Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Double dip recession.

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi Louis, sorry to hear that, not all are bad, my 2 sons are both younger drivers, accident free , never drink and drive, but the few yobs that break all the rules have inflated the insurance costs, a youngster who has just past his test driving a hot hatchback is like a Kamikazi Pilot, they cant control them, anyone can drive fast, but not all safely. the system is wrong now, should have to start on low powered cars for the first couple of years, even a one liter car now does 80 mph.
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Angry

Pat of the problem is the way that kids are taught to drive by the instructors.
    When my eldest son was learning to drive and being taught by an instructor for most of the time, on the few occasions that I took him out, as soon as the road permitted he would increase speed to the maximum allowable. He didn't take into account weather conditions such rain or damp roads.
    When questioned he replied that's what I am taught.
    I had a few words with the instructor and was more or less told that today that kids are taught to ignore road conditions and to drive as quick as possible, same when braking they do not use the gears.
    So don't blame the kids, its the way that they are taught.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cars are safe but drivers are not

Hi shipmates, Hi Vic ,Hi Tony, Driving instructors some are very good like the A A or B.S.M. but are not cheap, but you learn to drive the right way a worth while life skill, but they are plenty of cowboys in the game who promise after a few cheap lessons you will pass your test and be on the road? Many younger people take this route due to cost of lessons and lack of knowlege? These are the ones who have the most accidents ? because any skill must be learned overtime to become expert. But very few 1st time drivers today would have a high power car, the insurance for most would be beyond they pocket, gone are the days when you could add them on to your policy? not allowed !!! But what parent would allow any new driver17yr or 18yrs behind the wheel of a super car? thats plain stupid.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bill Davies View Post
    ....What I found remarkable was the delegate from the Union who goave the Union view was not a Scotsman!!!!
    No mate, most of them guys are now here in Oz causing havock here when they can.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The problems currently in the UK are not the makings of the current gov, they go back at least ten years. Blair was very good at foreing policy, maybe one of the worlds best at the time. But he took his eye off the ball and let Brown run it all. Run it into the ground that is. The general problems in Europe are not because they are in a union, but rather the common currency. Too many less wealthy countries being propped up by the richer ones.
    But here is a bit of info for you thta may sound odd. In Cambodia on my last cruise we went to an area where there are a number of factories. Two of them, the biggest oif their type in the world, make clothing. All the clothing is badged 'Made in China'. Why you ask?
    The factory is Chinese owned, as is the road they built between the factory and the port, but they are outsourcing the manufacturing of clothing to Cambnodia as the wages there are lower.
    Read areport today that said UK does not need the EU, it exports more to non union countries, so the time may be near when you may see the EU sshackles drop, I do hope so.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just a little bit of trivia from the past. Just after the war Japan renamed a place USA so that they could produce goods made in USA as products that where made in U.S.A. where sort after so it is not anything new that another country will abuse others to garner more exports. Here in Oz the capatalists have for years been bleating about the cost of hiring Aussie workers compared to which ever country that has cheap labour at that time. As I say Japan was highlighted as having cheaper labour than us before they to where paying more than here and so it has progressed from one *** country to another and in the future we will end up with the cheapest labour market but no bloody industry to produce anything.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

john sutton Guest

japan also named a place scotland so they could label their whisky made in scotland.Old timers might remember their shipmate crawling round the floor,blind, after a session on that particular beverage.
    john sutton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, there is a flip side to that coin. Japan has been a major stockholder in several of the largest 'upmarket' distilleries in Scotland since the 70s. Certain Suntory 'blends' are in fact the real ting.

Bill

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i cannot believe a driving instructor teaches people to drive at the maximum allowable speed if they are in an area where its allowed, you are saying if they are on a motorway they have to do 70 mph, ? that instructor needs to read his highway code and take another test.
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No recession for some..................on google news
    Disgraced Barclays chief Jerry del Missier banks £9m payoff
    The Independent - ‎34 minutes ago‎

Barclays was engulfed in scandal again last night after reports emerged of an £8.75m payoff to the most senior executive to authorise the false submission of Libor interest rates.
    Brian

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast