Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Horrific Motorway Crash

Gulliver Guest

Default Police....

Tony,re ‘the Police are looking for a scapegoat upon which to blame the accident’. Where did you get that from?. I suspect that might just be an unfortunate choice of words.
    Unless you are a police-hater(which I don’t think you are ,just going by your demeanour on this site- a politician-hater,yes,but not a police-hater ),then I think you mean that ‘the press and the public are looking for a scapegoat upon which to blame the accident…and as has been stated by quite a few of us throughout this thread of yours… the public ,who are mainly very anti-police in this country-will want to blame someone or something ,rather than the possible negligence or omission by themselves in causing or reacting to the horrific events which unfolded in this tragedy.
    Police? You know,those very same police,who instead of dealing with a theft from your garden shed,or arresting bank robbers, (where are they when you need a policeman ? }are extricating people and bodies from blazing vehicles, assisting the other emergency services to avoid further carnage,knocking upon doors up and down the country telling shocked relatives that their loved ones will not be coming home ever again….

As Roger says they will not be looking for a scapegoat -they will be looking for a reason for the incident…and they will find it.
    It’s going to take several weeks,and meanwhile the public and press will just have to clench their teeth when they call a policeman out ,and none turns up,to their local High Street on Friday night ,because the lager-louts are smashing bus shelter windows and causing fights with club doormen,or dealing with ungrateful high-class students and ‘travelling rent-a-mob ‘ benefit -receiving protesters camped out outside London tourist attractions.

I can never understand why the Police and other Emergency Services so often receive unwarranted adverse reaction and comment from press and public,when they are the very same organisations that will come to their assistance in time of need....

Gulliver

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have to say, if no investigation happened and as a result, a cause was not found for the accident, should a similar accident happened again, who would get the blame and be castigated for dereliction of duty - the Police. Dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

Personally, I would like to know how and why my loved ones were involved in the accident, especially if they died as a result of it and I would also want justice if people were proved negligent.

If the Rugby Club is found to blame, then the organizor's of the display will have to live with that for the rest of their lives but that investigation and result will make sure it wont happen again, one would hope.

Chris.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Tony Morcom Guest

mmmm, yes I get the point from both yourself Davey and Roger. No I am NOT anti the Police per say, however I do take a dim view of the Assist Chief Constable stating, the day after the accident, that their investigations are centering on the Rugby Club, when its already been stated that it will take weeks if not months to find the cause. By him stating that, the public conception will automatically be that it IS the Rugby Clubs fault! Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't but the point is that no one can possibly know yet!!

I agree whole heartedly with Roger that the follow up up vehicles that subsequently crashed was down to driver error. However what caused the first vehicle to lose control or crash???? The main and seemingly credible eyewitness to date has stated categorically that it wasn't smoke, it was fog. By the time the emergency services arrived on scene there was smoke but perhaps that was because by that time the smoke had interacted with the fog bank which had come up from nowhere just before the crash.

Scapegoat maybe an unfortunate choice of words but we have already recently had a similar example of this with the Jo Yeats murder case where the Police announced that her landlord had been arrested for her murder. In fact it was proven to be nothing to do with him whatsoever. The Police should not be allowed to make these "statements" until they are certain of their facts. This is a personal opinion and I feel strongly about it rightly or wrongly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was taught, as i hope were all of you to drive to conditiond and not speed limits. So many time I see lunatic drivers at or beyond the limit regardless of conditions. We had an accident here recently on a feeder road. The driver involved blamed the road surface saying he had hit a pot hole he had seen the day before and had not been fixed. The police procecuted him for careless driving and won. Freeway speeds are normally here in the 100 or 110 klm. somehwre in the region of 70 mph. If you sit on the limit of 100 you will cover that 100 in 60 minutes.But if you travel at 95 kph you will add only 3 minutes to you journey time. But the difference in speed could mean the difference in hitting or not hitting the vehicle in front in an emergency stop.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Tony Morcom Guest

Now this just goes to show how stupid the British justice system really is. 2 items of local news tonight.

1st: A 50 year old man has today been charged by police for causing the motorway crash in this thread. He is being charged because he arranged the bonfire display at the local rugby club which was claimed to be indirectly responsible. The fact that a) a sudden fog bank rolled in along the local river b) hundreds of people paid to go an watch the fireworks and c) undoubtedly there was an element of driver error as well seems irrelevant. The police have got their man.

2nd: A man has been sent to prison for the murder of a woman in Swindon last year. He was caught using CCTV evidence and whilst in custody admitted murdering a 2nd woman. However he can't be charged for the 2nd murder because the police did not caution him properly during the original interview.

I just do not understand the logic behind this at all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tony, I was once told by a senior barrister that there is no connection between justice and the law.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was told that John, my Lawyer said you will not get Justice, you will get Law.
    This was when I was divorcing my first wife for her adultery.
    How true.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

brian i got happyness when i got divorced

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry I dfidnt see you at the Vindi this year Clancy, No Beer this time as my brother sold his brewery and retired.
    I was a little incapacitated after a spell in hospital.
    Maybe next year, with No beer
    Cheers
    Brian.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3