Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Living by the Sea

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rafferty View Post
    According to some, you could go into any bridge or foc's'l and get the same response

A bit like the old mariner, tired of the sea, put an oar over his shoulder and started walking inland - didn't stop 'til somebody said, 'what's that bit of wood on your shoulder'?
    I could well believe that.

Bill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian they cost about £2000.000 and i still don't know what they are supposed to represent they are the most expensive piss posts for dogs you can get the beach fishermen have tried to get them moved jet skiers don't like them but some of the powers that be bought them for us. us yes us the council tax payers who are supposed to tighten our belts because {we are all in this together}my ar.e someone got a backhander of the artist as soon as they rust away the better.jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Living by the sea.

I was born and bred about half a mile from the Gladstone Dock if you went out in the morning say to the Pool dressed up in a suit and shirt and tie you had to put another shirt on to go out at night.The collar and cuffs would be black with the pollution from all the diferent factories and ships pumping out the smoke thats when we had the smog.I moved a mile or so to Seaforth before the container base was built we had a large field and then the beach that was like living by the seaside.My window sills were clean of any dust,the container base was built and there was scrap iron and coal coming in the sills had to be cleaned about every two weeks.Now the scrap and iron is contained after public outcry so I suppose we are now getting nice clean sea air as before.
    John Pruden,I disagree with you about the Iron Men by Antony Gormley I think that they are a great thing and money well spent by Sefton Council to retain them.The work of art is called Another Place and 100 Iron Men are looking out to sea just like us when we were kids looking out to sea and thats why we went away to sea to look for other places.It attracts a lot of visitors which cant be bad for the local economy.Anyone that wants to see this on Seaforth beach just log onto Antony Gormleys Another Place I think that you will agree that it was worth keeping here in Seaforth/Crosby.
    Regards.
    Jim.B

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jim the only one who is making money is the ice cream van the burger van has gone and if the tides in you cant see nothing??? home helps cut council cant cope with the cuts but we can find the dosh for the scrap on the beach? share the art give them to another countryjp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN PRUDEN View Post
    we had a good shoreline till somebody dumped a load of scrap {iron men} on it now they are putting wind things out therejp
    Maybe they are to cool you in the summer??
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3