Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympic games

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Olympic games

a security firm is said to be disappointed that it cant get staff and soldiers are going to do the job? i think its about time our troops protected us the people that appreciate them and the soldiers can get to see the games and do proper protection instead of protecting some toerag in a far of land that don't give a toss about our boys lives? jp

Tony Morcom Guest

It would have saved the country a fortune if they had considered using the services in the first place instead of paying G4 all that money for something they can't even deliver.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Olympic Games:

Olympic Games:

Certain others will have a view, mine is stuff the Olympics, I have no interest.

Better to have built a few more state of the art hospitals etc ?

Just my view ?

K.
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 14th July 2012 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The british !!!!!!!

Water handball team are from the north west favorites to win gold in the Olympics, They have just secured there entry into the games as they are not sponsored HOW!!!!! By collecting there body weight in bottle tops. What a bloody great country this Great Britain is. Terry.
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 14th July 2012 at 12:56 AM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the armed forces will do a far better job than any security firm and it will give a few of our troops ring side seats for some of the events the troops are far better equipped for anti terror threats and i hope everything will go in good spirits. this firm G4 will lose money but that should be their headache maybe after the last fiasco in London were security were bussed into the capital and left there to sleep under bridges for the night would you apply for a job there!!!!!jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The OLYMPICS will be of no asset to Britain, the Government says it will bring investment into Britain.
    Every souvenir of the Games is made in China, all the teams Uniforms are made in China. All the steel for the structures of the Stadiums were made in China. Countless millions of pounds given to China
    The British Olympic Games are a wonderful advertisement for Investment in ....... China.
    HOW DAFT IS THAT.
    For more than Five years we have been preparing for these Olympic Games, more than enough time to prepare our own British Made goods and materials. Thus creating more jobs for us and investment in our nation.
    I despair of this once great nation.
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 14th July 2012 at 10:29 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i think its an utter waste of money. it also does not make sense. two swimming trainers from plymouth are in the news. training athletes from other countries.
    at a previous royal event japan supplied all the flags etc.
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default John m8 !!!!

Ask yourself the question why 3,000 troops? Sams on rooftops, chinook hicopter,s, The Airforce on red alert, Do they know something we dont. Just been anounced on sky news it is now 11,000 Troops being posted. Anyone going to the games could end up walking away with a veterens badge. { BLOODY WAR ZONE} Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If there is a Security problem then the Public should be told what the problem is and where it is coming from and from who it is coming from and what to expect, then we can all keep away,
    I know who it is coming from, why doesnt the Government take them out?
    A few months ago the home grown terrorists of a certain Religion announced they were not going to attack the Olympic Games, but attack the transport systems instead as there would be less security, they have done that before.

Just have the games with the terrorists and the Security Forces. Winner take all.
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 14th July 2012 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the Olympics like the world cup is like a poison chalice everyone puts in for them but i think the majority of countries don't want it. give the Olympics back to Greece{that's were it started} permanently that might help there economy? as regards security imagine taking your post in your high vis jacket and coming down the road someone that has a middle eastern look with the same firms logo carrying a back pack i would be more interested in him than doing your job so all in all the troops are the best option plus some of the businessmen {in the now} have lost a few bob? so it proves the trough is not always fulljp

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast