Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rule of Law

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well chaps and chapesses.
    We have to be very carful e here.

Our dear friend the arab (hooky dooky) we can't send back to Jordon. + others. Why? because he faces the death sentice
    Who in their right mind trust the americans.
    Look at the whole shooting match.
    In sweden he was found not Guilty of the sex charges so that is finished. Or was it .Is this new charges or just made up.
    I don't think that Sweden will stand up to the U.S.A and will transfer him at the first moment they can.
    This lads website showed that america was telling porkys. Nothing new there. The shooting of all these people in the street from the air.
    To me if someone does anything bad against USA they are wanted by the usa.
    The young uk lad that broke their code and went into their computors is wanted over there now. Even if he is not the full shilling.And can get 100 years in jail.
    The whole trouble is that USA want's to rule the world. I think we have all seen that on our travels.

Lets face it . The embassy threat. How stupid can we get. Start that and tit for tat will start.

What? will we send a gun boat to south america. These days are passed.This country is living in the past.

All this secret jails and flights in the night.etc the USA has got, is not real.
    Hitler tried and failled
    Human rights.??? The americans have kept a young soldier in soll confiments for 800 days now . Without charge remember.
    What about his rights.
    Me !I'm glad that a small country has stood up to the bullies.
    I have studied the case at lenght. so I say" just think if it was your son ."
    To me it is all lies and bull.
    Now the arabs are wanting the oil money changed from dollars so will USA want to get hold of all the arab leaders ?
    It is time the truth is brought out .
    The only thing that wikie did was show the world the truth about the super powers and all the lies they have been telling the world.
    Time they stopped interfering in other countries
    Get off the soapbox now Ron.
    Ron the batcave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A few other facts. the embassy can be invaded by British if it poses a threat to the system, see the 1987 incident. The embassy is only one small suite in a very large building, if he stays there he will have litle more room than in a prison cell.
    But here is a good one for you. Here in Oz there has been an enquiry into the press, the Labor party saying they have too much power and keep bagging them. The report has suggested some controls on the media. But one Labor left wing back bencher has come out and said that any journalist twho tells a lie should bve fined or worse.
    All well and good, but if I recall were not similar situations occuring in certain parts fo Europe before WW2?
    How do we distinguish between a lie and the truth in the media, many a time govs will put out mistruths for their own gains. How do we treat that situation. Once you make any attempt to stifle free speech then you are at the end of freedom as we know it. Beware big brother is certainly watching you now!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But one Labor left wing back bencher has come out and said that any journalist who tells a lie should be fined or worse.
    HD John.

Hi John,
    Thats a bit of a laugh coming from a Pollie, That would mean All Pollies would be in trouble, they neve stop lying.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Propoganda

Propoganda is usually considered a legal weapon in warfare. e.g. Dr.Goebells and Lord Haw Haw. We also had ours as well I suppose. However the politicians must have thought this was too good an instrument in peacetime to take in what I suppose they consider the ignorant masses. However once they have been caught out they loose any sort of credability. This happens all the time nowadays, this is why it is always very refreshing to find an honest politician nowadays, which is very rare, an honest one is worth their weight in gold. The number of lies and plain outright alteration of the truth seems to be the norm for some of them. For a politician not to have the press on their side is also a death knell politically for them. However since the advent of the internet we are not now completely reliant on a newspaper reporter to put his often biased views forward which was to a certain extent another form of propoganda. If I thought for one moment that the bloke hiding in the foreign embassy was fearful of his life as he claims I would be all for him. However he is to me another newsman in a different way ready to put other peoples business on the air, in which case he should not mind himself being subject to other peoples views on his actions. Regards John Sabourn.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Wikiman

Why not have him tried "in absentia" in Sweden. Then if he is found guilty and sentenced by this means issue an International warrant for his arrest.

A simple solution to this fiasco!

Minstrel

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What a sensible suggestion.

John Albert Evans

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Rule of Law

Agree with John Albert, a very sensible proposal Minstrel, but it may be against his "uman rites" as there will be some bent lawyer jumping on his bandwagon and using our money for legal aid, that's how daft it all is now. The ones born here, paid their taxes etc etc wouldn't get an a pennyworths of help in a similar situation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lets look at it another way.
    Don,t you think it is a bit funny that the charges of sex offences only came out after america wanted him.
    I don,t know if he did these things are not. If he did then agree go to trial But to me it stinks.
    My brother who deals with Goverments around the world say that there is more coruption in UK and the west , than in the whole of Russia.
    When my older Brother was signing a contract in USA he had to go tyo meet the Secret Service. The first thing they asked If his younger brother was Bruce. When he said yes he was told that they didn,t like his politics. Answer was " I am not my brothers keeper." So in other words If the uSA don't agree with you , your bad.
    We have all seen that sort of thing while travelling.
    I remember while on The MV markor we arrived in BERBERA.Red Sea. At the time we were in that world weather rubbish ( they tell to give noon position in case trhey had to fly a doctor to us. Did we believe in that tale NO!
    When we arrived in port the old man had been asked to fill in a form ( by the usa world weather). Important things for the weather I'M sure.
    1 How many dockside berths
    2 Any russian ships about in port
    3 A what kind of radar do they have aboard.
    4 do they have bunkering there.
    5 how many cranes on docks.
    6 how deap is the water in harbour.

Yes all to help the forcaste of the weather.
    The old man did not fill it in .

So lets face it we are all told lies from all around.

Ron the batcave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Ausrep

What you mention about ship reporting has been ongoing for many years. In Australia is called Ausrep and in States something else, is to coordinate any search and rescue ops. which may arise. Regards John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Ship reporting

Ref. previous may have misread post about world weather reporting. As regards Ausrep I think is still in force, every ship within certain limits of Australia must report in every 6 hours, course, speed etc. this is mandatory and applies to all vessels. If a report is not sent in SAR may be put in motion that the vessel is in distress. In this day of satellite observations etc. may seem a bit outdated, but certainly most ships know that any discharging of oil etc. can soon be traced to them. Looking on the lighter side of it, the illegal boat people are observing the letter of the law when they are phoning Canberra and asking for a lift. I would suggest however this does not make them law abiding future citizens. Getting back to Julian Assange, I think it a bit far fetched to suggest that Sweden is in collusion with the USA in order to get the whistleblower back to the states, I feel that the person in question is living in his own world of self grandeur. As said previously if the suggested secret services of the US ( which there are many) wanted him he would be long gone. Regards John Sabourn

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast