Thread: Saturday afternoon OZ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Saturday afternoon OZ

Have A much betterServer response now . So elated ,to sit down ,review Posts .send E.Mails . and best of Alll To Open and access The Old Friends Website.

Having been resident in this country for some 45 years feel I have some valid concerns.

Having first arrived here in earlyAapril 195on the Cragmoor ,Runcimans, ,And consequently spending some few years on the P&O liners Someimes cruising from Sydney to the Polynesian isles .So feelI iIhave some contribution to make.Regarding qz ,as it was then ,compared to now. We have a prime miisteress, ,who as a Taff, .idon't have any commitments to. For all her background . barry , Glamorgan ,connections. SOrry Keith . (TREgenna,) But I had more time in the Chain Locker bar.of the barry Dock Hotel, or it's environs. than She can ever lay claim to..
    i'm currently ,sitting in front of the P.C. fotified by my combination of mixture , Muscatel , and Bundaberg rum."Viva Espana" if by now one hasn't ascertained , I could be ' |THree sheets to the Wind'"it will become obvious in the punctuation as I progress.With the thoughts fEvan .Lewis A .B etc . etc,including three discharges of leading seaman,I've never figuredv that one out as I;ve never ever met ,knowingly, of anyone in my sphere , with thah stamped in their Book Open to see.
    Changing Tack now.I.d like to first thank Brian for creating a Forum wheras us Seamen ,who speak another Language can get together. The wide diversity of backgrounds wnich appear on His Web -Site is Testament enough,Oh! by the way, .Hope those who were unable to spare a few coppers in order to help maintain this great outlet. That their circumstances have improved .
    For any Readers who may have spent their two years ,,on thge Aussie coast in the late Forties early Fifties , Ropners ,curries of Leiyh, Chapmans, Seagers of cardiff etc. Sometimes now a bottle of the Penfolds can reach more than sixty thou, dollars Beats the two or three aussie shillings in those days?
    Been reading today of interest the many contributions tio the Site re. the Cpr. tthe pig and Whistle's et al.
    Very informative,Seems I missed out onthe Beaver boats, feel quite envious on reading of the lifestylyle associated with them. I used to glance at tthe beaver boats and think ,what A Forest of Derricks m,Sampson posts. Wetern ocean run Etc, now I see culd have been all worthwhile, ,particularly antwerp, Montreal ,the Chantickleer nightclub ,in St, Catherine Street. Would have made it all worthwnhile.
    also in the readings this afternoon ,,the correspoindents ,iuiiving ,Newcastle, N.S. W. .I Spent five Happy
    years there . great!
    Getting off Site now. . Need a nother Drappy of the mixture.
    p.s. nice to read the contributions re, Smiths of Gardiff. Glan in particular would be interested KEEP HER .Steady!

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Evan it would appear you have spent some time of late in the fog locker, and why not, is that not what a Saturday afternoon is for? There are many ex pats like you and I here and no doubt many wonder how we came to inherit such a prime ministeress as this one. Funny thing is I do not recall killiing and Chinamen, maybe we just drew the short straw. But summer is a coming with sand and sea to follow, who would be anywhere else but here in God's won country even if it is run by some sheep.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller