Thread: Gary Barlow's Jubilee Single

Tony Morcom Guest

Default Gary Barlow's Jubilee Single

I wonder how many others saw the documentary last night about Gary Barlow making the new hit single "Sing" which was written especially for the Diamond Jubilee. It featured Gary on his trip around the world sourcing voices and musicians for this lovely song. Of special interest to our Aus Ex Pats will be Aboriginal guitarist Gurrumul. This guy, who I understand is blind, was filmed on the Blue Mountains with his unique voice and guitar skills. Also featured amongst many others were the Sydney Philharmonic Orchestra. The main choir are the "Soldiers Wives". The final scenes of the doc were filmed as Gary and Andrew Lloyd Webber presented the final song to the Queen at Windsor Castle.

One final point worthy of mention is the fact that Gary Barlow has been given permission by the Queen for two of the Opera singers in tonight's musical festival on the Mall to sing their part from the balcony in Buckingham Palace. The same balcony that millions have watched during each of the Royal celebrations.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Gary Barlow

Yes Tony, I watched that programme and was very impressed with the content. The name Gary Barlow did not register very much with me until then, but i now realize what a very talented musician, composer and producer he is.
    Pete

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now thats what you call BRITAINS GOT TALENT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I watched the programme also, and whole choice of musicians and singers to me was fantastic, well done Gary Barlow.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Thanks Tony:

I still know little and have not heard the single as yet:

But thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I do not tend, or rather try not to report / chat etc on things that I have no knowledge of and am amongst the first to apologise, correct or repair if and when I get things wrong.

On a downer reported is: Crowds flood into the Mall for Buckingham Palace Jubilee concert as Kylie dons plastic poncho to rehearse in the rain

But would hope and am certain all will be a success.

All is said that the concert will be headlined by ex-Beatle Paul McCartney, who was present at the soundcheck this afternoon, prompting concert organiser Gary Barlow to tweet that he felt like a 'complete beginner' next to the rock legend.

Also set to perform later tonight is a world-class line-up of musical stars including Sir Elton John, as well as current chart toppers Jessie J and Ed Sheeran.

My inside info leads me to believe that although you mentioned the Opera singers on the balconies, Madness are meant to do a Brian May on the roof of the palace - apparently knocking out Our House:

Fingers crossed:

Best wishes and regards,

Enjoy !

NEWS FLASH: Just been informed that Prince Phillip has been rushed to hospital and will not now attend this evening. I am certain all on site would pass on best wishes if it were possible.

The Duke of Edinburgh has been taken to hospital with a bladder infection and will miss the rest of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

Buckingham Palace said Prince Philip, 90, had been taken to the King Edward VII Hospital in London from Windsor Castle as a "precautionary measure".

A spokesman said the Queen would still go to the Jubilee concert at the palace - being attended by 12,000 people.

The prince will remain in hospital under observation for a few days.

The prince had appeared to be in good health when he accompanied the Queen on Sunday on the royal barge the Spirit of Chartwell, which formed part of the rain-drenched Jubilee river pageant.

All the best wishes, hopefully, from us.

K.
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 4th June 2012 at 06:02 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Sing - Gary Barlow:

Sing - Gary Barlow & The Commonwealth Band featuring Military Wives:

On the Head of State's Jubilee we have all came together with this song. So glad that they included the whole Commonwealth instead of making it just a British thing.

LINK 1: Sing - Gary Barlow & The Commonwealth Band featuring Military Wives - YouTube

Please also remember another National, International: World tear jerker: Elton John - Goodbye England's Rose - Princess Diana's Funeral:

LINK 2: Elton John - Goodbye England's Rose - Princess Diana's Funeral - YouTube

Sadly Diana could not attend the Jubilee.

K.
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 8th June 2012 at 02:21 AM.