Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Submersible missing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Submersible missing

Oh the time is now running out fast, and i wonder will there be any chance of Survival??
    What a terrible way to go. Such a tragedy, with all our Modern know how, and still nothing seems can be done . Will a Miracle Happen! I Pray it will.

What time the missing Titanic tourist submarine will run out of air (ladbible.com)
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

2. Thanks j.sabourn, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Or the calls In answer to the ships wheelhouse bells Des , and someone calling lights are burning bright and all’s well. However in this case things are not well .Cheers JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#21 Its a No win situation Vernon they can’t survive outside their present habitation unless transferred by air lock to another similar abode for their habitation whilst being transferred to the surface. They can’t survive in the sea itself at whatever depth they are at which depending on the depth which is probably hundreds of tons per square inch , and would be crushed Immediately . Their only slight hope is the available air that still remains in their living quarters which will in the last periods of time probably only exist in any mask and air bottles they may have as a last resort. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 22nd June 2023 at 05:49 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Low temperature is also a problem for them, said to be no more than two degrees down there.

But if a submersible then One would think they act similar to a sub.
    Tanks fill with water, sub goes down, tanks pumped out sub comes up.

How does this one work I wonder?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John
    On reading about this they say that the Lower Temperature will actually help down there as things get worse the Hearbeat Slows down a lot in lower Temp. This would assist in allowing the Body to be more at ease and thus not use the well needed Oxygen . ?? Debatable!
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 22nd June 2023 at 06:49 AM.

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only vessel the RN had in 1980 able to do a rescue of survivors from a bottomed submarine was the well out of date HMS Reclaim , second to that was mv.Seaforth Clansman. It was the one and main reason we didn’t accompany the fleet down to the Falklands as the navy wouldn’t commit it too far away from where may be needed as would leave that area exposed . They were busy building their own vessel think it was HMS Challenger. However going by what I heard on the grapevine on completion the Challenger proved to be a white elephant , as due to the information gained from the Falklands war and the intelligence that it provided on how easily aluminium burned and which a lot of that material had been put into her building , her commission was not too long under the White Ensign . The Challenger was not built as a DSV purely for the one job , but a ship for all seasons . Seasons being jobs. What the RN has today I haven’t a clue. The Clansman I tried to follow her career and got as far where she was looking for gold off the seabed somewhere off West Africa. Probably been made into razor blades a long time ago. Cheers JS
    PS the gold may of been diamonds JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 22nd June 2023 at 06:59 AM.
    R575129

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#24 The conventional submarine has to return to the surface at fixed times to recharge its battery’s unless of course it is nuclear , how long have batteries of the one in Question now been running without recharging.? Those persons running the hopeful rescue of live survivors will have all these consequences on paper if not on computer , and are probably getting continuous up dates from the same . The people doing these jobs will try and keep people’s hopes alive but underneath they will keep their own thoughts to themselves . The time limits which we have heard from the media for once in my life hope they are incorrect , they haven’t even found the vessel yet so they don’t even know what type of rescue will be involved yet. It’s alright for onlookers to discuss the whys and wherefores but it is always the people who have the hopeful outcome of success that will suffer now and later probably for years questioning themselves that they did everything in their power to achieve success. I believe they have, but they started from a losing position on not knowing the position of the vessel, which I find so hard to believe. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 22nd June 2023 at 11:45 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This just happened over a week ago.
    On 14 June 2023, a fishing boat smuggling migrants sank in international waters in the Ionian Sea off the coast of Pylos, Messenia, Greece. The boat, which left Tobruk, Libya, on 10 June, carried an estimated 400 to 750 migrants. The search and rescue effort by Greek authorities rescued 104 survivors. Never gets a mention now. But 3 Billionaires out on a jolley in a bathtub go missing and it is on every news outlets streaming service 24 hour a day. Yes it is sad. I do find it difficult to have a lot of sympathy when things go wrong for so called adventure tourists. Mentioned it on an earlier post perhaps the ghosts of the 1500 souls who went down with the Titanic have had enough of these adventure tourists now come and join us. Hopefully that will be the last dive on to the Titanic. May they rest in peace.
    Last edited by James Curry; 22nd June 2023 at 02:19 PM.

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think that we as seafarers knew deep down that this would be the result as more and more facts came to light, and all communication was lost. It was a Heath-Robinson concept and construction not approved by any regulatory body, nor had it even been submitted for any type of approval, it had been lucky in previous dives but was in fact a disaster waiting to happen and luck eventually ran out. A lot more is yet to come to light and the inventor may have been a clever man and innovator but in fact was playing with people's lives as well as his own. He is not the first person to be killed by his own invention. If it was an implosion, as is projected, then they will have known little about it, as unlike metal which gives warning creaks, the material it was made from is unlikely to have given any indication that all was not well, but the latter is of course is an assumption on my part

15. Thanks Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins, j.sabourn, N/A thanked for this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast