Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Proposed Retirement Age.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Les Woodard View Post
    Sounds llike she only did it with her friends and does not have an enemy in the whole world. Wonder if she still has that itch between her toes.
    Worse still mate she may have an itch on another part of her anatomy.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In Boltonistan, If you want a new Identity, Passport, Weapon Training or anything like that, just go to one of the many, many Mosques and convert and you can get anything you want. Simples.
    Brian.

Gulliver Guest

Talking about pension entitlements,as we were,there are some people who fall through the net in one way or another-and it is estimated there are millions of state pension money going unclaimed. Even if not entitled to a pension,elderly people would still be eligible for some kind of benefit.

Here’s one lady I certainly know of, who who was a ‘presence’ in my life for about 10 years in the 'Noughties' ,when I was living and working in London.

Read the life story of Miss Naysmith below, I think it's very entertaining in it’s own way.

Before I knew of her past story,(which is linked below) ,one morning on my way to work at my bus depot I approached a shabbily dressed 'bag lady' ,with plastic bags on her feet, pushing an old pushchair filled with rubbish ,and attempted to give her a couple of quid for a hot drink.She screamed at me as if she was being murdered! I quickly hurried on hoping no-one had noticed.That was two lessons instantly learned;never approach anyone in London for any reason(I’m a Mancunian,and soon learned it is not done!),and two; -offers of help are not always looked upon kindly.

I used to cut through Prebend Gardens-on my way to work. Very respectable -looking Victorian terraced houses with gardens in a leafy street off Chiswick High Road- worth at least three-quarters of a million each at today's prices ,with a rented one-bed flat now costing £1,100 per month rent.Such are the grossly over inflated prices in certain more salubrious parts of the capital.

Her old car in which she lived was a 40 year old ( c.1960) Ford Consul Lowline FORD CONSUL Mk 2 Lowline.jpgwhich she had bought new ,parked outside her former lodgings,No.22, in Prebend Gardens-it was full of old rubbish,clothes,blankets etc,and looked like a rat’s nest inside.

When it was removed in 2002,Miss Naismith was offered a flat,but it was out of the area,and she kept refusing housing.I still saw her shuffling around the area,and I believe she was sleeping rough on some nearby wasteland next to the District Line railway bridge at one end of her beloved Prebend Gardens.She would not leave 'her' area.

I last saw her in 2007 ,the year I left London;she was meeting a bus at the bus stop,where she placed a few empty drinks cans in front of the rear wheel to flatten them for recycling as the bus moved off.! Not as daft as she appeared to be?

It is so sad that she refused all help that was offered.I hope she’s alright if she’s still living- that was 5 years ago,and she would be 75 now. Poor Miss Naysmith seemed increasingly likely to have more physical and mental health problems as time goes on..Just how do you deal with a person who won't accept help though?

The story is here: THE LADY IN THE CAR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nothing new there Gulliver, in the late 50's there as a bag lady who frequented the area of Oxford street in London. Well known by all including the police. She wore a long top coat all yaer, sort of dirty beige colour, slept in the doorway of Lillian Skinners shop every night where no one bothered her. Then one Friday morning the local police on his rounds found her dead in the doorway. When they took her away for examination they found over 2,000 British pounds stiched into the linning of her coat.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14