Article: Seeking the Sunny Spots (Winter Cruising 1962)

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jump to Comments

Seeking the Sunny Spots (Winter Cruising 1962)

3 Comments by Doc Vernon Published on 17th September 2018 10:40 PM
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 17th September 2018 at 11:53 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

2. Total Comments 3

Comments

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Seeking the Sunny Spots (Winter Cruising 1962)

Cruising now is hardly like anything proposed in that article, conditions, ships, ports of call ver different now.
    But it is of great interest to look back at how it was then.
    Sadly nostalgia is not what it once was.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes Captain Kong, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We are off to Miami in January to join the AMSTERDAM , sailing to San Blas Islands, Columbia, Panama,Equador, Peru, Chile, then to Easter Island or RAPA NUI as it should be called to see all those giant statues, Pitcairns Island, Tahiti, Moorea , Bora Bora, Tonga , four ports in NEW ZEALAND , Four ports in Australia, Sydney to Darwin, Comodo Island, Bali Java, and then we leap off in Singapore for a few days, to see my son and family who arrive the same day as us and to see other friends there.
    The ship carries on through the middle east ,Suez and to Europe, but I do not waste my money on those ports.

Getting the money spent, my brother had all his money and savings taken from him when he went into a care home with Dementia, he died 12 months ago, He was going to go on cruises when he retired but at the end he had nothing left .So get your money spent, before it is too late. They are waiting to take it off you and your family.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    We are off to Miami in January to join the AMSTERDAM , sailing to San Blas Islands, Columbia, Panama,Equador, Peru, Chile, then to Easter Island or RAPA NUI as it should be called to see all those giant statues, Pitcairns Island, Tahiti, Moorea , Bora Bora, Tonga , four ports in NEW ZEALAND , Four ports in Australia, Sydney to Darwin, Comodo Island, Bali Java, and then we leap off in Singapore for a few days, to see my son and family who arrive the same day as us and to see other friends there.
    The ship carries on through the middle east ,Suez and to Europe, but I do not waste my money on those ports.

Getting the money spent, my brother had all his money and savings taken from him when he went into a care home with Dementia, he died 12 months ago, He was going to go on cruises when he retired but at the end he had nothing left .So get your money spent, before it is too late. They are waiting to take it off you and your family.
    My attitude, two cruises a year as long as I am healthy and wealthy, no intention to leave it for some other bludger to enjoy.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Captain Kong liked this post