Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Its Raining again!!!and Supertramp are not around

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Guys,
    After leaving the sea i joined the fire service, flooding always a big problem, but think about it, a barrier, sandbags etc does not work, the flood water will find its own level, even by coming into the property via the sewage drains. its quite heartbreaking to go into a property flooded by raw sewage, regards KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Jim
    If you have an idea on stopping homes being flooded I would go for it if I was you. Getting a patent is not really that difficult. I think the Patent Office is in Swansea, but it does cost. Remember the guy who hawked his new invention of the vacuum cleaner and got knockbacks everywhere until somebody took a chance on him. Goes by the name of James Dyson.
    Rgds
    John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

it is the drainage system the average size is 6 to9 9 to 12 12 to i8 18 to 56 inch on some new estates 4 in is used plus the rubbish on the streets blocking one drain twice as much water runs to the next and so on put a sheeT of newspaper over a grid as see what happens the hole drainage system is not powerful enough to take the water ? as regards houses getting flooded we have air bricks power cables gas pipes all with sleeves on them so sand bags are useless in a flood? did the rivers deeper if a river is known to rise 10 feet dig it 10 feet deeper? flooding is mostly down to rubbish in the drain runs and should be well maintained on flood plain areas it will cost but it will save as well. America has huge run off ditches to take flood water why are the reservoirs empty when river running near them are at danger point? just my view JP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Floods

Hi Keith T. ..SNAP. did 30 years in the Brigade after 10 years in the MN, as others are saying sandbags are a waste of time, water seeps through

the damp course over the strip of roofing felt that is usually used Fred.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McGuckin View Post
    Hey Capt.
    You could always move to the Canadian west coast.
    Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada is another option, Capt. Like the West Coast, our politicians are also too stupid to be crooked but we get less rain than they do out there. It's been sunny and hot for almost a month now, over 30 Celsius most days, plus we have a beautiful 14-mile beach and sunsets that can't be beat.
    Oh yes, virtually ****** free as well. The only 'ethnics' we get are on the weekends in the summer but they are easily avoided...

Cheers!
    Ron's Daughter
    R399144

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dont forget Dunedin its been snowing and its that bloody cold it would freeze the nuts off a tractor Mum said take your cold hands off me

Tony Morcom Guest

Just interested to know Lou, what is the average temperature down there during the winter. How does it compare with our 3 degrees and on the other side of the coin what sort of temps do you get in the summer?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I was in DUNEDIN at the end of February, [ late summer ] it was cold, wet and windy. Never stopped raining all day.
    Cheers Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your idea needs to be pretty good Jim. Block the door and water will get in through air bricks, or in a lot of cases it just rises up under the floor, Clever stuff water, It will always find any weakness. Luck was on our side yesterday and we escaped un harmed., but it was quite a storm. Cheers Albi

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default It's raining again !!!!

Albi,it's not rocket science to move the airbrick higher up the wall.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast