Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The great reset

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The great reset

I am aware that TATA still manufacture in Uk, they did not move the industry to India.
    With Land rover here in Oz TATA have developed a special rate of service charges as conditions for driving here ae very different to many countries.
    Though the book may say 15000 KLM between services it may be the need for maybe 10000 KLM in some districts depending on conditions.
    Many Bush roads create so much dust filters may need to be changed more often than for city drivers.

Because of distance and import charges Land Rover and many other quality vehicles such as BMW or Mercs do cost a fair bit more than in UK.
    Basic Discovery now sells for about $107,000
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Likes Graham Payne, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cannot understand why anyone would want to drive a Chelsea tractor in a city.

If the Aus$ is 1.82 to £ a new Discovery in the UK cheapest model diesel model £57225 petrol £61,880

So John it is cheaper to buy in Australia

4. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John hit send before I finished my post so if the Aus$ is about $1.82 x £61880 = Aus $ 112,621.
    Lead time on a new 2023 models are

Defender models (90, 110, and 130) are all 9-12 month delivery times regardless of the engine selected. Defender models can only be financed using Personal Contract Purchase, Lease Purchase, or Cash Purchase. Discovery models are all 6-9 month delivery time with only the D300 and P360 engines available.
    Getting a new car here now in the UK the lead times are long maybe as much as 6 to 8 months.

I went into order a new KIA Stonic and the delivery times are coming down 3 months .
    MG ZS some models are available now but you may not have a choice of colour average delivery time is 2 months.

Because of long waiting times for new cars the used car values for cars upto 3 years old (Low Milage) has risen. My 2019 car on trade in on new the deprication is less than £1500.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James, same here in Oz, waiting time.
    But for Land Rover not so bad, only a couple of months.

But for Toyota anything up to 18 months with as many as four price rises in that time, all passed on of course.
    Like you second hand cars are almost the same price as new.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes James Curry liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

https://youtu.be/Gljtvwhcdhc
    Skip the ads and turn up the volume. The reality of politics.

10. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Does not seem to open?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He speaks with truth, may be will vanish when the gov gets to hear him.
    Of course it is the working man to blame for all of this, the working man in gov that is.
    Whoops, just remembered those workers do not.

So who can we blame, well there is that old lady at number 10, never does much, or the down and out at number 11, take your pick.

No that will not be possible, the mines are closed now.

Be like us in Oz, back in the 1970 about 99% of the work force was unionised, now it is less than 12%.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Likes thomas michael, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

At risk of falling foul of Mr.McFly again but I have to say that this is also part of the WEF agenda - create unrest among the populations so that they become dependant on
    governments for protection. Sorry folks but just had to point it out .

15. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My view which does not suit the majority is .....before i follow any playing bands .....promises of utopia or valhalla.....i try to see reasoning ......my view today without pessisim is my country is in trouble .....but i cast back to the reasons for this ie bad management .....poor opposition to the management and a cartel based on.....whether i fly a plane with hundreds of souls aboard or a bus with 30 aboard i want the same as you ......well sadly that does not and cannot work.....and never will .....falling back to my seafaring days isee the ship in a sinking condition in extreme weather ....but sadly the cry is i WANT MY WHACK.....NOT LETS SAVE THE SHIP ....the face seen mostly on tele is of course mick lynch ......the media love his humpty dumpty look.....but no mention of thousands of members of that union turning to and standing bye......the drop in union members in oz is unbelievable......it will soon drop to the same level as oz here....to me if there is a shortage of water like at sea we all took sips ......not the biggest gobs sipping all...the herd is galloplng non will stop it ....the cliffs are ahead .....we dont hear much of the word GREED now.....the pollies are there for that ......the people must learn as nice as it would be .....we cant pay the peggy as much as the old man....R683532 CAPPY............. PLEASE NOTE NO SWEARING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are talking in all honesty as you see it Cappy and many of us have similar feelings to yours. The first obligation of any citizens duty is to his country and his fellow citizens. There are people on this site who are even now trying to disrupt the word loyalty , and we all know those who are always preaching against Britain and try to cause dissent . I have no idea what this WEF agenda stands for and don’t particularly want to know , but do know there are those among us wishing to cause as much dissention as possible , and they are that obvious it bewilders me that no one seems to care they have used various names over the years but are the same, I don’t go on other sites but my guess is they are frequent visitors there also , so John Cassels post I can’t answer in all honesty as I
    would like . Cheers , Right always gets there sometime, regardless of casualties . Hope Pat is speaking to you again that will keep you awake wondering what I am talking about. Have a good Christmas , notice I’ve spelt it right Remember politicians are only secondary in the scheme of things , they are dispensable at any time . The people themselves are the nation not a bunch of incompetents who come and go at frequent intervals JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 15th December 2022 at 01:50 PM.
    R575129

18. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast