Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Double dip recession.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Double dip recession.

It has just been announced that we are in the worst double dip recession for 50 years.When is David Cameron going to realise that George Osbourne is taking the country to hell on a handcart. A couple of days ago I suggested a cut in VAT would give people more disposable income a Professor in economics has just been on the radio suggesting that this must happen. Cameron must act now and replace Osbourne before its to late,or maybe its already to late.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    Last edited by Jim Brady; 25th July 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default double dp recession

dont think he will listen, he has allready said many times nothing will be changed,
    Tony Wilding

john sutton Guest

maybe you should look at what is happening in the rest of europe.Spain is just introducing 21%vat we have 50% youth unemploment and and 25% overall.The Uk is the 9th worst unemployment in europe at 8.9% .Things are tough in the UK but the people who caused the uk mess are the ones who are stirring all the bad news up.
    As a matter of interest how many of the shadow cabinet have ever had a real job as you and I had.I think you will find that they have only ever worked in politics as researchers etc.Next time you see ed balls speaking in parliment look in the row behind him and see 2 or 3 people making notes and passing them to whoever is sitting next to him.You wouldnt want that lot back.
    john sutton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Double dip recession.

John,I have no intention of getting into an argument over politics I am merely reporting the facts on the state of the economy.What is happening in the rest of Europe is of no consequence to us in the UK.Notes are passed around Parliament by all parties i dont see any harm in that.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think it is europe that is dragging us down as the euro zone is collapsing.
    Every week they announce that we have to give the eurozone several Billion Pounds to bail out some failing country such as Greece, Italy and Spain.
    If we had never gone into europe we could have been one of the top earning countries.
    The sooner we get out the better, it is just a cess pit for our future.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Double dip recession

Brian,when I said what happens in the rest of Europe is of no consequence to us.What I was getting at is that Youth Unemployment in Spain is running at 50% whilst the UK Y.U. is currrently 22.2%.My grandson has just been to the Joke Centre (sorry Job Centre ) did'nt get an offer of a job never mind a job,so should he feel happy and glad that he is better off than the kid in Spain.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can see what you mean jim, If your out of work it doesnt matter if it is 1% or 100%, you are still out of work.
    But I cannot see things improving until we get out of europe.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Double dip recssion.

Brian.YOUTH UNEMPLOYMENT IS DESTROYING A GENERATION !!!!
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is true Jim, When I was a lad there were plenty of jobs and apprenticeships, my last year at school was spent going around with the rest of our class to different factories, and so on to give us an idea what kind of jobs there were and everyone had apprenticeships waiting for when we left.
    At 15 I got a job as an apprentice with De Havilland, a few weeks later I was sacked in the morning and went to the job centre got a job at another engineering works to start the very next morning. There were loads of jobs.
    BUT it is a different ball game now, There are no or very few apprentices. But again the Unions are a part to blame for the loss of apprenticeships.
    At my mate Fred`s steel works, Stainless Steel Profiles, they took on two apprentices, it is a high tech job, the Union man came along and demanded that the apprentices should be paid the same wage as the skilled trades man.
    His boss said` No problem`. He called the two apprentices into the Office in front of the Union Man and said `here`s your cards. you are finished, Now ask the Union man to find you another job.`
    Those two lads were then unemployed. No future skills on big money.
    It is a BIG problem soon there will be no skilled men to do any job. Then we will have a bigger problem.
    Take these Olympics, supposed to be a boost for the economy. They have had over five years to sort things out.
    Millions of Olympic goods pouring in from China. All the Uniforms , made in China, all the momentos and souvenirs all made in China. Most of the equipment all made in China. what a lovely boost to the economy, ... for China.
    What a chance we had to manufacture all those goods, all the employment it would have given, all those job opportunities, for five years they have been to China ordering what they required. not a drop in the UK.
    It should have been a crime to boost Britains image in the world by buying China made goods and services.
    There could be all kinds of job opportunities if only manufacturing was done in the UK instead of China.
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 25th July 2012 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Double dip recession

I have first hand experience of the same kid in work and out of work and believe me the difference is two extremes.The grandson I have just mentioned who had just been to the Job Centre did 2 years in college and out on site as apprentice joiner.He got a job and was leaving the house at 5.30 AM and working overtime at night if it was going,travelled to London for them working in Harrods and other places he was delighted and coming home with around £300 PW. it was a pleasure to see his face at the weekend.He took part of the top of his thumb off on an electric saw which he was operating without the guard (the company were aware of this, this was the practice for that job)spent a few days in hostpital and was back at work right away.Would not see a solicitor,did not want to rock the boat and stay in favour with the company.Money in his pocket buying clothes going into town clubbing it life was a dream.Couple of weeks later company short of orders,stopping match of which he was one of them.Now no work no money and no bloody hope!!!!you have never seen such a change in a kid I could cry.Has first part City and Guilds now he needs an employer to take him on for 12 months so he can get day release at college.He got a job from the CITB worked for this guy for a couple of days the guy said yes I'm happy with you I'l keep you on give me your bank details.My grandson asked the wages would you believe this £20 per day yes thats right £20 per day and it was costing the kid £6 per day bus fares.He packed his tools told this guy to stick it came home and did'nt even bother getting the 3 days pay he was owed. So dont anybody tell me about the youth of today believe me they are having it tough!!!!
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast