Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bid for Leadership Race....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Bid for Leadership Race....

hi des #29
    good morning, i note your being astute in seeing the obvious, it looks to me as though the virtue signalling from the inner conservative party sanctum have decided that not only do we need to change the colour of the wallpaper in number 10, but we need a similar make over for the face of the conservative party, But it seems that even the new coloured wallpaper should carry a health warning as the front runners are not only back stabbing each and every other member but it is endemic in their individual cultures to bribe and blackmail their way forward, and this is coming to the forefront with the front runner being a non domicile tax evader with a green card to live and work in america and a large fortune, ( i dont see him as leader much longer ) the other a egyptian business man being investigated by the tax and the authorities for money laundering , there are a lot more facts or dirt to follow as these are early days,and whom ever they choose and whatever shade of wallpaper they decide on i do believe that when it comes around to the general election the electorate,and mainly the nearly fifteen million brexit voters whom helped to put them in office, will have their say on the matter, and this will have a huge impact on the conservatives actually staying in office never mind in goverment.
    tom
    Last edited by thomas michael; 11th July 2022 at 11:13 AM.

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#32 Anyone remember Lerwick in the 1970s before the influx of people seeking asylum ? The only alien I can remember up there was Eskimo Nell a real Innuit if ever there was one. If she is still alive would make maybe a nice roundup for alien names for the Cabinet. Maybe they should send their Whip up there if they still have one, to round her up to see if she is available . She could be the new minister for foreign affairs, either in government or in opposition. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: The Bid for Leadership Race....

"Mr.Speaker-(or Admin,Doc Vernon!")may I take this opportunity to address the honourable members here of the Shadow cabinet?
    Thank You ! "My little spy (no-,not Laura Kuenssberg) in the inner sanctum of the Kremlin at Labour Party HQ at 105 Victoria Street has been aware that mumblings of an 'abnormal preponderance' of non-English names in the present Governing Conservative party may lead to the likelihood of Great Britain being open to the possibility of being renamed 'Little India'
    Would the House please take note,according to my spy's memo to me,that in the (unlikely) event of the opposition forming a UK government,that the current composition of that Labour party would be no better as regards foreign names or those of foreign origin..."

"Mr.Speaker,in the four minutes allowed,let me introduce....

Shabana Mahmood (National Campaign Co-ordinator)

Daniel Zeichner-Shad.Minister for Food,Farming and Fishing
    David Lammy (Foreign Sec.)
    Lisa Nandy (Levelling Up)
    Rosina Allin-Khan (Mental Health
    Preet Kaur-Gill (Int'national Development)
    Thangam Debbonaire (Shad.Ldr. House of Commons)
    Seema Malhotra(Small Business)
    Imran Hussain (Work)
    Chi Onwurah (Science and Research)
    Lord (Steve Bassam (Shad.Spokesperson Culture/Digital
    Bambos Charalambos (Middle East and N.Africa)......

Mr.Speaker, there are more,but I rest my case-yes,it is rather heavy,-thank you !"
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 11th July 2022 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You’ve forgotten Sir Ivon Leathertights KG chief Whip. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 11th July 2022 at 12:42 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wink Re: The Bid for Leadership Race....

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    You’ve forgotten Sir Ivon Leathertights KG chief Whip. JS
    Hmm...,now who would that be? Tory or shadow -(appropriate designation !),oh silly me, it can only mean it's a Lib Dem then !Spanker.gif

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

An ex member of the Raving Looney party , now an independent sitting on the sidelines waiting to see which party needs his expertise when in power. ? JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Party membership!! more British born Asians and other non white groups are taking control of Tory, Labour, Lib Dems and other political parties. Likely reasons are perhaps British Whites are disillusioned with Politics. Local parties, when it comes to selection for the local MP for the General elections. Non white party members have gained control of the selection committees at some local branch levels.In all likely hood it will be a non white person will win the selection process. This is likely to be the case in cities with high non white populations, London, Birmigham, Manchester, Leeds, Bradford to name a few.
    Only way to reverse this trend is to become a member of the Party that matches your politcal views. 87.1% of people in the 2011census registered as being White.

In 2015 General election there were 41 non white MP's,2017 52 non white MP's, 2019 there were 65 MP's. There are 22 Jewish MP's, 18 Mus-lim MP's. these figures are sourced from Wiki. Apologies no offence intended to any ethnic or religous groups in my post.

If people are concerned at the way numbers are increasing for certain groups we know how to deal with it. Those who do not like the trend should become a member of a party that fits your political views. In 1953 Conservative Party membership stood at 2.8 million. At the last election memebership was down to 180,000. Cannot find what Labour party membership was in 1953 but in 2019 it was 480,000 and lib Dems 115,000.
    Last edited by James Curry; 11th July 2022 at 11:26 PM.

9. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think politics are going through the same stresses as the British Merchant Navy did we are seeing the redundancies now, the next thing will be the 6 months running agreement and only 72 hours notice needed. The big turnover will not be so noticeable then. However with the maritime Agreement one had to pay their own fares home , so hope the political agenda follows the same code. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Graham 35# and James 39#
    Thank you for those posts, I never thought that there were that many people of ethnic background in the parliament in Britain, they surpass Aus by a big margin, even with the huge number of people who have emigrated or sneaked into Aus over the last 15 years. My assessment of the politics in the UK will have to have a complete overhaul after 65 years away LoL
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A Tory MP who smashed his car into a telegraph pole, demolishing it, was wearing a women's wig, leather mini skirt and high heel shoes.
    He is yet to announce if he will join the race to become the next prime minister.

13. Thanks Keith Tindell, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, James Curry, Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast