Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Olympic games

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Olympic Games is a total waste of money in my opinion, we are sending 470 autralian sports people over there and all they can talk about is how to win a gold medal .
    they are egotistical people who think they are the best in the Country how can they be the best when they havent competed against every single Australian, they are simply just a selected few.

They built a huge stadium in sydney when we had the games and the Stadium is now a white elephant.
    while people are struggling to get a job in the UK and pay their mortgages and things are so tight how come they found billions to spend on this stupid waste of money.

They have made cutbacks everywhere in the UK but the Pollies found the money to spend on this ridiculous flaunting of selective importance. every Name dropping parasite will get a fee ticket and wine there. plus all the Zulu Presidents and all the other republican wasters that dont spend their money on the people..

Olympics had a big hand in sending Greece broke think about it. all the best Glenn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Olympic Games.

Why are we such a bunch of doom and gloom merchants in this Country,nothing but negativity thats why the Country is in the state that it is in.Without the Olympics the 80 year old would still be waiting for a hip replacement,hostpitals and schools would still not being built and life would be going on just the same.I dont think there was one word of positivity and this is the whole story of G.B..We have the Governer of the Bank Of England and other so called economists in. the media and all they want to do is talk down the state of the economy and it could be 2015/2020 before we are out of it.What kind of message does this send to the consumer.It puts people in fear of loosing their jobs and so wont have that new fitted kitchen,extention ,loft conversion or other home improvements which in turn puts the tradesman out of work which puts the manufacturers out of work and so on and so forth.If these people in power spoke with more positivity I'm sure that there are ways of talking yourself out of recession.I dont think that there are many people in the country that are not in fear of loosing their jobs because of the doom and gloom brigade.Think positive get behind our athletes that have trained bloody hard to get where they are and dont forget without the Olympics we would't have the Paraplegics,I think we could all learn something from these people who are far less fortunate than us.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It must be rather difficult for people to think positive now, never knowing when you may be made redundant, or haveing to re apply for a job where you have been working for years, even people on benefit through no fault of there own are not safe from cuts, news of big bonuses for bankers and fat cats getting fatter while the majority are being taxed out of existance. not good reasons for positive thinking.
    Tony Wilding

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Let the Games begin:

Let the Games begin:

The Games' will open on 27 July, they will continue in years to come in other City venues, so be it. Just not my cup of tea as stated previously. I am certain they will entertain many and be a sucess. Just I would prefer possibly to decorate my house and watch the paint dry.

Hopefully, Team GB, will do good for the country and although I will not be watching, do support every effort they make.

Just all the other stuff going on makes it all sound more like a war zone rather than a huge leisure centre.

Rain, the G4S security fiasco, a cracked flyover, officials selling tickets on the black market… all this and more, yet the Games are set to be a triumph.

Critics remain convinced that the London Olympics is worth its weight in gold, but only if you count the bounty that will accrue to the corporate sponsors – among them McDonald's and Coca-Cola.

LONDON 2012 OLYMPICS: HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSERS, TAX AVOIDERS AND FRAUDSTERS WELCOME...

LINK: Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: London 2012 Olympics: Human rights abusers, tax avoiders and fraudsters welcome...

Vast vessel: The Royal Navy's largest ship has been carefully manoeuvred into position on the Thames, where it will be used during the Olympic Games as a base for helicopters and military personnel

Read more: London 2012 Olympics: Makeshift barracks where thousands of troops will live during the Games | Mail Online

The kids will be out playing spot the sniper again, rockets on roof tops and security in camouflage fatigues and the latest RN ship based on the Thames with helicopter gunships and the RAF on the ready.

I know the country has to protect against the threat of terror, but all this will make me give the London WAR ZONE a miss for the duration.

LINK 2: London 2012 Olympics: Makeshift barracks where thousands of troops will live during the Games | Mail Online

K.
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 15th July 2012 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Olympic Games

Keith,everything you have just posted is negative,as I said thats whats wrong with the Country.Tony cant see any future neither.I rest my case!!!
    Regards.
    Jim.B

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Country is Good, it is just that we have always had Bad Leadership, that only think of what they can pocket.
    I read that Bliar wants to make a Political come back, what is he after now.? more money?

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Negative about the Olmpics: I agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    Keith,everything you have just posted is negative,as I said thats whats wrong with the Country.Tony cant see any future neither.I rest my case!!!
    Regards.
    Jim.B

Not my cup of tea and I will not get up to smell the coffee:

Negative about the Olmpics: I agree with that !

I made my point that the Olympics are not my cup of tea, the rest is basically world news. I need say no more and rest my case also. I am certain that many members do and will enjoy the event and someone else will be more positive, I will of course look in, pos someone can change my mind: Doubt it, I just do not and never have liked or enjoyed many sports.

Not supporting the likes of athletics and tennis etc, will not prevent me from supporting Britain.

B F N.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Olympic games.

Keith,I have no plans for watching the games,I wll watch the boxing if it is on whilst I am at home.My point was more todo with the state of the country because of the feeling of hopelessness by the vast majority of the populace.The Country should be talked up by Mervyn King and others,not predicting another 5/10 years of misery.World recession many other Country's pulling out of it so why are'nt we!!!!
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default olympic games

i Have nothing against the Olympic Games, just not my scene, and i think very badly organised, the security , the situation where the Arena is sited, the disruption to London traffic, and Londoners going to work, one venue on the South Coast where the Yachting events are held, the whole seafront has been boarded by 6 foot fence so residents cant watch for free, in front of Hotels and Guest houses,, nice when you have paid for a holiday there,! the catering prices are shameful, give a sandwich a fancyname and charge double for it, ATM,S will only accept Visa cards in the areas around the stadium, tickets are only for the rich, and allocation most unfair, No not my scene,! only the big multinational companies will make money there, they pay a fortune to get the catering rights, then the cost is charged to the captive audience, to cap it all half the security is is untrained, not British, cant understand the Language, just one big Fiasco, at treble the original estimated cost,, my opinion, only hope it runs smooth,and no incidents there.
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is Disgusting Tony.
    It is the biggest turn off in Decades. I didnt know they could barracade a Sea front with six foot fences. The local population should pull them down. and foreign security unbelievable. Why do we have to live in a cess pit.?
    Brian............. on my way to the Asylum.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 15th July 2012 at 03:52 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast