Likes (Received)

A taste of the Lash never hurt anyone,
    . Bligh.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN PRUDEN View Post
    JOHN the teachers of today have no control over kids they are a total different breed now?jp
    John,

Would you not agree that they, the teachers, are somewhat restricted in what they can do. Some parents have subrogated all responsibility to teachers and do precious little themselves.
    They need someone like OB (O'Brian) John. That will sort them out.

Brgds

Bill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

BILL a tail about OB passing the swimming test in Ginny gap baths as a good swimmer i and half the class had finished standing at the side of the pool in those surge pants and uncomfortable jerseys the instructors were talking at the side and one of the lads was in trouble in the water they were trying with the big hook thing to no avail so soft lad {me} went in after him as i was dragging him to the side the instructor was shouting look the first method all i could say was f..k the first method get him out ?? sitting in the classroom soaking wet a pool around my feet writing at the desk OB patted me on the back and said john take your arms of the desk you are getting your papers wet!!!! he was the type of mentor you needed firm but fair and all in all a good fella but not one to be messed withjp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Those where the days when teachers taught not like today where they only allocate homework and then sit back contenplating their next pay rise. There are still a few dedicated ones about but afraid that they are a dying breed. Go to school, move on to Uni then back to school to prepare kids for the workforce even though they have never experienced doing it. Am I the only one that can see a flaw in that system.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In the UK Les I would generally agree that teaching standards seem to have dropped to a serious low level since the darrk faar off post war days when I slid through the system , I know of hopless teachers and they were there fifty years ago . I think the 11+ exam sorting the kids out at eleven and again at thirteen gave some of us a chance to get a better education , at grammer schools where better teachers taught , gve us that ability to pass exams and basically do what we wanted , my year group , mostly from mining stock of north Derbyshire , consists of teachers , a Doctor , several self made businessmen and women , a very senior police officer , a physicist , a few engineers , some accountants and several nurses . WE took teh exm at eleven knowing that success was a key to a door , no private schools ,no academies just the bog standard system , before the comprehensive fair to all system evolved . The standards were watered then , and have been watered down every year since .

secondly the Health and safety , human rights , and politically correct brigades have taken the control off of the teachers and put it in the hands of the mob , I have heard from several sources he smart alec kid who says , so what , if you complain "sir " I'll tell my mum that you tried to touch my bum , and mum will go to the police and you will get the sack . Well Sir has a long suspension and the doom hanging over him , we have crippled teh authority that teachers had , and the good ones know how to get respect , but the mediocre have no hope .

I thought it sad that the Australian Girl Guides no longer pledge their allegiance to God and Queen , we disolve the traditions we undermine society .
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    All of us received the strap or cane for various infringements....................
    John, the near anarchy that you mention was farcical if you dont mind me saying.The punishment doled out to these kids was absolutely ridiculous.A couple of kids going on twitter or whatever saying lets all meet up and kick off in some town centre.Nobody turned up and the kids were given four years for inciting a riot!!!!Many kids caught on CCTV rounded up and locked up for just being there also kids locked up for 18 months for taking a bottle of water from a shop with a broken window.Whilst I will agree that the main perpertrators should've been locked up there was a lot of "Silly Kids" that lost their freedom and also recieved a criminal record that will affect them for the rest of their lives.Why was this? because it was a crime against the state.the government know that there will be more of this and they made an example of these kids to make sure that any future rioters will recieve the same punishment.You may think that I am standing up for criminalty,far from it.What annoys me reading the paper people are involved in all sorts of crime that should've been given 10 years and they walk away with a slap on the hand.Take the case of an Asylum Seeker he drives a car no licence,tax or insurance kills a kid does a runner and walks from court free.Can't deport him because of his Civil Liberties.This is why the law is mad.Many drug dealers etc get less time than these kids who did it "For A Laugh"
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rob I agree that the system we where brought up in was not always the best but still think that we had it over todays lot in a big way. Maybe the school I went to was lax but do not think so. As I recall as a kid the only thing I took to school was myself and after school is when additional learning began by adventures and working out what to do with the time before having to go home to put the feed bag on. We learnt self reliance and confidence to do what ever we wished to do. Today you see them going to school with back packs that would put a soldier to shame and after school have to do all the work that should have been done while at school so hence no free time. No wonder they go beserk when they do finally have time to themselves. Sure we might have ended up with sore backsides or hands from punishments but the teachers did keep control of us all. Now the teachers have nearly 13 weeks paid leave then they get pupil free days (thats a rort if anything) coupled with free periods during the day so that the teachers have free time. To top this all we have school zone speed restrictions here in Oz which is a joke at the local high school because most of the kids are home before they are enforced so what with student free days, free periods and sending the kids home about one in the afternoon just when do our kids get the education that they deserve. Remember that with our free time most of us had a mum that was home all the time to help us. Got to take your hat of to todays kids that do get educated because they more or less educate themselves at home with the aid of the computer. But miss out on what we had which was freedom.

Think the PC mob have turned it all upside down now. Schools look after the kids welfare and the parents educate the kids of today but no one has told the parents this yet.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4