Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hypocrisy of the Left

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hypocrisy of the Left

Way above my limited knowledge of Latin verbs Graham . What would one call a home made fakkel ? My answer would be to cross my fingers and say a fickle fakkel ? JS
    R575129

2. Likes N/A, Graham Payne, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Red face Re: Hypocrisy of the Left

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    Going by his alcoholic record John more likely to be lying in a gutter somewhere. An intelligent man with a tortured soul he had my sympathy until being charged in 2020 with viewing a 51 second child abuse film on children ranging in age between 12mths to seven yrs....That I find abhorrent and he himself a father of twin daughters.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as you don't confuse it with falafels John an acquired taste me thinks.

Well JS/Marian-not really going off thread here because it was JC in the Netherlands who talked of a burning fakkel being thrown against a front door by a D66 partyLeader (Who?,What? Where?...how intriguing).Makes Partygate sound ever so tame..

Spackle is a contender for another word that rhymes with fakkel.Spackle is a U.S.word for that compound used to fill holes when plastering--you know,all the small holes in the wall where your pictures hung,and which you are supposed to fill in and paint prior to removal after you sell your property-but seldom do ! Spackle.We call it Polyfilla... Don't ask for some spackle at B and Q,you might not get what you really want.
    I actually love wandering round B and Q,dreaming of all those home improvements I can do.It doesn't last long though-about 5 minutes,then I go home and just lie down-it's so exhausting. Yes ,but seriously B and Q is one of those few establishments with a non-ageist employment policy with a high proportion of staff,often quite older than oneself,so they are quite likely to know what you want when you ask for a tube of quick drying spackle and can direct you straight to the clearly marked Spackle/Polyfilla shelves...Sculptor.gif

So,back to the engrossing Hungarian politics debate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You make it sound so easy Graham , when I think it took me years to find out what a Gazinto was. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gazintos were very easy ti find in Cape Town, and for some they came witha present.

As to the price of grog, those poor buggers in the parliament are being done.

15 GBP for a bottle of Chardonnay, I can buy good quality Australian chardonnay for as little as $10 in the essential shop, (Dan Murphy grog supply) and only about $18 to $24 in clubs and restaurants.

But if they are being screwed with price how are you guys going??
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Remember John, we are talking prices in that other country of UK , westminster, prices you would not believe there. A pint of beer in Their bar £ 3.60, here on the Island, minimum is £4.20 if you are lucky. As for meals, its a wonder they don't move their beds and kids in.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Remember John, we are talking prices in that other country of UK , westminster, prices you would not believe there. A pint of beer in Their bar £ 3.60, here on the Island, minimum is £4.20 if you are lucky. As for meals, its a wonder they don't move their beds and kids in.
    £3.00 / pint at my boat club (open to the public) in Gateshead.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes i accept its cheaper to drink in the clubs, same here really, but when i contacted my MP about the cheap bar prices, he assured me they charged the average in the Westminster location, and that the subsidy would be cancelled over a 5 year period. Not that i believed him, he is now gone and on his pension.The price of £4.20 i quoted is for pubs. What's the average in a pub in your area? .I go to Shropshire on occasions on holiday, and always amazed at the price difference there compared to down South.
    R689823

9. Likes Graham Payne, Tony Taylor, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Stella in Bromley, Kent, each pub charges different prices but all above £5-20p.
    Graham R774640

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#40 As for presents John a bit of red lead on the tip of the brush was a good cure , not much got past that. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 5th May 2022 at 11:33 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#42 Just came in from the happy hour Tony as the first thursaday of the month and the ancient mariners night , what is left of it . $6 dollars Aust. A pint .normally $9. $2.5 a glass for boxed wine a glass $3.0 for bottled wine. Won $50 on the raffle so came home $35 richer . Who says drinking doesn’t pay ? JS

Vernon have just seen an advert recently in some paper for alcoholic ginger beer , that’s not the sort you drink is it.? I have never heard of it before so am looking at all the adverts press or media to see the cost , and will volunteer to try if they are looking for anyone. Cheers JS .
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 5th May 2022 at 02:16 PM.
    R575129

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast