Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Bad and the Good

Tony Morcom Guest

Default The Bad and the Good

Is anyone else still having to put up with the fact that the bin men still haven't caught up from Xmas? We didn't have snow or even icy roads. Just the inefficient contractors employed by a council who has no clue what they are doing. urghhhh..... Moan over ~ its no good for the blood pressure!

As for the good. We had the unfortunate experience of having to dial 999 yesterday for an ambulance after my wife woke up paralysed from the waste down (she's a lot better today) I have nothing but praise for the whole system.Started off with a call to NHS Direct ( or whatever its called today) We got a call back within 5 minutes and then another call from a Dr less than 10 minutes after that. He advised missing out the Dr visit and to call 999. The lady on the ambulance switchboard was brilliant and talked me through everything including making sure my daughter was dealing with the situation ok. She insisted on staying on the line until a paramedic arrived within 5 minutes. The ambulance arrived in another 5 minutes. So we now had 3 medical professionals who could not have been nicer or more helpful. They took time and care with all the tests and then making sure my wife was as pain free as possible whilst being taken downstairs and out to the ambulance. Nothing was rushed and at no point did we feel as if we were an imposition. Eventually after several minutes further treatment in the ambulance whilst the paramedic stayed chatting to me and my daughter they even allowed my daughter to ride in the ambulance which she was overjoyed at. At the hospital, in what used to be called A&E but now for no apparent reason is called E.D., the staff were once again absolutely brilliant. Thankfully we were allowed home by late evening. However what was a very stressful episode for all concerned was made considerably easier by these NHS staff. Oh and yes the DR at the hospital was a coloured gentleman with an unpronounceable name but then I don't think they have British Drs in our hospital ~ probably cost too much.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Bad Good

Tony

Our thoughts are with you and your family at this time, hope things start to improve for you all, we are all with you on your passage to a safe haven.

All the best to you all
    Ivan

Gulliver Guest

Thumbs up N.h.s.........

I have nothing but praise for our overstretched NHS-the best in the world-that's why non-UK citizens come here-to take advantage(if not precedence) over us WASPS.-Now that is a term you never hear these days,although I always use it-perhaps it's non PC these days?
    I'm deliberately keeping off the Racism thread-but that evil muck-stirring renowned anti-white racist woman Diane Abbott,MP should be dismissed from the Labour Party.

Tony,you do seem get your unfair share of stress-I wish your wife all the best in managing her illness.,and wish her very many more good days than bad.

Gulliver

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Tony, I wish your wife all the best with her health and do hope that an improvement can be made soon.
    but then I don't think they have British Drs in our hospital ~ probably cost too much. Tony.
    My son is a Doctor and Consultant in a UK Hospital, and is quite world famous for his work and research, in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Oncology.
    All Doctors are on the same Pay Scale, regardless of colour. so an English Doctor is paid the same as a Coloured Doctor if they have the same qualifications and experience in their chosen Speciality.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Tony,

Sorry to hear about your wife and i hope she gets better soon .

Dont get yourself uptight about the bin men it wont do your own health any good.

All the best,

John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

you sure have your set backs hope everything turns out ok for you regards lou

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tony, so sorry to hear about your wife and I do hope she is feeling better now. It's wonderful when the system works, isn't it?

The last time I was in the UK, towards the end of my stay I got bronchitis. My cousin - thinking I wasn't well enough to fly home and wanting backup - took me to her doctor, who had no problem seeing me and was very nice. He diagnosed me, gave me a prescription and sent me on my way, unfortunately telling me I would be able to travel, ha ha. This was in '96 so I don't know what it's like now but I was very impressed with the care I received.

You've certainly had a lot to deal with and I do hope things get better for your family.

Cheers!
    Ron's Daughter
    R399144

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default ED:

ED: is straight forward Emergency Department, an attempt to deal with only real emergencies, rather than accidents: Differing is not working, they still get the cranks. I only hold an high esteem for many of my mates and there colleagues that in a days work: SAVE LIVES.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks as if the Uk system is very much like ours here in Oz. Overworked and most certaily under paid. Yet they carry out their duties without complaint. One of our problems here though is the mis-use of the emergency departments. Many could esaily go to see their GP but go to emergency and take places that need to go to genuine cases. Misuse of the sytem is the problem, but no matter the colour of their skin or where they came from I have always found anyone in this profession to be amongst the best of people.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

tony i am glad to here you wife is on the mend its a pity people don't spend a day in the AE department and see for themselves the good work those angels do? my daughter in law is a nursing sister and she tells of the abuse they get from drunks and drug addicts on a daily basis the likes of drunks should be charged a fee for being taken care of. as one who unfortunately had a heart attack and a stroke in the same day the staff were second to none i was told there were 8 staff in the ambulance outside the emergency department and rushed through to resuscitation unit i have nothing but praise for the good people that keep us going. and on another point the staff that saved me nearly all were of a different colour or race than me? bless them all.john

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast