Thread: High Speed rail link

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default High Speed rail link

on the news last night (Sunday), David Cameron explicitly stated that he was a 'green man' and nothing would sway him from village life and greenfields etc. So who is responsible for suggesting that thousands of acres of the finest English countryside should be dug up and woodlands destroyed and peoples homes demolished -for what? anew hi speed railway twix London and Brumingham just so that the journey tome between the 2 cities han be reduced by a few minutes. This is --if I could spell the words to describe my feelings over this , absolutely ludicrous, and a complete waste of an enormous amount of money
    any-one agree with me?
    Cheers
    Colin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Rubbish

Colin,it looks on the cards that it is going to get the go ahead in the next couple of weeks Cost only£130 million a mile,that is todays price these projects always have a habit of going over time and way over budget.Schools are falling to bits,no money in the kitty to replace or even repair them.Cut back on NHS good style,police budget slashed Social Services decimated making many people prisoners in their home.I could go on like one million young people between 16 and 24 out of work and may never experience what it is like to work in their lifetime.This is where the money should be going.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Tony Morcom Guest

Thoroughly agree Colin. Total waste of money and resources plus totally unnecessary decimation of another part of this once green and pleasant land.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This once green and pleasant land will soon be the white concrete land the way they are going. Saw an article about this last week. 47 minutes from London to Birmingham, for what I ask? Sad to see a 400 year house in the path will have to go, but what happens whene there is no green land left to use up?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller