Thread: UN Convention ( Re. Australia)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default UN Convention ( Re. Australia)

I quote part of a readers letter in todays Western Australian Paper which I and hopefully many others of the populance of this country agree with.
    " We collectively continue to complain about the outdated United Nations Convention on refugees and its corrupted interpretation. However our apparently witless Federal politicians of all hues continue to accept these outdated precepts. The greens with their scrotum grip on the government are primary responsible for this parlous situation. In Australias best interest there is no doubt that the UN convention needs to be rescinded. However we are very much in the thrall of our political masters who, Greens dominated, are totally lacking in the necessary integrity to embrace such positive action". The letter goes on to describe the politicians in general on which I would agree, and the final paragraph " Wake up, Australian politicians, and address this vital national interest". I am pleased other people also think as I do, as was beginning to think the populance was asleep on this matter. This really should go in the post on Politicians and views on same, they seem to be a breed on their own, which is mostly useless. Cheers John Sabourn.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello John after your quote I Googled the news paper and read the article. I believe that the traditionally complacent Australian voter is about to awaken from the a 100 year slumber. None of our current political leaders or the parties they represent are in touch with the modern world. For many years Victorians were looked on as "Wowsers" because this state had the strictest controls on how our population were allowed to conduct themselves socially, morally, and to my mind as a new chum totally reprehensibly from a European view point.
    The Greens have taken on this mantle of telling us all how to behave. There is no room in their manifesto for common sense.
    I have taken the trouble to go to a couple of their "open discussions". Should you have the courage to challenge the idealistic patter they espouse you will quickly be labelled as a reactionary misogynist. Call them "dogs in a manger" you will howled from the room.
    We have had the Christian Democrats, the Australian Democratic Party both of which had a decent percentage of the vote plus a couple of marginal hopefuls.
    Do you think we could convince Dick Smith to give it a go ? I for one would be all for it and join tomorrow. We must stop this posturing on the world stage just to impress those useless bastards in the UN. If we don't get going soon, despite the wealth coming from your great state, we will be up the proverbial with out a paddle and us pensioners will be fish chum. The returned soldier, the farmer, factory worker, the hard working European migrant the people that paid their taxes and ploughed their profits into small business , new homes,
    modest Australian made motor cars etc built this country. We are not just selling our heritage we are giving it away. Wake up Australia.
    R 627168 On all the Seas of all the World
    There passes to and fro
    Where the Ghostly Iceberg Travels
    Or the spicy trade winds blow
    A gaudy piece of bunting,a royal ruddy rag
    The blossom of the Ocean Lanes
    Great Britains Merchant Flag

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Un convention on refugees darwn up in 1954 states,'
    "any person seeking refugee status or asylm should do so in the firts safe country they go to'.
    So how come they travel through a dozen such countries ro reach our shores?
    There are at present four countries they are trying to get into,Australia, New Zealand, UK and Canada. Why, because those countries have the best social security systems in the world.
    Become a refugee and you will do better than a senior on a pension and you will not have to work for it.
    If the Greens had their way it would be an automatic open door for them. Look how the UK is now if you want to see what can happen.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller