Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bankers don't you just love them

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do believe that the whole country is sick to death of politicians with their scams and sly moves, and of course bankers etc , all feeding at the top level, all looking after each other and protecting. The people will only take so much, and it will take a small spark, and huge unrest will follow. At the end of the Levenson enquiry we will see how many of the Rebecca Brooks type will be brought to book, the usual procedure for her likes is to call in huge favours from people in power. One wonders what information she has on our politicians, and they must be cra**ing their selves in case she coughs the information. Ah well, come the revolution Regards KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The greedy bankers

Hi Shipmates "The greedy bankers run the U.K. they are in most part a law unto them selfs they control the government with they fiscal measures' and they can make money appear and vanish at will, it would take a very brave government, to try to take any power away from them? or make them obey any new tough rules , which will not happen ? The papers and news media will soon forget this story, and go onto a fresh one again ? maybe a new war comeing ? and the Greedy bankers{ The Top people only} as normal will go on they merry way, with no jail terms and no serious comebacks ,and still have massive bonus or two every year{ Talk is very cheap but they have the cash } to make any wrong doing that has been done go away. they still wont lend to any small business, and foreclose on them, Also be allowed to take away houses' from familys in the U.K. who have hit very hard times { in record numbers} and make them homeless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am a little surprised to the recent reaction to peoples perception of Bankers and others in the Finance House game. It’s as though they were placed on some sort of pedestal and people expected more of them. I have dealt with these people over the last 40 years or so and I have never thought of them as anything better than second hand car dealers with the integrity too match.

Bill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Bankers don't you just love them.

Breaking news,Bob Diamond CEO Barclays Bank has resigned with immediate effect.The Serious Fraud Office are considering looking into this scandal with a view to taking action against those that were involved.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wonder how much money and shares he takes with him?. He is still appearing in front of the select committee , (thats a joke in itself, in light of their expenses scandal), i wonder how many are worried what he is going to say/shop etc, when thieves fall out, anything can happen KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i bet his phone has been dumped and the shredder in his office was busy yesterday? that's the first rat to leave the ship and more to follow?oh and his knighthood down the pan!!!jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You have to Wonder how completely undetectable other rorts would have been committed over the years purely because most of us thought people of that Rank in life were untouchable, its true i never met any Bank managers in the Kent Arms Hotel or the Roundhouse, there would have been hidden charges while Bank allotments were forwarded to Banks, Im pretty sure they didnt do anything for nothing.

Exchange rates etc , Mortgage charges they are absolute experts at ripping off Mr & Mrs Ordinary.

those hole in the Wall banks are the biggest rip off of all times.

I remember seeing all the Brief Case Brigade in their Pin stripe suits on the Westcliff train going to London and looking down their noses while reading the Times, Id say there were a few Bank Managers amongst them.

Your dead right second Hand Car dealers have the same principles as Bank Managers.

This Barclay Bank chappy should be put in the stocks and busloads of Tourists given free rotten food to throw at them
    Bells should be rung outside the Banks with the Bellringer yelling out Unclean Unclean bring out your dead. Glenn

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi Glen, i remember those days also,travelled the Fenchurch Street line a lot joining ships, am still in Westcliff, moving shortly, they all sat reading the Times, pin striped suits and brollies, was like a uniform.
    Tony Wilding

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Banks !

Banks across the world were fixing interest rates in the run-up to the financial crisis but regulators failed to take action to stop it, the former head of Barclays claimed today.

LINK: Bob Diamond says banks across the world were fixing interest rates in the run-up to the financial crisis - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

BARCLAYS BEST FIXED RATES.jpg

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default poor banker only on £20 millon a year

Hi shipmates as posted , The greedy bankers will not do any jail time, maybe pay a big fine{ again } to the government and the big can of white-wash will be used by all, The banks will still get away with foreclosing on small business and making familys homeless in the u.K and outrageous credit card charges to young people in universitys every student owes the banks big time for years to come !!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast