Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bid for Leadership Race....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Bid for Leadership Race....

hi graham #106
    good afternoon, For my vote it would have to be liz truss, although it would have to be as a last resort, if i where to vote tory in the next elections, which i do not intend to.
    There will be be other alternatives that will come to the fore-front in the coming months, and labour and the tories will suffer badly, as i dont believe the electorate will be fooled as easily next time round.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#105 Can he now sit in the Upper house seeing as Her Majesty has personally made the ex-Labour PM a Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter - meaning he's now called Sir Tony?

3. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Australia has benefited more from China than America in the last fifteen years, Exports to the Sates are not going to keep Aus viable, but exports to China were; until our last Govt went tits up with them. Now there is cautious optimism that our new foreign Minister has met with her counterpart in China. We should be the best country in the world what with China and Indonesia wanting to buy our stuff, except that Indonesia now has mad cows decease and their only a short distance away. Everyone can remember the huge defence Britain put up when they had it, we are letting people arrive here from Indonesia without even a shoe wash .
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

5. Thanks Graham Shaw thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: The Bid for Leadership Race....

So,in Sunday's televised Leadership contest debate: These are my personal views of course.

Rich Kid Soon Tax is still in pole position. Once again,both slick-and sick-making,for example when asked for his greatest weakness he said he worked too hard,and was a perfectionist.... a lot of modest trumpet fanfares there then,Rishi !
    But do we really want a left /left centre billionaire Remainer with lots of billionaire cronies to be a future PM? I think that would be disastrous. Eliminate him please someone- in the nicest sense of course..

Tom Tugendhaat- yes,I know, to we seafarers his name sounds like a tugmaster's preferred head- wear. He is a self confessed army person- and we don't want a military obsessed man in charge,can't think of any other virtues he possesses really...

Kimi Badenoch-again,too lightweight, but is probably well-meaning.Her reply to her biggest fault ? Says she is known to joke and make wise-cracks to get her point across. Well,Kimi,lovey, our stabbed-in-the -back ousted Boris was good,nay,very good at that.The only thing is,Boris had lots of charisma,but you sadly,do not.

Penny Mordaunt. OK in most respects but is suffering from former boss's critique of not being up to most tasks,one of them making the more appropriate 'Notting Hill' style remark that "Penny couldn't organise a tea party in Holland Park." We of course know it as-couldn't organise a pi55-up in a brewery..
    But to be fair in last night's debate when all the candidates were asked-would you include a position for Boris Johnson in your Cabinet-and they all, the shameful backstabbers declined,saying No..except Penny ,although saying No she was just about to make a mitigating comment extolling Boris's achievements,like Brexit, the Covid vaccine rollout,and his support for Ukraine-when she was promptly interrupted by the host Julie Etchingham (reading from her script)-well she is a news-reader after all,and is lost without her autocue -saying we have to go for a break.I could not believe it-it was an ITV programme,but it would be an action that the Biased Broadcasting Corporation would have approved and been proud of. I am now rapidly going off the Independent (but biased) Television Company-I can't stand their histrionic,arms flailing,voice rising and falling,political editor Robert 'Pesto sauce' Paston anyway!

So that leaves just...Liz Truss.You know I have to keep reminding myself,being something of an English language and literature person that she is not Lynne Truss, the author,dramatist etc.- her best known work about written English being -Eats Shoots and Leaves

To me,she has a lot of Boris's attributes,especially determination and feistiness, but maybe not the party-ness ! and seems to be growing a pair as well,which is needed for the top job. Now she would really give 'Wee Burney' in Scotland and Angela Rayner at Labour a proper catfight !
    Perhaps then after all it is time to give another woman a shot at leadership,after that disastrous Theresa May interludeCheers.gif

Ah ,me !
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 18th July 2022 at 09:28 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The vast majority of British people will shortly have a PM imposed on them by a minority of Tory party members.
    Democracy???
    When asked if there should be a general election for the country to decide the candidates all said no.
    Here we see where their priorities are, keeping their jobs and seats in Parliament.

8. Thanks Hazel Stringer thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Liz Truss, tie up the wings and legs of (a chicken or other bird) before cooking: Watch out Kemi & Penny
    Liz may be of use for some of us old hands a surgical appliance worn to support a hernia, typically a padded belt.
    As a PM, being a labour supporter I think she would fit the roll nicely she is already damaged goods owing to her association with Boris. Sunak summed her up last night when he asked her was she still a LIB DEM and a REMAINER. I think she is like a lot of them a person who takes advantage of opportunities as and when they arise, regardless of planning or principle. Or just simply put a back stabber I expect that is how Boris will view her along with others.
    Last edited by James Curry; 18th July 2022 at 09:48 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post 111, isn't that similar to how Labour vote?

11. Likes Graham Payne, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#113 They are all the same.Turkeys don't vote Christmas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The whole of the debate is now cancelled, the Tories are unhappy with the back biting. There will be one less at 8 o'clock tonight
    R689823

14. Likes Graham Payne, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Post 111, isn't that similar to how Labour vote?
    No Vic. Tony Blair stepped aside to let Gordon Brown take the reins.
    Mrs May resigned because she couldn't get her Brexit bill through Parliament.
    Boris the Clown is the only MP in history to be kicked out for lying.

16. Likes James Curry, Duke Drennan liked this post
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast