Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese weather ballon????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Chinese weather ballon????

WE have never had a mobile just the normal phone, talked about getting one for years but to expensive for a pensioner, will probably be in trouble shortly as Australia post said they lost money on the post for the first time ever this year; no one writing letters, and every time we get a bill they say go paperless, I'm going money less as it is what next? Was glad when the Govt sent us both a new petrol card for $250 free petrol.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

2. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#31 shouldn’t be too long now Des before all newborn wil enter this world with one already clagged to their ear. Like you never use a mobile if want to speak to me they know my phone number. As a kid never had a phone or car , was a much better life style,. Am now nearly back to the past without the good health to go with it. Cheers JS.
    R575129

4. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I rarely actually use my mobile as a phone. I use it primarily for having video calls with my son and grand daughters. It is free to use and it is just great to see my grand daughters live. I also use it as diary for appointments and gives me an alert that I have say a doctors appointment and such like. I use Sky mobile and it costs me £10.50 a month. I am not into forking out £xxxx for the latest models. Samsung A 6 nothing fancy just a basic smart phone. Must have had this one now for 5 years at least.

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have friends and family over seas who think WHATSAPP is free.
    Tried to explain that it all comes out of monthly data allowance but no, it is free they keep saying.

'Who are you' tried to set up a 5G network here in Oz, but no go said the gov.
    Mobiles have their use but for some it is almost like being on life support.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On the news tonight the Americans have just shot down another object over Alaska , they said it was the size of a small car.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#34 Luckily, as long as you're connected to Wi-Fi, WhatsApp chats will always be free.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Colin.
    I hope that no pilot makes an error and flies off course over the States, before he could say May Day he and his passengers would be air dust.
    Biden said they didn't know if it was military or civilian, but shot it down anyway just in case, god help anyone who builds a a little plane for himself and goes up to try it out.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des, there is now a small flying car built and tested.
    Any thing is now possible, even Biden running for a second term. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    When I worked for the Sydney Water Board, we were all waiting to be sacked, so in Western Sydney we were in one big site, some electricians had lit a fire in a rubbish bin to keep warm, they then decided to get a big black rubbish bag and used some cable s to tie it to the bin, when the hot air built up it took off way up in the air and drifted away out of sight. Wonder what Biden would have done , maybe ordered it to be shot down and showered the town with hot coals.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don’t think Biden would have ordered it to. Be shot down Des, if had to wait for a dozey old man who probably spends most of his working day in the toilet on an off day , then don’t think America would stand much chance in any future war. Decisions are made on the spot , by people able and competent to make them by pre-laid standing orders . Whoever owned the balloons was probably their aim to time the response time and as said just a probe for that purpose. If it ever comes to the decision to set off the big one , hope he doesn’t misplace the magic box or maybe drops it down the toilet . Myself I wouldn’t sleep at nights if I thought he was on watch on the bridge. JS.
    The first thing in any future all out war which will be very short , is that all communications will be the first target. So those with mobile phones for example will find little use for them , so Des being a wise man that you are , you will know not to invest in one now as may not get much use out of it . Were you working for the water board about 1998 ? I was working out of Sydney about then and we just helped ourselves to the water as required. That was on the passenger berths when they were empty . For the berth itself plus the water was only about $80 a day. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 14th February 2023 at 04:08 AM.
    R575129

16. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast