Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Hypocrisy of the Left

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hypocrisy of the Left

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #42 Just came in from the happy hour Tony as the first thursaday of the month and the ancient mariners night , what is left of it . $6 dollars Aust. A pint .normally $9. $2.5 a glass for boxed wine a glass $3.0 for bottled wine. Won $50 on the raffle so came home $35 richer . Who says drinking doesn’t pay ? JS

Vernon have just seen an advert recently in some paper for alcoholic ginger beer , that’s not the sort you drink is it.? I have never heard of it before so am looking at all the adverts press or media to see the cost , and will volunteer to try if they are looking for anyone. Cheers JS .
    alco pops have been around for years, sarsaparilla is good as is dandelion and burdock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Tony.
    Dandelion and Burdock was free when I lived in Wales, my father used to make it, we kids collected it from the hedgerows, he used to make all kinds of wine. I now see on the Rick Stein cooking show on TV they are teaching people how to pick wild herbs, as kids we knew most of them and brought them home. All this knowledge has gone, if they can't get it on their mobile they are stuffed.
    \Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Alcoholic Ginger Beer, been available for some time now.

Prices here do vary between states, also the size of the glass and the name.
    Pints are available in most, but we also have pots, schooners, midis and in most clubs beer by the jug.

Prices vary, here in Victoria a pot, half pint you you lot, can be between $3 and $5 depending on the bar.
    Most pubs have happy hour between 1700 hours and 1900, prices then are about 15% lower with pints at about $6 to $7.

Wine can be from $6 to $10 a glass and by the bottle from as low as $18 to as much as $40 depending on the style and quality.

Chateau cardboard can be in 2 liter, 4 or 6.
    Priced from $11.99 for a four to 13.99 for the six, the two liter is usually a better brew and can be around $12.

Spirits by the bottle vary from $ 32 for a cheap style Gin to about $65 for the very best.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks j.sabourn, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne, Des Taff Jenkins, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Hi Tony.
    Dandelion and Burdock was free when I lived in Wales, my father used to make it, we kids collected it from the hedgerows, he used to make all kinds of wine. I now see on the Rick Stein cooking show on TV they are teaching people how to pick wild herbs, as kids we knew most of them and brought them home. All this knowledge has gone, if they can't get it on their mobile they are stuffed.
    \Des
    well des we have a MP got it on his mobile and still got stuffed .....oh hsappy day

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Hi Tony.
    \Des
    One of my uncles from the Scottish branch of the family was brilliant at it. His best, and arguably one of the nicest wines I have ever tasted was his heather wine. We would pick lots of heather and he would painstakingly pinch off all the tiny flowers; brilliant.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Once was given a bottle of wine made from rose petals.
    From what I remember it was very good with a slight touch of fizz in it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ThDese only time I made wine over here in Aus was when we lived in the Blue Mountains. Parsley wine, took awhile to mature but a lovely drop. Hic Hic
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Bodiam View Post
    Re post 3, John i suggest you do more research on Hungary. Having recently lived there for over 7 years i can tell you that Victor has serious problems within his country. He controls most of the media, buses in vast numbers of Romanians at election time and tries to keep the majority of the country voters happy by giving out sacks of potatoes.
    Residents of Budapest do not favour him but simple country people love him as they believe his propaganda and have limited access to many other forms of media.
    Very little of what he does is not for the benefit of the people but for his own ends and that of his friends and associates.
    He is very good at stifling opposition and promoting himself.
    Try looking deeper into the situation in Hungary.
    Then I stand corrected trevor. It was reported here that as far as his immigration policy it was own people first which i thought was admiral and an example for quite a few
    other leaders.
    Last edited by John Cassels; 10th May 2022 at 06:25 PM.

10. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Border protection is a major problem for many countries with so many illegals on the move.
    All looking to go to some EU nation where they consider they will be better off.
    Pity they did not put more effort into fixing their own country then no need to move.

Here in Oz we are lucky being surrounded by sea, we can keep the boats out.

But if we get a Labor gov at next weeks erection, which looks as if we may, then the boats may well start up again.
    Could be the most Left wing gov the nation has ever had.
    Their policy is bit on the weak side and the people smugglers will make use of that.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 11th May 2022 at 06:08 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes John, but the UK ia also surrounded by water and does not seem to do them much good. In the Netherlands , Asylum seekers ( mostly financially motivated ) are treated better
    than the ordinary Dutch citizen with the logical consequences.

14. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast