over £1,000,000 and we are supposed to be short of money.
    All this has nothing to do with Britain.
    He is an Australian citizen, wanted in Sweden and in the USA, just leave it to those three countries to sort it out.
    He was in the Embassy, just let the Ecuadorians feed him , not costing us anything. Simple.
    It was Hague only last week gave £5,000,000 of body armour and sophistcated radios to Al Quada and Taliban backed soldiers in Syria, when our own soldiers are crying out for decent equipment. One Guardsman killed today by the same organisation that Hague has given body armour to when that may have saved the life of the Guardsman.
    Cameron is on holiday in Greece and the deputy PM is on holoday in Spain and Hague making a cock up in London.
    Why can the public not get these Politicians sectioned under the mental health act.
    Brian................now definately back on the whisky.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jim, we give aid to 185 different countries.
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

now definately back on the whisky.

Brian I wish I was but unfortunately cannot touch the stuff till Christmas. I have to agree with everything you said, but the other two would not have fared much better, they are even bigger plonkers.

Chris
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In reply to #1 he was let out on bail and there were still some avenues of appeal open to him. He is now guilty of jumping bail by seeking asylum in the embassy. The Australian gov can do nothing as he has not breached any of our laws. A precident was set back in 1987 where by the UK gov can order the storming of an embassy if they consider there may be a threat to national security involved. The fact is this Richard Cranium could have gone to the Australian embassy and handed himself in . But no matter where he is there is no way out for him, he will be arrested as soon as he sets foot outside the embassy. From comments here in Oz today I believe the Oz gov would like to see him extradited to Sweden.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Julian Assange

I cant see why all these left wing and freedom of speach weirdos are getting their knickers in a twist over. How about the 2 girls who are accusing him of sexual aggravation or whatever, do they have no rights? If he is innocent he has nothing to worry about as will be found so and will be free to go. Seems to me has a guilty conscience over the same and is using all this hype over the US wanting him and using this to dodge his lawful responsibilitys. To me the man has no morals whatsoever. If America or any government were really keen to get him, he would have been long gone. Just a gutless worm with no backbone like some of his disciples. Cheers John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think from our point of view, its the perfect scenario, hes as good as being in prison, robbed of his freedom etc, and not costing us a penny. And if they were to smuggle him out of the country etc, even better, hes out of our hair . Its pratt politician causing all the hassle. KT

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default rule of law

Am not condoning what he has done and is accused of, dont know what he is guilty of untill proven, but he is not a threat to National Security, but to storm the Embassy is not right, could mean the end of save haven for all worldwide if its allowed, i find it strange the USA have said thet dont want to Extradite him, more in this than is stated. smells fishy to me.
    Tony Wilding

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast