Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Its Raining again!!!and Supertramp are not around

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Its Raining again!!!and Supertramp are not around

Just what is happening with the weather in the U.K. its even worse than all those w**kers at Barclays, HSBC etc.
    Flash floods all over the place and as I write this South Tyneside is like hades, tremendous thunderstorms, lightening and rain that would shame any monsoon season.
    Skies black as a witches t*t.. anyone got a suggestion of a cheap, permamentley sunny place that does'nt have crooked bankers and politicians wher I can move too.
    Pizzed off with the weather, the nakers, the politicians, the whole kit and cabboodle.
    Now of to shelter under the stairs with a case of ale until its all over.
    rgds
    Capt. John Arton (ret'd)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John,
    Try Flamingo Bay on Grand Bahama a five hour ferry ride from Fort Lauderdale. My favourite place, and the Rum is cheap, nice and peaceful, not many people there and no KIDS or Teenagers.
    Lovely deserted white sand beaches.
    Lovely climate , except maybe an occaisional hurricane in the Season. but ten months of the year great.
    or come to Exotic Bolton, we have many middle eastern and Far eastern delights, just like `The Arabian Nights `.
    كتاب ألف ليلة وليلة‎ Kitāb alf laylah wa-laylah.
    No need to go abroad, it is all here. and the weather is the same as Shields so no suffering sun burns or risking skin cancers.
    Today we have a lovely heavy rain fall with the added attraction of a very dramatic thunder and lightening session,
    What more could you wish for.
    Cheers
    Brian,
    Oh I forgot to mention,.It is reported that the Jet Stream has slipped 1000 miles South and so the Lows that would normally pass to the North of Shetland are now upon us bringing the wet weather.Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 28th June 2012 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey Capt.
    You could always move to the Canadian west coast.
    Out politicians are to stupid to be crooked, and as a rule the weather is ok.
    Not bad ale either.
    Other than the big cities like Vancouver, we are virtually ****** free.
    Den.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Weather.

Hi John, you should move down to the Essex coast, been sunny all day with occasional cloud.
    temperature between 70 to 80, slight breeze, got to water the garden this evening everything is so dry.

Fred.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not Fair.
    $*&^

Gulliver Guest

Exclamation Weather...

It passed over here in Worcestershire this morning, storms and flash flood over in Ludlow,Shropshire,just over the border swept a poor bloke away and drowned!
    Anyway it was heading North East,that's why John's now got it up there.

But,it's been absolutely gloriously sunny and warm here since then.Barbie tonight possibly...
    I love the British weather.

PS Brian-re your avatar-I didn't know you drove a yellow Transit van?Brolly.gifTropical.gif

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

sunny all day warm a bit of a downpour this afternoon but hot sunshine now.jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

PS Brian-re your avatar-I didn't know you drove a yellow Transit van? Share
    . Hi Davey, that is my Helicopter, Sikorsky S61N , a three month assignment in Cape Town. Fantastic time.
    Cheers
    Brian.
    PS it does look a little like a 1969 transit.
    ./
    .TO JIM`S POST BELOW,
    i CANNOT OPEN REPLY.
    If a flood is warned then use bathroom sealant around the doors, inside and outside , leave a window open to climb back inside. That should do the trick.
    Also the reason there are more floods now is because they have stopped Dredging all the small harbours and Rivers,
    It is like putting a cork in a bottle, the rivers build a sand bar across and it is also shallower so not as much water can escape so overflowing its banks and into peoples houses.
    They have stopped dredging the Port of Fleetwood since the STENA LINE ferries were stopped 18 months ago and the river is silting up, They will then wonder where all the water is coming from when they are flooded, They will call it Global Warming and then put more tax on petrol and on my little car.
    Cheers
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 28th June 2012 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Its Raining again!!!! and Supertramp are not around.

We have seen all these people being flooded out over the last couple of years.Putting a couple of sandbags around the front door is not the answer.This is a serious request,is there anybody out there who is a budding inventor and who has applied for Patents in the past??/I have an idea which to my mind (maybe I'm wrong) could be a multi million pound business but its just a matter of getting me off my ass and doing something about it.I think that I could definitely keep homes flood free,how much it would cost I'm not sure but I think that the insurance companies would be interested in it.NO I'M NOT MAD !!!!
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hic up over, I can post again.

Jim,

Its not the stopping floods from outside thats really important, its stopping the floods from inside

Chris
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast