Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Double dip recession.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Listening to the mid day news on Radio 4. Understand that tomorrows threatened strike by the UK Border Agency has been called off. Makes sense!.

What I found remarkable was the delegate from the Union who goave the Union view was not a Scotsman!!!!

That's remarkable.........or progress?

Bill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Jim,
    I think you raised a good point, re bus fares, surely when these kids are after jobs outside their area, and on minimum wages, there should be a system that they could get bus passes. We lash out money in hundreds of wasteful ways. We need to get this generation back to work and hold their heads up high. I still remember how i felt 60 years ago when i came home with a small pay packet, and gave my Mum housekeeping. KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

what about kids that can't get public transport to work and they get stiffed by car insurance?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default only for some?

Hi shipmates what the papers/media say is not aways true, Rule by fear has been around a very long tme ,the greatest fortunes were made by people who bought shares when the stock/bond market was in deep do da!!! The so called double dip recission will hurt many people in the public services and many low payed workers around europe { The scapegoats} but most rich people and bankers and big businees will prosper and make more money Did you know today over 70% of all money is eletronic just numbers on a computor. Some of us on this forum have lived thro' very hard times and still here? so dont worry the bad days/ tough times dont last long I am sure most of us here can look after ourselfs an old saying one hand for the ship and one for yourself

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i FEEL VERY SORRY FOR THE YOUNGER GENERATION, THEY ARE GETTING INTO THE HABIT OF NOT WORKING , NOT THERE FAULT, 2 YEARS ON THE DOLE IS ENOUGH TO MAKE U GIVE UP, THEN THEY GET INTO BAD COMPANY, A FRIEND OF MINE GOT A TEMPORARY JOB IN THE ARGOS WHAREHOUSE 20 MILE DRIVE EACH WAY, 2 YEARS LATER HE IS STILL TEMPORARY, NO HOLIDAY PAY, NO OVERTIME PAY, NO CONTRACT, MANY A TIME HE HAS DRIVEN TO WORK TO BE TOLD WHEN HE ARRIVED THERE, NO WORK, GO HOME, OR HAS GONE TO WORK AND SENT HOME 3 HOURS LATER, DISGUSTING TREATMENT BY A BIG NATIONAL COMPANY, HE GOT A REGULAR JOB AS A CLEANER RECENTLY IN A STEEL FACTORS COMPANY, A REGULAR WAGE AND OVERTIME. NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY, ARGOS WOULD NEVER PHONE TO SAY DONT COME IN TODAY, AS FAR AS HIGH CAR INSURANCE FOR YOUNGSTERS , THE PROBLEM IS BOY RACERS HAVE DONE SO MANY CRAZY THINGS ITS MADE IT BAD FOR ALL YOUNG DRIVERS, THEY HAVE MORE ACCIDENTS. ALSO NO WORK WHILE IN THERE TEENS MAKES THEM BEHIND ON WORK EXPERIENCE, SO GLAD I DONT HAVE THAT WORRY NOW, CAMERON HAS NO IDEA HOW TO IMPROVE THINGS, AND ALL THE CHINESE CONTRACTS FOR THE BRITISH OLYMPICS ARE DISGUSTING, SOUVENIERS, UNIFORMS, THE OLYMPIC ORGANISERS NEED SHOOTING, ALL DONE ON THE CHEAP AND SOLD AT EXHORBITANT PRICES, THEY SAY UK WILL EARN A FORTUNE, HALF IS IN CHINA ALLREADY.
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As Dad's army said.
    "We re all doomed"
    They don't care for the working class.
    They all hace accountants and will not pay their taxwes or VAT.
    Ron the batcave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pink Floyd had it right,
    "All in all , your just a-nother brick in the wall."
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default bad times for some

Hi shipmates the younger genaration? our children have never had it so good {no war} plenty of cheap chinese goods to buy cars are now cheap to buy if you have a job above min wage you can run one? My son was quote £1,600 for car insurance but online £600 the car insurance company are crooks, it is not about young boy drivers but car crash gangs who fake accidents who rob them big time !!! The honest hardworking young people foot the bill, How can any young person live on £63.50 jobseekers a pint of beer over £5 in the night clubs how can they pay rent and food? Good jobs are few and far between ? but with no heavy industry and no unions to improve the worker rights the boss has a big stick again ,many in work put up with very bad conditions, and low pay to keep any job this is now very common in the U.K. The Wheel has turned back to the old days of too much labour and too few jobs We Had The Pierhead jump in our history in the bad days any old rotting ship was a job.

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re young drivers

Dont know if u drive louis, but its a well known fact the younger drivers are the most lethal, they modify there cars, without telling the insurance company, that invalidates the insurance, all want to drive hot hatchbacks, speed limits are ignored, yesterday i was stopped at a red light waiting for oncoming traffic to clear to make a right turn, a teenager behind me in a fast car could not wait, overtook me from behind turned right in front of oncoming traffic and passed a keep left bollard on the wrong side, am afraid foot to the floorboards is how they drive, lots drive uninsured or with no licence, most car thefts are by teenagers, thats why that age group is penalised, , yes there are a few gangs crashing on purpose, but a minority. 7 out of 10 accidents are caused by drivers under 21. Ask any insurance company or the police, they get behind a wheel then show off to there friends,
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Age dont matter

Hi Tony Hi shipmates, I can drive passed my test 47 yrs ago drove aroung the local course in my car but due to blood pressure probelms and eye sight side effects I cant see much if get too stressed so dont drive today, The insurance companys dont know about that, so still have my full clean lincence !!! my sons and daughter drive me around they all passed test two in parts first time, all own new cars cash payed with wages from they jobs, no credit ,no accidents todate I also have free bus pass due to me beening an old sea dog but thats a perk which wont last much longer due to government cuts, Over the years have owned a few cars a B.M.W. a few fords british leyland and a couple of japenese cars no accidents I was a safe driver? never spill a drop drinking and driving? but the roads were better then less cars no potholes and no parking enforcers Most young drivers are very good and drive to a very high standard but a few are petty criminals or car bandits and full of bravado and drive with no tax no insurance no lincence we had them years ago the same type.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast