Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sitting Quietly

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Sitting Quietly

This is just a little lighthearted something!
    I was just sitting outside on my Deck Yesterday 9th Feb with my small BBQ Going,it was raining and cool,so a very enjoyable time to just relax.cook a wee bit of lovely Lamb Chops,Potatoes,and Corn on the open Fire!
    Nice and quiet all alone,and looking out at the lovely greenery of the Bush at the rear of my property!
    The Birds were Chirping quite loud looking for some food,so i oblidged them with their daily feed!
    I often just sit there with my inner thoughts,which are many and varied,and it feels that i am completely alone with no one else at all in the World!
    Oh the serinity of it all,i just love those moments!
    What do you do to relax completelySmall BBQ 002.jpg!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds good Vernon, but with temps the way they are here at moment, a glass of wine in front of the fire is more the order of the day. Cheers, Albi

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Doc,
    A nice way to relax with the BBQ, we do this in the summer, but with the temperatures in the minus, and thats here on the Island, its the same as Albert, a glass of wine and a good book in front of the log fire, but we are still dodging the snow here!!! regards Keith Tindell

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now if i wasnt a Teetotaller i certainly would have a wee sip of a really good Wine whilst sitting there! hahaa! Ginger Beer is my Limit !LOL!
    Cheers! In more ways then one!

PS Yep i recall when i was on Holiday in the UK in 2003 visiting my Daughter through Dec and Jan it was freezing then too,but is it not a bit late for such cold Weather now?
    Mind you its supposed to be Summer here and it feels like the start of Winter!

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Doc
    Sounds like my kind of relaxation, I have a large garden (yes in the Wind swept Western Isles of Scotland) and how I love to sit in a quiet corner to meditate, The sound of the wind through the trees and the Birds is all it takes to send me on my journey, my other passion is walking along the seashore at the end of my croft listening to the ever changing Atlantic roar, letting my memories linger on bygone days (yes even in the wind and rain)
    Regards Donald.

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi Vernon you sure look good relaxing its what ilke to do with a good book not a care in the world with all the trouble going on one thing about living in this part of the world we seem to be well away from it all hope you are keeping well looking forward to meeting CAPT KONG in a couple of weeks time regards lou

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Lou and Donald
    Yes its the way to go when one gets a bit peeved at whatever,and the sound of Nature is sure a good cure!

Thank you Lou we are well here,and yes also out of all that hustle and bustle of the mad World we live in these days!

Yes really looking forward to the meet with Capt Kong!
    Just a pity that it wont be for too long,i would have loved to spend a longer time with him,but he has so much to do and places to see!
    A great traveller and an excellent Story teller!

The fresh Mountain Air,and the silence is wonderfull!
    Unfortunately Donald i am far from the lovely Ocean,would love to be near,but the Mountains wont go to the Sea haha!
    So Lads just relax when and where you can,and life will be so much better!
    All the best to one and ALL!
    Cheers

R697530

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default sitting quietly

how i envy you, nice garden with a view,, none here, all i see is the house opposite, if no car parked by my window, too cold to go out, i love to sit and watch the sea, especially when rough, or watch the ships go by, nice to be alone at times, but i have had enough of being alone, 24/7 is not good, prefer the company of someone special with u, soon will be different, nice to see the sunshine, makes you feel good, i miss conversation, 2 degrees below here, and no sign of improvment, !yuk, best wishes, enjoy your view, Tony.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now Vernon, if you were any good you would oan that fire to our cousins in UK suffereing up to minus 15 degrees.
    But I know what you mean about listening to nature, we have about 15 or so different species of birds visit our garden, some of then to nick the fruit off the trees, others just to sing. Love it, but also love to walk for miles along the beach in all weathers, or sit and watch the shipping in and around Port Melbourne.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The weather here in Uk pretty cold at the moment, but spring is just around the corner, and to hear the blackbird singing at dusk is just pure joy. I sometimes get up very early in springtime, and sit and listen to the dawn chorus, at that time you feel you have the world to yourself. One bird that i could sit and listen to forever,was while i was travelling in NZ recently, and that was the bellbird, absolute joy. Cannot recall hearing the bellbird in OZ, perhaps one of you guys out there could enlighten me? regards Keith Tindell

16. Likes N/A liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast