Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Masks (Covid)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Masks (Covid)

The bell, the bell Quasimodo I think had that fixed.

Our surgery has a bloody big notice on the door, if you are OK just go in and make an appointment, no worries mate.

Most clubs and decent restaurants you must show you certificate on your phone, local Chinse no speaky English, you come in, sit we feed you.

At the local Community Health Center where I volunteer and supervise the men's shed all staff and volunteers must be fully Vaccinate.
    But clients coming in for treatment of any kind do not have to be and the staff are not allowed to ask if they are or not.
    Though most do offer the info.

Vaccination rates here in Oz now at about 95% with kids now being done which means that by the time school starts in early Feb as many as 97% of population will be done.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting information on masks doing the rounds in oz is the statement that "not having your mask over your nose is like putting a condom on your testicles"

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 21st January 2022 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well with some of the profolactic kits handed out by UCL you may have done just that.

But one wag here has written a small book about how people wear the masks, quite entertaining.

According to our state dictator you must carry a mask at all times when outside of your house, if caught without one there is a fine for you.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For our own protection my wife and I wear a mask every time we leave the house, the only thing I can't understand is the panic over the Rats testing kits, we haven't been tested with anything, we have been lucky to stay free of symptoms, I think there is a lot of hysteria with some people they must be testing themselves every bloody day, even without any symptoms.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hypochondriacs they call them Des. Every ship had them especially after some visit to some exotic port. The numbers of jolly jacks wanting to see a doctor for a check up was usually up around the 80 % mark, similar to the vaccination numbers we have today , if they went ashore wearing a face mask it was advisable to give them a wide berth though , he may have been hiding some exotic disease he picked up from some exotic person in an exotic paradise . Best he used his own exotic eating utensils. We certainly didn’t get paid much , but we did see life , in the raw. Cheers JS

Actually whenever I have to wear a mask as said I look on the bright side , saves on a razor blade. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 21st January 2022 at 09:01 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    For our own protection my wife and I wear a mask every time we leave the house, the only thing I can't understand is the panic over the Rats testing kits, we haven't been tested with anything, we have been lucky to stay free of symptoms, I think there is a lot of hysteria with some people they must be testing themselves every bloody day, even without any symptoms.
    Des
    Exactly what i have been trying to say Des, People are going beserk with this Rat Test thing and so many without reason ! Silly panicking!
    We do like you too just keep our Masks with us and wear them where and when we need to. Also have had no Tests and are keeping free from the Virus, so far so good!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

9. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've just come out of a covid infection. It began with high temp for one day. Tested clean today for the second time. I'm left feeling weaker and my chest rattles. It was like a chest cold. At no time did I have to stay in bed. The wife moved to the spare room, we wore masks around the house, and amazingly she has not been affected. We were both boosted in Oct.
    Harry Nicholson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not just the RATS, the ambos are under extreme pressure.
    Too many using it as a way to get to hospital for a shot of what ever vaccine is available.

Phone saying pain in the chest, Ambos have to come, take them to hospital when they say the pain is gone now.
    This lot area total pain in the a***.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Always thought RATS stood for Right Ascension True Sun. and for those who couldn’t spell it and spelt RHATS was Right Hour Angle True Sun. JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Our Daughter informed us yesterday that Cooma now has 35 cases, Jindabine in the Snowy's has 54, and there we were, we thought we only had two. This is since the Cockatoo in charge said let everything RIP. That is why I think the West Aus Premier is doing the right thing and keep his State closed.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast