Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sycamore Trees

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Sycamore Trees

Is there any good tree surgeons on here.I have people living behind me with a massive sycamore tree about 40 ft high.They are not interested in discussiing the matter and have no intention of having it cut down.the tree is now begining to encroach on my property above ground so what the roots are doing below ground I dont know,this will definitely undermine the foundations of my house.The government brought in a law against Leylandii but nothing about trees other than that,the other day I phoned the council and I was informed that it was a civil matter,so in otherwords I would have to employ a Solicitor.I have seen cases like this in the past and once the action is started you are compelled to carry on with it and people have lost their homes in legal fees and still not won the case.I will have no compunction what so ever in drilling this tree and injecting something into it that will kill it off so any ideas will be greatfully welcomed.
    Regards.
    jim.b.

Tony Morcom Guest

Might be worth talking to the C.A.B Jim, or if your House Insurance carries Legal Assistance that too could be a good course of preliminary action.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Tree Insurance

Hi Jim,phone your insurance,tell them about the problem you are in,and they should help you.i'am still in the union for life and they willhelp me with any trouble with neighbours.From Ken

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Sycamore Trees.

Thanks for that info Ken,do you know what I have never thought about using my insurance for legal matters(not that I've realy had any) but it is there in the policy.I'm off on Saturday to my sons place in Croatia for a couple of weeks so I'l have a go at that when I come home.
    Regards.
    Jim.B

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default leafy tree good for wildlife?

hi shipmates hi JIM I had one out my garden grew to over 70 ft =over 20 years lovely shade in the summer but a pain in the winter in high winds? could have caused loads of damage to other houses a few are owned by money hungry buy to let landlords, and they would take me to the cleaners if my tree did any damage to they property, so I had it cut down no choice? cost me £750 good job with little damage or mess now that its gone, we have more light in the house and no worries about high winds. I was in luck no preservation order on tree, dont cut down any tree in the U.K. with one or you will be sorry{ fine £ 5000 min + costs'} I was lucky could get rid of the tree without any legal probelms from the council or any of the penny grabbing buy to let land-lord s I saved myself money in the longterm but miss the tree.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Have a huge one:

Have a huge Eucalyptus tree in our garden, only allowed to crop off approx 3 foot a year.

Will export:

Anyone want one ?

K.
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 28th May 2012 at 09:24 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Sycamore Trees

Hi Jim While not knowing the laws of your council it seems that the advice about going to your insurance company given by some of the guys is the right thing to do .I think the same thing would apply here in NZ .Wish you a pleasant time for your holiday regards Lou

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jim This is a little bit of the action when i had three tree's blown over into my yard from next door,I claimed for removal off my insurance as the owner of the tree's insurance wouldn't pay to remove them.I found out later that both parties must claim from their own insurance.Cost $1800.
    I had just finished having a beer with my neighbour in my yard and was entering my back door when they came down Roy Next door was as deaf as a newt never heard them come down and believe you me they made one hell of a racket.this all happened so quick when this storm blew up,down came the tree's.
    Click on link Below.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1338176016
    Last edited by Charlie Hannah; 29th May 2012 at 03:32 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not sure of the law in UK but here in Oz you are allowed to remove any part of a tree that encroaches onto your property and you are allowed to put the offending bits back to the neighbour.

You could also ring bark it and end it once and for all.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 28th May 2012 at 06:02 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

JIM every tree in the area is numbered so no chance of cutting it down you should ask the corporation for advise one thing to remember the same under ground as what there is above so the roots go every were?? i it may cause damage to your home they can take action over it.JP

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast