Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unaffordable Politicians

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John the problem is simple, just about every time the ALP gest into office it dismantlse something put in place by the Libs. But in this case it was the Greens pushing the buttons. But the fact remains by doing what they have the gov can say they are following the recomendations of an expert independent panel. But wait a minute, is it not a fact that no gov calls for an enquiry unless they know the outcome prior. If they do not know that then they set terms of reference to give them the outcome they require.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

john sutton Guest

Nick Clegg walked into a branch of HSBC to cash a cheque. As he approached the cashier he said "Good morning , could you please cash this cheque for me"?

Cashier: "It would be my pleasure Sir. Could you please show me your ID?"

Clegg: "Well I didn’t bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am Nick Clegg, the Deputy Prime Minister!!!"

Cashier: "I’m sorry, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers, etc. I must insist on proof of identity."

Clegg: "Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am."

Cashier: "I am sorry Deputy Prime Minister but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."

Clegg: "But I need this cheque cashed, its very important"

Cashier: "Perhaps there’s another way: One day Colin Montgomery came into the bank without ID.
    To prove he was Colin Montgomery he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup.
    With that particular shot we knew him to be Colin Montgomery and cashed his cheque.
    Another time, Andy Murray came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racquet and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that spectacular aim we cashed his cheque..
    So sir, what can you do to prove that it is you, and only you, as the Deputy Prime Minister?"

Clegg stood there thinking and finally says:
    "Honestly, I can't think of a single thing I'm good at."

Cashier: "Will that be large or small notes, Deputy Prime Minister?"

john sutton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2